Hephaestus
Mar 18, 08:18 PM
I agree with you on this- the comments were definitely rude.
But I still don't think you get my point (and this includes the guy who posted below my previous post). That it doesn't mean that the other person is jealous of you. Its this attitude that irks me. And its this very attitude that so many "fanboys" share. Why in the world would someone be JEALOUS of you because you have a $200-$300 phone or even a $1500 computer?!? And because you think others envy you for it, you end up placing extraordinary value on everyday material things. I mean, seriously, is this what you use to define your status in society, what kind of phone you carry? Are you really that shallow and materialistic? I honestly feel pity for you.
To the other poster. You were jealous of (or "hated") those who had iphones until you got one for yourself. Now you believe that everyone around you is jealous of you.
I understand, you buy something trendy, and it makes you feel good. Thats great, I'm not arguing with that, because you should enjoy everything you have. But its this faux sense of superiority that comes with it, that makes you believe that others are envious of you because you bought this gadget. Its not like you've won the Nobel prize or even drive a Bugatti Veyron, that would make someone want what you have. No, you bought a phone. A phone that lots of people already have. A phone that my housekeeper's 11 year old son has. And any Joe Schmoe can walk into any Apple store/Walmart/Best Buy and pick one up. And when the new model comes out, you'll buy that as well, because you're chronically unsatisfied with what you have, and somehow, you feel that owning this will raise you up above the rest of society. It is people with attitudes like this (the attitude of the fanboy) that Apple capitalizes on.
Take this as a life lesson -- set your goals higher. Don't be envious of the guy with the cooler phone.
Oh my, you really missed the point with this one. Maybe you are right and I'm exaggerating, but if someone flat out starts being rude to someone because they see them with something, then I'm struggling to think of a reason. By no means am I placing extraordinary value on it, what have I been repeating through every page of this thread? Its just a damn phone. Keep your life lessons to yourself and try not to be so condescending.
Also, reality is that there are a lot of people out there that get jealous of material things. Some people get jealous when they see others drive a nicer car, some get jealous when they see someone with nicer shoes then them. I perfectly understand the shallowness of the human condition. I'm simply pointing out an observation based on my own personal experience within the last few days.
But I still don't think you get my point (and this includes the guy who posted below my previous post). That it doesn't mean that the other person is jealous of you. Its this attitude that irks me. And its this very attitude that so many "fanboys" share. Why in the world would someone be JEALOUS of you because you have a $200-$300 phone or even a $1500 computer?!? And because you think others envy you for it, you end up placing extraordinary value on everyday material things. I mean, seriously, is this what you use to define your status in society, what kind of phone you carry? Are you really that shallow and materialistic? I honestly feel pity for you.
To the other poster. You were jealous of (or "hated") those who had iphones until you got one for yourself. Now you believe that everyone around you is jealous of you.
I understand, you buy something trendy, and it makes you feel good. Thats great, I'm not arguing with that, because you should enjoy everything you have. But its this faux sense of superiority that comes with it, that makes you believe that others are envious of you because you bought this gadget. Its not like you've won the Nobel prize or even drive a Bugatti Veyron, that would make someone want what you have. No, you bought a phone. A phone that lots of people already have. A phone that my housekeeper's 11 year old son has. And any Joe Schmoe can walk into any Apple store/Walmart/Best Buy and pick one up. And when the new model comes out, you'll buy that as well, because you're chronically unsatisfied with what you have, and somehow, you feel that owning this will raise you up above the rest of society. It is people with attitudes like this (the attitude of the fanboy) that Apple capitalizes on.
Take this as a life lesson -- set your goals higher. Don't be envious of the guy with the cooler phone.
Oh my, you really missed the point with this one. Maybe you are right and I'm exaggerating, but if someone flat out starts being rude to someone because they see them with something, then I'm struggling to think of a reason. By no means am I placing extraordinary value on it, what have I been repeating through every page of this thread? Its just a damn phone. Keep your life lessons to yourself and try not to be so condescending.
Also, reality is that there are a lot of people out there that get jealous of material things. Some people get jealous when they see others drive a nicer car, some get jealous when they see someone with nicer shoes then them. I perfectly understand the shallowness of the human condition. I'm simply pointing out an observation based on my own personal experience within the last few days.
Eidorian
Nov 16, 10:36 PM
I would.
