chrisd1974
Apr 5, 04:18 PM
Have any of you negative commenters ever owned an iPhone or even seen an iAd? If not, please reserve your comments.
These aren't just tiny micro banners/advertisements. Those are just the teaser into viewing the full screen iAd and actually, some of them are fairly creative in their implementation. Most are fairly interactive and none of the iAds take you out of the current App your using just to view it (like the old AdMob ads would do). There may be some that allow you to email a coupon to yourself, but I haven't come across any yet.
Long story short, if you don't like ads, don't download free apps that are ad supported or (here's a clever idea) DON'T CLICK ON THE AD. Otherwise, just keep your useless and/or 'clever' comments to yourselves unless you actually know what your talking about.
That's exactly what we do, that's why we think THIS is a pile of ****
These aren't just tiny micro banners/advertisements. Those are just the teaser into viewing the full screen iAd and actually, some of them are fairly creative in their implementation. Most are fairly interactive and none of the iAds take you out of the current App your using just to view it (like the old AdMob ads would do). There may be some that allow you to email a coupon to yourself, but I haven't come across any yet.
Long story short, if you don't like ads, don't download free apps that are ad supported or (here's a clever idea) DON'T CLICK ON THE AD. Otherwise, just keep your useless and/or 'clever' comments to yourselves unless you actually know what your talking about.
That's exactly what we do, that's why we think THIS is a pile of ****
npinchot
Mar 17, 02:10 PM
He counted the cash I gave him which was $230.00
I am a reward zone member, the receipt said I paid $530.00 cash.
If he paid $530.00 total, that means the only option was the 16 GB Wi-Fi only model. He didn't mention getting any change, so is there really somewhere that has 6.2125% sales tax? Seems unlikely.
I am a reward zone member, the receipt said I paid $530.00 cash.
If he paid $530.00 total, that means the only option was the 16 GB Wi-Fi only model. He didn't mention getting any change, so is there really somewhere that has 6.2125% sales tax? Seems unlikely.

dr Dunkel
May 2, 11:17 AM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_2 like Mac OS X; sv-se) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8H7 Safari/6533.18.5)
Location tracking "bug"... haha... well, I'm glad Apple got caught.
Location tracking "bug"... haha... well, I'm glad Apple got caught.
MacToddB
Oct 11, 04:21 PM
Pretty funny. One question though: obviously "there's a map for that" is a play-on-words for "there's an app for that." Isn't "there's an app for that" an Apple advertisement? Why take a shot at Apple with a similar phrase when Apple has nothing to do with AT&T's network? It's a clever line in the sense that it mocks another but it seems to miss the target.
First, to most people, AT&T and Apple are joined at the hip. You can't get the iPhone without AT&T, in the U.S., at least officially. Secondly, it's a dig at Apple and maybe designed to pressure them into breaking the exclusivity deal to make their product look better.
First, to most people, AT&T and Apple are joined at the hip. You can't get the iPhone without AT&T, in the U.S., at least officially. Secondly, it's a dig at Apple and maybe designed to pressure them into breaking the exclusivity deal to make their product look better.
more...
Stella
Mar 28, 03:31 PM
Apple does not offer all of its own apps in the app store. Is Final Cut Studio in the app store?
I'm betting the net Final Cut will be though!
The 2011 Apple Design awards have become pretty meaningless.. last year OSX apps weren't, IRC, eligible, only iOS.
I'm betting the net Final Cut will be though!
The 2011 Apple Design awards have become pretty meaningless.. last year OSX apps weren't, IRC, eligible, only iOS.
iJohnHenry
Apr 15, 05:22 PM
One has "gay" and the other doesn't? :p
Ah, an English major. Kudos.
Ah, an English major. Kudos.
more...
Mitthrawnuruodo
Aug 1, 08:54 AM
Well, I've only gotten 8 songs from iTMS Norway, so far, and I doubt I'll get many more... I get all my music from the local library... :cool:
So, considering that I couldn't care less if iTMS was closed.
On the other hand, I could think of a number of things, that will affect my and most Norwegians far more than DRM'ed music, that the Consumer Council should be concern about before starting to poke into iTMS and MSN Music (or whatever that is called). Though I support their effort to prevent Apple (or any other) to change the terms after the sale is made, that Apple tries to reserve the right to do in the EULA. For that Apple might get a big fat slap...
So, considering that I couldn't care less if iTMS was closed.
