xlosltove777
Nov 16, 01:58 PM
Before my recent purchase of an iMac my whole family used AMD PC's, and I found that they performed pretty well at low-heat to. I had a AMD 64X2 4400+ and it ran idle at 30�C , it maxed out around 40� with stock heatsink.
While I'll admit Intel is ahead right now in tech. AMD does have "native" quad-core which should perform better than the Intel Quad-Core machines and on the lower-end AMD chips are in my opinion a great deal. They're also have some low-end chips which are going to be used in the OLPC so it could be used in some sub-notebook maybe?
But I don't think we'll see Apple add some AMD chips to their lineup for at least 6 months.
While I'll admit Intel is ahead right now in tech. AMD does have "native" quad-core which should perform better than the Intel Quad-Core machines and on the lower-end AMD chips are in my opinion a great deal. They're also have some low-end chips which are going to be used in the OLPC so it could be used in some sub-notebook maybe?
But I don't think we'll see Apple add some AMD chips to their lineup for at least 6 months.
.jpg)
*LTD*
Apr 22, 10:01 PM
The fact that I can not opt out. That it tracking me no matter were I go and I do not get a choice in the matter.
So? How exactly will this affect you personally? Sounds like an imaginary demon. What exactly is your fear? Will some harm come to you?
On top of that the more services that do this the more likely that it will be stolen as it already been shown Apple way of doing it is craptature as it is not even encrypted compared to Googles which is.
Why does it need to be encrypted? For what purpose?
This makes it very easy to steal.
Ok. But for what purpose? To what end?
It more I want to know what info is collect and what is done with it and also the option to opt out.
What exactly do you think will be done with that information? Will you be tracked and abducted? What will be done with information that showed you were like 10km near your local Target outlet? Is this critical, private information about you?

anime boy jeans.

emo guys anime. Anime Guys; Anime Guys. Krafty. Jan 26, 09:13 AM. Ha sound like metypical college student.

hot guys emo hair style

black emo hair oys. emo hair

Emo Boys

Cute Anime Emo Guys. emo guys anime. Anime Emo guys; emo guys anime. Anime Emo guys. karsten. Mar 23, 05:20 PM

cute anime emo love. cute

*hot* hot

emo guys anime. Anime Drawings Emo Guys. Anime Drawings Emo Guys. nec207. Apr 15, 03:26 AM. I#39;m trying to fix 5 year old Macbook for some one .

scene boy hairstyles. anime oy

Cool Emo Boys Hairstyles.

anime boys

Cute Anime Emo Guys. Anime Emo Love Wallpaper. Anime Emo Love Wallpaper. trssho. Mar 28, 05:08 PM. That#39;s why your auction is gone, and u have likely been

anime drawings emo guys. Emo Love: heart exchange by

hot anime guys

emo guys anime. Emo Anime Boy
So? How exactly will this affect you personally? Sounds like an imaginary demon. What exactly is your fear? Will some harm come to you?
On top of that the more services that do this the more likely that it will be stolen as it already been shown Apple way of doing it is craptature as it is not even encrypted compared to Googles which is.
Why does it need to be encrypted? For what purpose?
This makes it very easy to steal.
Ok. But for what purpose? To what end?
It more I want to know what info is collect and what is done with it and also the option to opt out.
What exactly do you think will be done with that information? Will you be tracked and abducted? What will be done with information that showed you were like 10km near your local Target outlet? Is this critical, private information about you?

aswitcher
Sep 12, 07:43 AM
They'll release iTunes 7.0 with "iTunes Store" in it's place and it will all come back online after the event.
Yep, its going to be a long night.
Yep, its going to be a long night.
toddybody
Apr 29, 01:14 PM
Hope Lion comes with my sandybridge mba :D
I hope something besides SB IGP comes with that MBA too:p
I hope something besides SB IGP comes with that MBA too:p