You see...ATi's integrated graphics solution is WAAYY BETTER than Intel 945 integrated graphics solution, so, it would be the perfect match for a lowcost laptop: Turion CPU and an ATi chipset.
Here's a page with some IGP benchmarks: http://kettya.com/notebook2/gpu_ranking.htmWow even spending an extra $1 on something from ATI would be well worth it. Almost double the performance over the GMA 950.
You see...ATi's integrated graphics solution is WAAYY BETTER than Intel 945 integrated graphics solution, so, it would be the perfect match for a lowcost laptop: Turion CPU and an ATi chipset.
Here's a page with some IGP benchmarks: http://kettya.com/notebook2/gpu_ranking.htmWow even spending an extra $1 on something from ATI would be well worth it. Almost double the performance over the GMA 950.
MDMac
Jan 6, 02:24 AM
I can't wait! I'm having trouble sleeping nights... :p
kdarling
Jan 2, 07:52 AM
The iPhone 4 uses the Infineon X-GOLD 61x baseband processor, which supports HSDPA/HSUPA.
No HSPA+.
No LTE.
I've read that the Samsung Galaxy S phones use the same chip.
No HSPA+.
No LTE.
I've read that the Samsung Galaxy S phones use the same chip.
ron dj
Sep 12, 02:44 AM
The whole Movie Store (iFlicks/iMovies, what have you) idea is too similar to the iTune's introduction, with the iPod, and those third-party music download sites that popped up everywhere all because of the "music store idea". Already, Amazon.com has a movie store, and I'm sure there are more to come/already out, but what these businesses are forgetting is that the reason iTunes was/and still is so successful was almost entirely because of the iPod, and its ultimate ease of accessibility with iTunes. Of course Movies are alot different than Music, but if Apple releases a movie-based (widescreen, easy upload, etc) iPod that has the same user-friendliness as it relatively did/does with music, these third-party "Movie Stores" are going to follow the same path of every attempted third-party music-download site to "over-do" iTunes, insofar that those businesses don't charge significantly less than Apple does. In all, Apple WILL release its Movie-ample iPod with the Movie Store or subsequently and immediately after the Movie Store opens, since there is every reason TO do so.
bigandy
Oct 17, 08:52 AM
I'd rather see Blu Ray win this. It's clearly the better product on paper.
However, as history shows us, this doesn't mean it will win :(
Apple supporting both? I think it's a good option to give the customers - it's us who'll decide... But a hybrid drive will be the best bet.
However, as history shows us, this doesn't mean it will win :(
Apple supporting both? I think it's a good option to give the customers - it's us who'll decide... But a hybrid drive will be the best bet.
anjinha
Apr 21, 11:23 AM
Yeah, I see what you're saying. I was able to change the vote on your post back and forth from 1 to -1 with one click.
On a side note, before I start a new thread about it, is anyone having issues with the ability to view PMs? I'm getting a "fatal error".
I voted Skunk's post as well so that accounts for one vote.
On a side note, before I start a new thread about it, is anyone having issues with the ability to view PMs? I'm getting a "fatal error".
I voted Skunk's post as well so that accounts for one vote.
css1323
May 2, 12:10 PM
I know I'm late in this thread.. but, the supposed battery life improvements, is that simply the result of iOS no longer tracking so much information? Or is it the result of real unrelated improvements?

fmjordan23
Jul 22, 06:15 PM
Not sure what the fuss is all about. I haven't had the "issues" that everyone seems to raising soo much sand about....but I bought a bumper to protect the phone. It's a device made by humans and it can malfunction.........didn't we know that already?
My iPhone 4 works better in my home theater system than the 3....no interference and no issue....my 3G didn't work correctly half the time. So....maybe the antenna attenuation actuals helps in doors........(kidding):D
My iPhone 4 works better in my home theater system than the 3....no interference and no issue....my 3G didn't work correctly half the time. So....maybe the antenna attenuation actuals helps in doors........(kidding):D
chrisd1974
Apr 5, 04:18 PM
Have any of you negative commenters ever owned an iPhone or even seen an iAd? If not, please reserve your comments.
These aren't just tiny micro banners/advertisements. Those are just the teaser into viewing the full screen iAd and actually, some of them are fairly creative in their implementation. Most are fairly interactive and none of the iAds take you out of the current App your using just to view it (like the old AdMob ads would do). There may be some that allow you to email a coupon to yourself, but I haven't come across any yet.