On the other hand, I could think of a number of things, that will affect my and most Norwegians far more than DRM'ed music, that the Consumer Council should be concern about before starting to poke into iTMS and MSN Music (or whatever that is called). Though I support their effort to prevent Apple (or any other) to change the terms after the sale is made, that Apple tries to reserve the right to do in the EULA. For that Apple might get a big fat slap...

George Knighton
Apr 23, 02:28 PM
How is "gay history" different than regular history? lol
The same way Black History is different, I guess.
I don't mind.
The same way Black History is different, I guess.
I don't mind.
more...
tkermit
Apr 5, 03:34 PM
Apple loves its customers so much, they let you view ads for free!
This could actually be made useful if Apple let you accumulate iTunes credit for voluntarily looking at some of the ads
This could actually be made useful if Apple let you accumulate iTunes credit for voluntarily looking at some of the ads
iOS v Android
May 3, 02:18 PM
why are you on macrumors.....you have something to do with Android to....practice what you...ah you know the rest
Yes and this story has little to do with iOS. It has nothing to do with openness vs Close. It is just something to mislead people. Read the article and look at all the comments.
Yes and this story has little to do with iOS. It has nothing to do with openness vs Close. It is just something to mislead people. Read the article and look at all the comments.
more...
MorphingDragon
May 4, 05:33 AM
But yes, at least the ads are great and really work the "magic". The only problem is that you won't stay in Wonderland with your iPad, and in the real world, it's just a nice toy for a couple of minutes but not really good for anything.
Thats what people said about the Kinect. Now look at what its doing when, especially when Academia got a hold of it. Just because you can't think of any uses doesn't make it a toy.
Thats what people said about the Kinect. Now look at what its doing when, especially when Academia got a hold of it. Just because you can't think of any uses doesn't make it a toy.
aritana
Sep 12, 08:22 AM
Yerba Buena means Good Herb!!!
today SJ will release the new iPot!!!:p
today SJ will release the new iPot!!!:p
more...
roadbloc
Mar 13, 04:34 AM
Transition.
The industry is undergoing a massive paradigm-shift, thanks to Apple
No. A new market has been opened by Apple. That is as far as it goes. An iPad is not for everyone. Tablets will never kill off Laptops or Desktops or Servers.
The industry is undergoing a massive paradigm-shift, thanks to Apple
No. A new market has been opened by Apple. That is as far as it goes. An iPad is not for everyone. Tablets will never kill off Laptops or Desktops or Servers.
kdarling
May 2, 07:44 PM
I really don't see the point. If you wanted to install your own "homebrew" apps without using the App Store, you can already do so by using "ad-hoc deployment" or joining the Enterprise Developer Program. Either option makes rolling out your own apps simple.
1) I think you're really missing one whole point of jailbreaking, which is to allow officially unsupported modifications such as widgets on the lockscreen.
2) The Dev Programs cost money, which a lot of home developers don't want to spend. Even personal ad-hoc is going to cost $100 a year just to allow an app to run on your own and friends' devices.
After five years, that'll be $500 just to keep your app(s) running, something that costs almost nothing to do on other systems for eternity... not to mention the pain of keeping dev profiles up to date on your friends' devices.
As pointed out before, that's one reason why the Apple App Store is so full of junk. Many home developers post their personal apps in the Store just so they won't have to babysit the devices of everyone they know.
1) I think you're really missing one whole point of jailbreaking, which is to allow officially unsupported modifications such as widgets on the lockscreen.
2) The Dev Programs cost money, which a lot of home developers don't want to spend. Even personal ad-hoc is going to cost $100 a year just to allow an app to run on your own and friends' devices.
After five years, that'll be $500 just to keep your app(s) running, something that costs almost nothing to do on other systems for eternity... not to mention the pain of keeping dev profiles up to date on your friends' devices.
As pointed out before, that's one reason why the Apple App Store is so full of junk. Many home developers post their personal apps in the Store just so they won't have to babysit the devices of everyone they know.
more...
dunnick
May 2, 03:16 PM
How about a 4.2.1.1 update for "legacy" iPhones?
And includes a way to shut off the stupid compass which seems to be borderline cripple-ware for phones that lack the magnetometer.
And includes a way to shut off the stupid compass which seems to be borderline cripple-ware for phones that lack the magnetometer.
alexhasfun28
Apr 15, 06:40 PM
This would actually look nice, if it was curved. Not in an ugly box/ mini MacBook form. But then again, aluminum does screw up the 3G frequency. Unless it was a better type of aluminum, or mate type of cover. & slimmer (:
:apple: iPhone HDS, this Summer of 2010.