Glideslope
May 2, 02:20 PM
I should hope that this update will allay any of the concerns and fears that some panic-stricken people have had lately.
Old news. Already moved to the White iPhone's Thickness. :apple:
Old news. Already moved to the White iPhone's Thickness. :apple:

nsayer
Jul 21, 05:27 PM
It creates a constant -24dbm drop.
*TWEEEEEEET* Illegal use of units. 5 yard penalty. Repeat first down.
dB is a ratio unit, usable in the context of "...a 24 dB drop." dBm is an absolute unit - dB up from a milliwatt.
*TWEEEEEEET* Illegal use of units. 5 yard penalty. Repeat first down.
dB is a ratio unit, usable in the context of "...a 24 dB drop." dBm is an absolute unit - dB up from a milliwatt.
9secondadidas
Mar 24, 03:56 PM
Here's to 10 more!
ciTiger
May 3, 03:22 PM
This is a major setback IMHO...
I know it is illegal but carriers make tons of cash with their inflated prices... Who protects us from that?
I know it is illegal but carriers make tons of cash with their inflated prices... Who protects us from that?
RoboCop001
Jan 10, 03:53 PM
Worse than lame.
Where does Gizmodo operate from? I'm going to pay them a visit and turn their monitors off. If you can't tell that's a metaphor for kicking them in the shins and then the face.
And then maybe if there's enough time, I'll force them to watch Dark Planet or that episode of Battlestar Galactica 1980 where the kids go up in a tree and turn invisible and start throwing apples at the people down below and they have those ridiculous viper bikes.
Anyone remember Tek Wars? What a show!
Where does Gizmodo operate from? I'm going to pay them a visit and turn their monitors off. If you can't tell that's a metaphor for kicking them in the shins and then the face.
And then maybe if there's enough time, I'll force them to watch Dark Planet or that episode of Battlestar Galactica 1980 where the kids go up in a tree and turn invisible and start throwing apples at the people down below and they have those ridiculous viper bikes.
Anyone remember Tek Wars? What a show!
budugu
Oct 3, 04:00 PM
I am just interested in a black Macbook pro with the new Core 2 Duo w/800 FSB ... in either 15" or 17" ... if they can come up with a better video ipod may be.
wvuwhat
Dec 4, 07:40 PM
Famas
-Red Dot Site
Crossbow
Semtex, Willey pete, Claymore
Hardline pro, Hardcore pro, Marathon pro
RC, Care package, Chopper Gunner
I've got my ideal set-up for my style of play.
...AND I HATE HAVANA
-Red Dot Site
Crossbow
Semtex, Willey pete, Claymore
Hardline pro, Hardcore pro, Marathon pro
RC, Care package, Chopper Gunner
I've got my ideal set-up for my style of play.
...AND I HATE HAVANA

gootz
Aug 15, 12:43 AM
I went into my local Apple store yesterday and they denied that there were even upgrades? WTF? I guess they want to sell off there current stock?

