takao
May 5, 09:30 AM
Are you truly anti-gun or have you just not been exposed to them so that you understand how fun it is:
1) Use a shotgun to shoot clay targets;
2) Shoot a rifle, pistol or revolver and realize how much fun it is to shoot a gun and hit your paper target, bowling pin or tin can;
funny how here in austria with it's conscription service one can easily see how the majority of 18 year olds turn from pro gun to anti gun within 6 months
after being grouped together with a whole age group across intelligence levels to handle guns, one simply can not take a pro gun stance
1) Use a shotgun to shoot clay targets;
2) Shoot a rifle, pistol or revolver and realize how much fun it is to shoot a gun and hit your paper target, bowling pin or tin can;
funny how here in austria with it's conscription service one can easily see how the majority of 18 year olds turn from pro gun to anti gun within 6 months
after being grouped together with a whole age group across intelligence levels to handle guns, one simply can not take a pro gun stance
fivepoint
Mar 4, 12:13 PM
Outdated graphs aside, you really think so? With the tri-cornered hat brigade being vastly outnumbered at rallies? With public opinion siding with the unions? With people watching good workers threatened with jail, and thinking to themselves, "If it can happen to them, it can happen to us?"
Yes, I absolutely really think so. The problem is that if (as I suspect) you only get your news from left-leaning organizations you're only getting half of the truth. Based on what I see, it's still the right that is more energized, it's still the right that is excited to vote in 2012, because deep down everyone realizes that these protesters are protesting for petty reasons. They don't care about the kids, the schools, the state, the budget, the economy... they just don't want THEIRS to be taken away. I've seen several polls which report exactly the opposite regarding public opinion on the unions... it's all in how you phrase the question.
IMHO, unless there's a MAJOR uptick in the economy and some MAJOR concessions made on the left regarding reducing the deficit, they don't stand a chance to win seats in 2012. Still a chance for the White House? Yes, but he probably won't be favored at that point if significant improvesments are seen in every day Americans' lives.
Yes, I absolutely really think so. The problem is that if (as I suspect) you only get your news from left-leaning organizations you're only getting half of the truth. Based on what I see, it's still the right that is more energized, it's still the right that is excited to vote in 2012, because deep down everyone realizes that these protesters are protesting for petty reasons. They don't care about the kids, the schools, the state, the budget, the economy... they just don't want THEIRS to be taken away. I've seen several polls which report exactly the opposite regarding public opinion on the unions... it's all in how you phrase the question.
IMHO, unless there's a MAJOR uptick in the economy and some MAJOR concessions made on the left regarding reducing the deficit, they don't stand a chance to win seats in 2012. Still a chance for the White House? Yes, but he probably won't be favored at that point if significant improvesments are seen in every day Americans' lives.

chrisd1974
Apr 5, 04:35 PM
No, it's ok all ads are great
obeygiant
Apr 21, 12:28 PM
Sorry, this idea is horrible. People are going to downrate posts because they disagree with someone's opinion, not because it's a bad post.
I can easily see the fanboys downrating anyone who mentions Microsoft, Android or any of Apple's competitors in a positive light.
I just buried down voted your comment because I disagreed with it.
I can easily see the fanboys downrating anyone who mentions Microsoft, Android or any of Apple's competitors in a positive light.
I just buried down voted your comment because I disagreed with it.
more...
Preclaro_tipo
Mar 28, 02:23 PM
What a lame rule...clearly they don't care about the best or most innovative products for people, they care about themselves and this time they aren't even TRYING to make it look like it is people/software/design first...it is purely Apple first.
I know Apple (and Microsoft, and google and Oracle, etc) gets accused of being evil, slimy, greedy, monopolistic, or some combination or derivation of these from time to time, or even regularly, but for me this is the one of the most flagrant 'slimy' (et al) practices I've seen of Apple.
I know Apple (and Microsoft, and google and Oracle, etc) gets accused of being evil, slimy, greedy, monopolistic, or some combination or derivation of these from time to time, or even regularly, but for me this is the one of the most flagrant 'slimy' (et al) practices I've seen of Apple.
JML42691
Dec 13, 10:42 AM
Dont underestimate the power of marketing. They might have this LTE/CDMA combo where the LTE is not all that functional but is there only for the publicity. Think about the splash of the FIRST 4G iPhone!
That would seem very un-Apple like, like somebody said earlier in this thread, they wouldn't allow homescreen background images on two of their phones because of performance issues (which can't be more than a fraction of a second), so why would they allow not fully-functioning LTE capabilities. Apple isn't a company that'll do something just so they can say they did it first, look at multitasking, Steve's quote when they announced it was something like, "we were certainly not the first to do it but we were the first to do it right." In Apple's eyes, if it isn't perfect they won't do it.