:apple: iPhone HDS, this Summer of 2010.
more...
sundancekid
Jan 14, 08:16 PM
Hey bad news is better than no news. I'd bet Gizmodo will get a few more hits out of this and maybe ces will attract some more people to see what will happen next year. It may be in the end one of the better things to have happened to this event. (Just a different way of looking at it)

balamw
Apr 26, 08:33 PM
Of course I like help Dejo and I know you have help a lot people, you have even helped me before this thread and I appreciate it a lot. I said that because so many seasoned developers just throw that bomb at newbies so often when they try to find answers in forums (not just this one), it happens not only in Programming but in many other professional environments, people just shoot to kill when some new guy makes a basic mistake, but luckily not all, some people do like to help (or enjoy) and have the patience to explain even the dumbest detail.
Please take the time to read the two guides I linked in my response a few posts back.
This: Easy fellows.. :) .. those are not pointers ...
Then yes, they are indeed pointers to timers.
is exactly what they seek to avoid.
Help us help you.
You take it as a "bomb" when in fact it is a request to get on the same page.
B
I want to tell one timer to start and if I press cancel, invalidate it. Then If I press start again, call the second timer. (I do this because I read that you can't reuse a timer after you invalidate it).
So this will effectively be a stopwatch that can only by started and stopped twice?
Is that the intent?
EDIT: Have a look at this tutorial: http://www.apptite.be/blog/ios/sample-ios-application-stopwatch/ Do you understand why it doesn't need to define two timers?
B
Please take the time to read the two guides I linked in my response a few posts back.
This: Easy fellows.. :) .. those are not pointers ...
Then yes, they are indeed pointers to timers.
is exactly what they seek to avoid.
Help us help you.
You take it as a "bomb" when in fact it is a request to get on the same page.
B
I want to tell one timer to start and if I press cancel, invalidate it. Then If I press start again, call the second timer. (I do this because I read that you can't reuse a timer after you invalidate it).
So this will effectively be a stopwatch that can only by started and stopped twice?
Is that the intent?
EDIT: Have a look at this tutorial: http://www.apptite.be/blog/ios/sample-ios-application-stopwatch/ Do you understand why it doesn't need to define two timers?
B
Nekbeth
Apr 28, 10:00 AM
That's a very good explanation Knight, I'm starting to understand some things better. Let me go do some stuff (eat, banks, etc) and I'll post an updated code with the startTimer method you mention and continue with that 1 timer. I'll be back soon.
Thank you once again
Thank you once again
Anthony T
Apr 16, 09:49 AM
http://img.skitch.com/20100416-1fcq6stwput2wkx8w2c3wdw3sf.jpg
http://img.skitch.com/20100416-x24u8rjfyc781wmh9ms3us6y4e.jpg
Now that looks better. Where did you get these from? I'm assuming they are fake.
http://img.skitch.com/20100416-x24u8rjfyc781wmh9ms3us6y4e.jpg
Now that looks better. Where did you get these from? I'm assuming they are fake.
cmwade77
May 4, 10:55 AM
You know, you can always manually install the App on Android or use the Amazon App Store, Easy Tether (it's only USB though) is still there. Competition is always a good thing, as the Amazon App Store shows.
MacRumorUser
Nov 17, 12:27 PM
Reality check, bought World at War - i didnt play it for more than 1hour
bought Modern Warfare 2 - played for about 1.5 hours
Now i'm tempted to pick this up even though I havent finished any of those others simply because the game supports stereoscopic 3D...
Anyone tried 3D?
bought Modern Warfare 2 - played for about 1.5 hours
Now i'm tempted to pick this up even though I havent finished any of those others simply because the game supports stereoscopic 3D...
Anyone tried 3D?
Suture
Mar 26, 03:59 PM
Man, that sucks. There's got to be something the police can do.
I don't know if it will help you any, but you can sign your XBox gamertag up for the 360 blog (something like 360blogvoice.com I think) -- and it keeps a log of what you played on the 360 on a daily basis. Maybe see what the person is playing. I have no idea how it will help though.
Hope you get it back.
I don't know if it will help you any, but you can sign your XBox gamertag up for the 360 blog (something like 360blogvoice.com I think) -- and it keeps a log of what you played on the 360 on a daily basis. Maybe see what the person is playing. I have no idea how it will help though.
Hope you get it back.
rdowns
Mar 4, 01:12 PM
Okay, I've long suspected it, but this confirms it. You're just a very dedicated troll. No one, no one would take a poll that's seven-months out-of-date and try and pass it off as an accurate representation of current public opinion.
Wow.
Wow.