Mitch1984
Oct 2, 04:02 PM
I can't believe that people are disgruntled that we are forced to use iTunes with iPod.
iTunes is brilliant.
It's not as if we are forced to use something really crummy like WMP with the worlds favourite MP3 player.
"Unnamed company"
We all know who that is....Real.
& Microsoft.
iTunes is brilliant.
It's not as if we are forced to use something really crummy like WMP with the worlds favourite MP3 player.
"Unnamed company"
We all know who that is....Real.
& Microsoft.
xVeinx
Apr 29, 01:58 PM
These naysayers have been moaning and groaning about iOS forever. They will continue to do so forever. In the meantime the rest of the world will get on with using some great software (many of it free) and getting a lot of things done.
I'm glad Apple is pushing things forward. The last thing I want to see is OS X stagnate. Since we are now in the post-PC era, ideas from iOS are precisely what need to be explored. It won't be too many more years from now when the majority of consumer-level computing devices will be tablets running iOS-type gestures. It will be the expected thing to be able to support finger gestures to do common tasks. Any OS that cannot handle this will be considered old-fashioned.
Apple is doing the right thing by getting the future into OS X. They don't want to be left behind.
In another sense, the direction of the consumer PC/tablet/etc. will be where Apple takes it. They can play off of their successes with the iPad and iPhone and use that to shift the market to devices where Apple has a substantial amount of IP, experience, and expertise. It's one thing to be an alternative, as opposed to a shift where everything else becomes a (less desirable) alternative. That's where Apple is trying to go. Obviously not everyone agrees, but they have thus far made substantial inroads. Apple is increasingly a consumer-focussed company, so the utility of an interface in OS X, for instance, may suffer in it's usability for the "power user." It's hard to say though how much compromise will be made, as the dramatic changes in Final Cut Pro's upcoming release indicate a continued commitment to at least one sub-group of power users.
I'm glad Apple is pushing things forward. The last thing I want to see is OS X stagnate. Since we are now in the post-PC era, ideas from iOS are precisely what need to be explored. It won't be too many more years from now when the majority of consumer-level computing devices will be tablets running iOS-type gestures. It will be the expected thing to be able to support finger gestures to do common tasks. Any OS that cannot handle this will be considered old-fashioned.
Apple is doing the right thing by getting the future into OS X. They don't want to be left behind.
In another sense, the direction of the consumer PC/tablet/etc. will be where Apple takes it. They can play off of their successes with the iPad and iPhone and use that to shift the market to devices where Apple has a substantial amount of IP, experience, and expertise. It's one thing to be an alternative, as opposed to a shift where everything else becomes a (less desirable) alternative. That's where Apple is trying to go. Obviously not everyone agrees, but they have thus far made substantial inroads. Apple is increasingly a consumer-focussed company, so the utility of an interface in OS X, for instance, may suffer in it's usability for the "power user." It's hard to say though how much compromise will be made, as the dramatic changes in Final Cut Pro's upcoming release indicate a continued commitment to at least one sub-group of power users.
twoodcc
Apr 5, 06:24 PM
Yeah you do have a point about the heat. It's been folding good lately, so I might get a little bonus on this unit. We'll see