Long story short, if you don't like ads, don't download free apps that are ad supported or (here's a clever idea) DON'T CLICK ON THE AD. Otherwise, just keep your useless and/or 'clever' comments to yourselves unless you actually know what your talking about.
That's exactly what we do, that's why we think THIS is a pile of ****
These aren't just tiny micro banners/advertisements. Those are just the teaser into viewing the full screen iAd and actually, some of them are fairly creative in their implementation. Most are fairly interactive and none of the iAds take you out of the current App your using just to view it (like the old AdMob ads would do). There may be some that allow you to email a coupon to yourself, but I haven't come across any yet.
Long story short, if you don't like ads, don't download free apps that are ad supported or (here's a clever idea) DON'T CLICK ON THE AD. Otherwise, just keep your useless and/or 'clever' comments to yourselves unless you actually know what your talking about.
That's exactly what we do, that's why we think THIS is a pile of ****
Mal
Jul 24, 11:29 PM
http://www.userfriendly.org/cartoons/archives/06jul/ufng009334.gif
Wait for it, it's a nag strip, but sooo worth it.
jW
Wait for it, it's a nag strip, but sooo worth it.
jW
LagunaSol
Apr 29, 04:29 PM
btw- does anyone know why the current version is named Windows 7? Why 7?
Microsoft needed the good luck after Vista. :p
Microsoft needed the good luck after Vista. :p
BLUELION
May 3, 09:26 PM
Oh ya. Lets see where they go.
dscuber9000
Apr 15, 04:45 PM
Google is finding out just how difficult it is to negotiate with record labels. :p
fsudaft
Apr 3, 08:41 PM
http://digg.com/gaming_news/Stolen_Xbox_360_Microsoft_refuses_to_assist_police
CyberBob859
Jan 15, 10:34 PM
but I really thought the MacBook Air was going to be the "One more thing.." (which they didn't do.)
Since I was just thinking of upgrading my router from a Linksys to Airport Extreme, the announcement of Time Capsule was a welcome surprise. The pricing is pretty competitive when you consider what a 1 TB external firewire + Airport Extreme router would cost. (Although I do like the Drobo a lot, its pretty expensive once you add drives in it.) Time Capsule will be nice for Time Machine on both my iMac and MacBook.
Apple TV got off life support today. The iTunes movie rental announcement is HUGE, considering that ALL the major movie studios are onboard. It supports HD (720p is OK by me for now) and 5.1 surround sound, and doesn't require a computer for purchases or rentals. Too bad I don't have a widescreen HDTV, or I may actually buy one, but at least I can rent movies for my MacBook and/or iPod when I travel.
Since I don't own an iPhone or iPod Touch, the announcements here didn't do much for me. Tracking your location without a GPS is cool, and multiple messaging is fine, but to me, these are just evolutionary updates. Charging $20 for upgrading the iPod Touch is unfair, but might be related to accounting practices and reporting. I will be more excited about the iPhone and iPod Touch once the SDK comes out and third party apps are developed. (I want a SlingBox client.)
The MacBook Air is a really nice design. It shows what Apple is capable of pulling off. But, like a supermodel or Paris Hilton, they may nice to look at, but have limited usefulness beyond their outward appearance. You can't upgrade the hard drive, the processor is slower than what you can get on a MacBook Pro or even MacBook, and there are fewer ports to hook devices up to. The Air is the new fashion item for the rich and wannabe famous.
What I found interesting what WASN'T announced:
1) no 10.5.2 updates to fix Leopard bugs
2) no updates to MacBook or MacBook Pro. I REALLY thought those machines would get new slimmer designs and lose some weight (but not as radical as the MacBook Air), while retaining the current electronics.
3) nothing about the Mac Mini and any new updates.
But Steve Jobs did say at the end of the presentation that they still have 50 weeks to go for new announcements, so maybe something will happen with the other products during the year.
Overall, I would say it was an interesting MacWorld, but aside from Time Capsule and the movie rental announcement, there wasn't anything here that will make me buy new hardware right now.
Since I was just thinking of upgrading my router from a Linksys to Airport Extreme, the announcement of Time Capsule was a welcome surprise. The pricing is pretty competitive when you consider what a 1 TB external firewire + Airport Extreme router would cost. (Although I do like the Drobo a lot, its pretty expensive once you add drives in it.) Time Capsule will be nice for Time Machine on both my iMac and MacBook.