That would seem very un-Apple like, like somebody said earlier in this thread, they wouldn't allow homescreen background images on two of their phones because of performance issues (which can't be more than a fraction of a second), so why would they allow not fully-functioning LTE capabilities. Apple isn't a company that'll do something just so they can say they did it first, look at multitasking, Steve's quote when they announced it was something like, "we were certainly not the first to do it but we were the first to do it right." In Apple's eyes, if it isn't perfect they won't do it.
more...
Full of Win
Oct 23, 05:11 PM
i grew up in woodside, and it seems like this house would be very out of place. i'm not saying i have anything against his simple house or anything, just that it doesnt fit in with the area.
hope he enjoys getting no signal out there...everytime i go back there my iphone drains it's battery in about an hour searching for signal
That is what Microcells and Sat Phones are for. That, or a Verizon iPhone.
hope he enjoys getting no signal out there...everytime i go back there my iphone drains it's battery in about an hour searching for signal
That is what Microcells and Sat Phones are for. That, or a Verizon iPhone.
Rogzilla
Jan 10, 01:52 AM
You know what I want?
A small UMPC tablet, multitouch and pen input. Really, not a replacement computer but something like a large PDA. Something I can take with me, sit and draw/paint, write blogs at WIFI hotspots, make notes in meetings, and work on my various writings (screenplays, short stories, ect), then come home and sync it up with my iMac. A portable alternative for someone who already has a desktop.
I am still new to this whole Apple thing...love my iMac I got a year ago...but I have no idea what to expect.
A small UMPC tablet, multitouch and pen input. Really, not a replacement computer but something like a large PDA. Something I can take with me, sit and draw/paint, write blogs at WIFI hotspots, make notes in meetings, and work on my various writings (screenplays, short stories, ect), then come home and sync it up with my iMac. A portable alternative for someone who already has a desktop.
I am still new to this whole Apple thing...love my iMac I got a year ago...but I have no idea what to expect.
more...
stefan15
Jul 24, 11:41 AM
[--micropod image--]
OMG almost killed myself laughing
OMG almost killed myself laughing
lsvtecjohn3
Apr 15, 07:31 PM
Sounds like the Record companies are being their typical stupid selves. Only reason Apple is really able to get away with it is because they are Apple. It is not the closed system part but because they are Apple. I bet if the record company could they would say F you to Apple and pull out. I also would not be surpised if they regreat now making a deal with them when iTunes first launched.
The record companies might not like the deal they struck with Apple but I bet they like the fact that they got that money still coming in. In this day and age were almost everyone pirates there music at least with iTunes some people are still buying music. Some money is better than no money.
Amazon on it cloud stuff just said F-You to the record company and Amazon has enough sells like Apple iTMS that they can force the music company to bend over and take it.
Without getting licensing in place before launch I can see this bitting Amazon in the ass just like what happen to Google with the Google TV. No wonder why Apple is still talking to record companies.
http://www.mobiledia.com/news/85569.html
The record companies might not like the deal they struck with Apple but I bet they like the fact that they got that money still coming in. In this day and age were almost everyone pirates there music at least with iTunes some people are still buying music. Some money is better than no money.
Amazon on it cloud stuff just said F-You to the record company and Amazon has enough sells like Apple iTMS that they can force the music company to bend over and take it.
Without getting licensing in place before launch I can see this bitting Amazon in the ass just like what happen to Google with the Google TV. No wonder why Apple is still talking to record companies.
http://www.mobiledia.com/news/85569.html
more...
ipodtoucher
Apr 6, 11:09 PM
I'm gonna have to try this.
AGREED!
....i knew i should have stopped at harris teeter after the bank.....
AGREED!
....i knew i should have stopped at harris teeter after the bank.....
CaptainHaddock
Oct 3, 11:33 AM
And how exactly would they know to sue you in the first place?
And since when can you get a criminal record from a civil lawsuit? Since never, that's when.
And since when can you get a criminal record from a civil lawsuit? Since never, that's when.
more...
dukebound85
Apr 12, 06:24 PM
she is clearly carrying a bomb
iBug2
Apr 30, 10:03 PM
There's no proof that a closed app store brought in developers because prior to the app store existing there was no 3rd party development on the device (well, besides jailbreakers). So you can't claim that. Case in point, the Mac App store hasn't exploded in popularity the way the iPhone app store did.
But it's pretty clear that if Apple closed the platform they would lose the marketshare in:
1. education (need unix shell, ability to write programs in Eclipse, etc)
2. server (need extensibility)
3. games (steam for example could not operate)
4. professional (Adobe wouldn't stand for not being able to manage their own business model, for example)
5. open source (major open source projects would avoid the Mac because App store doesn't jive with their licenses, Firefox, OpenOffice, etc)
They'd probably also face a major antitrust lawsuit.
It's an unrealistic doomsday proposition that Apple isn't stupid enough to pursue.
You are talking about things that would happen if they closed it today. I said 15 years. :)
And it's not a doomsday proposition or anything. That's just where the entire industry will go.