Music_Producer
Jan 12, 02:27 AM
Arrogant? Are you blind? He looked proud, almost as though the iPhone was his child or something. He was proud that they came up with a beautiful phone, with amazing features. Photo management on a phone.. have you ever tried photo features on all the phones that are out in the market? Sheesh.. and at the end he thanked everybody who worked on the phone, and all the families. Does that strike you as someone who is arrogant or someone who is truly appreciative of what all the employees do?
I can't quite understand what it is with everyone out here. Throwing a fit because no mac product was released? Um, they just launched a new product line.. get it? A new product.. a phone which runs OS X, looks fantastic and has the best features and user interface I have ever seen. Yeah, sure, it could have more features.. but I'm sure they put the best possible in it while keeping it at a reasonable price. This macworld was all about the new consumer electronics line of products. This doesn't mean they will slow down any mac-computer developments.. on the contrary. More revenue from ipod, iphone, etc. will allow them to make better computers. It just strikes me that everyone here is a whining baby with no clue about how a company can carry out business. "I'm gonna kill myself because they made a phone.. i want my 16 core mac pro right now or else i'll kill somebody!"
People here complain when Apple doesn't come out with a phone.. and they complain more when they do come out with it. And they actually psycho-analyze Steve Jobs, who the hell cares if you thought he was arrogant? If I were him, I would probably be an evil dictator. Knowing that I own a highly innovative company that has taken the world by storm with a line of fantastic products... please, I find Trump, Tyra Banks (my wife watches her show all the time) etc. much much more arrogant. If you really want to see arrogance.. you should see those 'My sweet 16' shows. :rolleyes:
I can't quite understand what it is with everyone out here. Throwing a fit because no mac product was released? Um, they just launched a new product line.. get it? A new product.. a phone which runs OS X, looks fantastic and has the best features and user interface I have ever seen. Yeah, sure, it could have more features.. but I'm sure they put the best possible in it while keeping it at a reasonable price. This macworld was all about the new consumer electronics line of products. This doesn't mean they will slow down any mac-computer developments.. on the contrary. More revenue from ipod, iphone, etc. will allow them to make better computers. It just strikes me that everyone here is a whining baby with no clue about how a company can carry out business. "I'm gonna kill myself because they made a phone.. i want my 16 core mac pro right now or else i'll kill somebody!"
People here complain when Apple doesn't come out with a phone.. and they complain more when they do come out with it. And they actually psycho-analyze Steve Jobs, who the hell cares if you thought he was arrogant? If I were him, I would probably be an evil dictator. Knowing that I own a highly innovative company that has taken the world by storm with a line of fantastic products... please, I find Trump, Tyra Banks (my wife watches her show all the time) etc. much much more arrogant. If you really want to see arrogance.. you should see those 'My sweet 16' shows. :rolleyes:
omyard
Apr 8, 02:19 PM
Well this sucks. I liked the original "Best Buy is evil" story. :mad:
balamw
Oct 6, 10:44 AM
I noticed some of the same issues you did with the Wiki article, but didn't find a better general one. You? Cody Brocious had a blog post on the iTunes 6 process a while back but it doesn't seem to be available anymore...
Both the private assymetric key, used to communicate with the server (to obtain the symmetric keys) and all of the symmetric keys, used to decrypt the actual media files, are hidden inside iTunes. Try looking for them on your harddrive, I promise you that you won't find them (unless you are an expert pirate with a few months of your time where you have nothing better to do....)
My point was exactly that. All the keys for decryption have to be on your PC/Mac/iPod.
It's the keys used to encrypt the actual media files, which are more closely guarded at Apple. It's much easier to pick the locks on the local system you have under your control than a remote server somewhere... The decryption keys are definitely stored locally since you can play protected files while offline. The one chink in the armor that I see that Jon may be using is that the personalization of the files is done locally, so this step may be exploitable.
Finding where the keys are on your HDD is the easy part, accessing and using them is the task that takes months... [Simple way to find the location of the keys. Image your HDD. Purchase file from iTunes. Image your HDD compare the two images. The new key(s) (and the file itself) must be in the bits that changed.]
As someone who does this for a living, can you comment on my read of the hacks that have been released in the later post http://forums.macrumors.com/showpost.php?p=2917258&postcount=96. It still seems to me that where DRM has been hacked has relied on key retrieval or finding the weak spot in the chain.

emo guys anime. anime guy
Both the private assymetric key, used to communicate with the server (to obtain the symmetric keys) and all of the symmetric keys, used to decrypt the actual media files, are hidden inside iTunes. Try looking for them on your harddrive, I promise you that you won't find them (unless you are an expert pirate with a few months of your time where you have nothing better to do....)
My point was exactly that. All the keys for decryption have to be on your PC/Mac/iPod.
It's the keys used to encrypt the actual media files, which are more closely guarded at Apple. It's much easier to pick the locks on the local system you have under your control than a remote server somewhere... The decryption keys are definitely stored locally since you can play protected files while offline. The one chink in the armor that I see that Jon may be using is that the personalization of the files is done locally, so this step may be exploitable.
Finding where the keys are on your HDD is the easy part, accessing and using them is the task that takes months... [Simple way to find the location of the keys. Image your HDD. Purchase file from iTunes. Image your HDD compare the two images. The new key(s) (and the file itself) must be in the bits that changed.]
As someone who does this for a living, can you comment on my read of the hacks that have been released in the later post http://forums.macrumors.com/showpost.php?p=2917258&postcount=96. It still seems to me that where DRM has been hacked has relied on key retrieval or finding the weak spot in the chain.