But it's pretty clear that if Apple closed the platform they would lose the marketshare in:
1. education (need unix shell, ability to write programs in Eclipse, etc)
2. server (need extensibility)
3. games (steam for example could not operate)
4. professional (Adobe wouldn't stand for not being able to manage their own business model, for example)
5. open source (major open source projects would avoid the Mac because App store doesn't jive with their licenses, Firefox, OpenOffice, etc)
They'd probably also face a major antitrust lawsuit.
It's an unrealistic doomsday proposition that Apple isn't stupid enough to pursue.
You are talking about things that would happen if they closed it today. I said 15 years. :)
And it's not a doomsday proposition or anything. That's just where the entire industry will go.
more...
ChrisTX
Apr 25, 07:06 PM
I seriously doubt Apple is going to change the screen size so slightly because it may require a lot of software re-writes (unless the apps are truly resolution independent).
Perhaps, the screen only appears bigger because the borders will relatively shrink in the next generation????
Notice the size the iPhone apps scale to on the iPad is significantly larger than the actual 3.5" of the iPhone and they scale just fine. I didn't read all of the comments, but I've never seen anyone ever point this out before.
Perhaps, the screen only appears bigger because the borders will relatively shrink in the next generation????
Notice the size the iPhone apps scale to on the iPad is significantly larger than the actual 3.5" of the iPhone and they scale just fine. I didn't read all of the comments, but I've never seen anyone ever point this out before.
lordonuthin
Apr 10, 11:39 PM
yeah that's true, but now what's the excuse? the processors are out now!
I know!! Last year they had the Mac Pro out before the cpu's were even announced by Intel!
I know!! Last year they had the Mac Pro out before the cpu's were even announced by Intel!
more...
MacGeek1993
May 3, 08:05 PM
While I still like android a LOT better than iOS, I think it is a little unfair that carriers aren't allowing tethering apps to be installed on devices. I am paying more than I want to for my cellphone bill, and I think I should be allowed to install a tethering app.
torbjoern
Apr 15, 05:37 PM
What will be next? Here are some fine suggestions:
- Gay Arts
- Gay Phys.Ed.
- Gay Comp.Sci.
- Gay Arts
- Gay Phys.Ed.
- Gay Comp.Sci.
KnightWRX
Apr 29, 05:24 PM
In a command prompt, use winver. Note the version listed
EG, Windows 95, NT 4, 98, and ME are all considered Windows 4.x.
NT 4 and Windows 95/98 don't use the same kernel at all. They might share the GUI sub-system (actually, it's called the Win32 sub-system, which is probably what Windows Team blog is referring when referring to API versions, since Win32 is the Windows API) (and yes, I know the 64 bit version is called Win64, just like the 16 bit version was called Win16), but they do not share the same architecture/kernel at all, which Smitty inferred. So no, Smitty wasn't right at all, is use of the word kernel was wrong and confusing.
Anyway, the only way it makes sense again is Windows NT releases. I doubt the Windows Team Blog are in on marketing meetings. ;)
EG, Windows 95, NT 4, 98, and ME are all considered Windows 4.x.
NT 4 and Windows 95/98 don't use the same kernel at all. They might share the GUI sub-system (actually, it's called the Win32 sub-system, which is probably what Windows Team blog is referring when referring to API versions, since Win32 is the Windows API) (and yes, I know the 64 bit version is called Win64, just like the 16 bit version was called Win16), but they do not share the same architecture/kernel at all, which Smitty inferred. So no, Smitty wasn't right at all, is use of the word kernel was wrong and confusing.
Anyway, the only way it makes sense again is Windows NT releases. I doubt the Windows Team Blog are in on marketing meetings. ;)
finnns2000
Apr 25, 11:55 PM
My 3G is on its last legs, literally. I may succumb to the white iPhone 4 if this is what is in store for the next calendar year.
jimbo110
Sep 12, 08:36 AM
It's showtime in the danish store as well. It looks like a international update. That's positive sign.
smithrh
Apr 5, 08:40 PM
Thanks Dejo...
I may download this app as I've still not encountered an iAd, and it's on the bucket list. ;)
I can assure you all I'm not an idiot or moron.
:p
I may download this app as I've still not encountered an iAd, and it's on the bucket list. ;)
I can assure you all I'm not an idiot or moron.
:p
twoodcc
May 11, 03:27 PM
False alarm it was a single threaded a0 work unit, grrrr :mad:
and now it's back to a3's...
oh man, dang.
well there's still hope that my home built rig is going. a bigadv unit posted today for me, but i'm not sure which machine it should be. i'll find out tomorrow though
and now it's back to a3's...
oh man, dang.
well there's still hope that my home built rig is going. a bigadv unit posted today for me, but i'm not sure which machine it should be. i'll find out tomorrow though
skellter
Apr 5, 03:48 PM
Where can I download this app or whatever it is! :) I really wanna see the iAd stuff.