suniil
May 4, 06:48 AM
Great ad! but giving a sense that frequent upgrade is required
mmcc
Mar 29, 07:58 AM
It'll be their loss, especially since competitors like MS will follow suit and introduce a similar distribution model. Eventually everyone will be in the game, for the the simple reason that they'd like to duplicate Apple's success.
Whoa! The jury is still out as to whether the Mac App Store is a success. While a few apps at the top have trumpeted their success, I dare say there is a far greater mass of apps that are doing less business than before the Mac App Store opened.
In my own market segment the Mac App Store has reduced the cash flow for everyone due largely, among other factors, to the increased and sustained visibility of the freebies. It is crazy for Apple to court developers and then throw up a list of freebies alongside my own paid offering. Thanks so much -- for nothing! Where are the free alternatives to Garage Band, Keynote, or Numbers? You can be sure they are not on the same page in the Mac App Store...
As far as I am concerned as a developer, the Mac App Store is a waste of time unless we can all go write $1.99 apps that get downloaded by a million people (good luck!). Anything that requires significant development time is a loss. Plus, anything that costs real money can't be tried first from the Mac App Store. Developers still have to maintain websites, demos, and bandwidth but then pay Apple 30% for the sale in an environment that depresses prices. Success? By what measure and for whom?
Whoa! The jury is still out as to whether the Mac App Store is a success. While a few apps at the top have trumpeted their success, I dare say there is a far greater mass of apps that are doing less business than before the Mac App Store opened.
In my own market segment the Mac App Store has reduced the cash flow for everyone due largely, among other factors, to the increased and sustained visibility of the freebies. It is crazy for Apple to court developers and then throw up a list of freebies alongside my own paid offering. Thanks so much -- for nothing! Where are the free alternatives to Garage Band, Keynote, or Numbers? You can be sure they are not on the same page in the Mac App Store...
As far as I am concerned as a developer, the Mac App Store is a waste of time unless we can all go write $1.99 apps that get downloaded by a million people (good luck!). Anything that requires significant development time is a loss. Plus, anything that costs real money can't be tried first from the Mac App Store. Developers still have to maintain websites, demos, and bandwidth but then pay Apple 30% for the sale in an environment that depresses prices. Success? By what measure and for whom?
balamw
Apr 16, 02:18 PM
Apple doesn't have much in common with the company that promised that updates. MS might have changed since their Longhorn days, but they are still much closer times wise for MS. We'll see in Vista a screw up for MS after resting on XP's success for so long, or if 7 was a fluke and MS has lost it.
I'm seeing 8 as a good OS X, but not the upgrade 7 was. Which is in part due to the mess that was Vista and the age of XP at the time of 7's launch.
While I agree with you overall, I think there have been plenty of features that NeXT-Apple has teased, but not ultimately delivered on. "Home on the iPod" is one and "resolution independence" is another, I'm sure there are more but these are two that might actually have mattered to me.
B
I'm seeing 8 as a good OS X, but not the upgrade 7 was. Which is in part due to the mess that was Vista and the age of XP at the time of 7's launch.
While I agree with you overall, I think there have been plenty of features that NeXT-Apple has teased, but not ultimately delivered on. "Home on the iPod" is one and "resolution independence" is another, I'm sure there are more but these are two that might actually have mattered to me.
B
sikkinixx
Nov 14, 02:59 PM
Popped my new CoD disc, it took almost 20 minutes to get into a match, then it got dropped half way through and was trying to migrate to a new host and I left.
Looks ugly, feels too floaty compared to MW2, RC cars and dogs are already making me angry, sounds crappier, and spawning (as noted above) is horrid.
Good start... :o
Looks ugly, feels too floaty compared to MW2, RC cars and dogs are already making me angry, sounds crappier, and spawning (as noted above) is horrid.
Good start... :o
Surf Monkey
Mar 17, 01:06 AM
As for the Karma, I found a iPhone 4 at Macy's 2-days before shopping with my girlfriend, and I didn't think twice about not turning it in. I made this woman's day when she got it back. So I figured hey, maybe that was a little something I got for doing something honest a few days before
We all find creative ways to justify our actions.
We all find creative ways to justify our actions.
GoKyu
Mar 24, 05:08 PM
As a switcher in I feel I have to give a big thanks to Microsoft and Windows Vista - after all, if Vista hadn't been so terrible, I might not have switched ;)
Happy birthday OS X - here's to another 10 years!!
Happy birthday OS X - here's to another 10 years!!