Apple TV got off life support today. The iTunes movie rental announcement is HUGE, considering that ALL the major movie studios are onboard. It supports HD (720p is OK by me for now) and 5.1 surround sound, and doesn't require a computer for purchases or rentals. Too bad I don't have a widescreen HDTV, or I may actually buy one, but at least I can rent movies for my MacBook and/or iPod when I travel.
Since I don't own an iPhone or iPod Touch, the announcements here didn't do much for me. Tracking your location without a GPS is cool, and multiple messaging is fine, but to me, these are just evolutionary updates. Charging $20 for upgrading the iPod Touch is unfair, but might be related to accounting practices and reporting. I will be more excited about the iPhone and iPod Touch once the SDK comes out and third party apps are developed. (I want a SlingBox client.)
The MacBook Air is a really nice design. It shows what Apple is capable of pulling off. But, like a supermodel or Paris Hilton, they may nice to look at, but have limited usefulness beyond their outward appearance. You can't upgrade the hard drive, the processor is slower than what you can get on a MacBook Pro or even MacBook, and there are fewer ports to hook devices up to. The Air is the new fashion item for the rich and wannabe famous.
What I found interesting what WASN'T announced:
1) no 10.5.2 updates to fix Leopard bugs
2) no updates to MacBook or MacBook Pro. I REALLY thought those machines would get new slimmer designs and lose some weight (but not as radical as the MacBook Air), while retaining the current electronics.
3) nothing about the Mac Mini and any new updates.
But Steve Jobs did say at the end of the presentation that they still have 50 weeks to go for new announcements, so maybe something will happen with the other products during the year.
Overall, I would say it was an interesting MacWorld, but aside from Time Capsule and the movie rental announcement, there wasn't anything here that will make me buy new hardware right now.
Rodimus Prime
Oct 6, 05:47 PM
My original iPhone was not subsidized and I had to buy it at full price. I chose the device with no qualms about what network I was required to use.
While the iPhone is now subsidized, so are many other phones on many other networks. If only certain networks were doing this to add value to choosing their contracts, I could understand your point of choosing the network before the device. Maybe I'm missing something but I don't understand how this changes my argument that the service is just a commodity while the device is the consumer's primary choice.
I think the biggest problem is when Apple had the chance to change the game by not doing subizided cost they instead give in and just make it worse by forcing a much larger than average subsudize on there phone ($400 vs $250).
Unlock phones puts the network and the phone separete. But as long as it is lock in together it should be choose network first
i get what your sayin, but nah, they can still complain all they want... i dont think it says in the contract be expected to have 30% dropped calls.
people complain not only to relieve themselves, but to eventually get whats right. (complaining on macrumors isnt exactly the best way of going about it, ill give you that)
Well the people who choose the iPhone knowing service are spotty put the label on them as not smart.
Smart people look things over and choose what works best for them. For me I know service is the first thing I look at and that is how I got to ATT (Cingular at the time )for my phone and dump Verizon. Verizon service was crap where I was 6 months out of the year. Sprint and Cingular/ATT were king in that area. I used Sprint for a while and it was great. Switch to ATT because most of my friends and family were on it so M2M.
Either way I choose the service first then pick out the phones from there.
While the iPhone is now subsidized, so are many other phones on many other networks. If only certain networks were doing this to add value to choosing their contracts, I could understand your point of choosing the network before the device. Maybe I'm missing something but I don't understand how this changes my argument that the service is just a commodity while the device is the consumer's primary choice.
I think the biggest problem is when Apple had the chance to change the game by not doing subizided cost they instead give in and just make it worse by forcing a much larger than average subsudize on there phone ($400 vs $250).
Unlock phones puts the network and the phone separete. But as long as it is lock in together it should be choose network first
i get what your sayin, but nah, they can still complain all they want... i dont think it says in the contract be expected to have 30% dropped calls.
people complain not only to relieve themselves, but to eventually get whats right. (complaining on macrumors isnt exactly the best way of going about it, ill give you that)
Well the people who choose the iPhone knowing service are spotty put the label on them as not smart.
Smart people look things over and choose what works best for them. For me I know service is the first thing I look at and that is how I got to ATT (Cingular at the time )for my phone and dump Verizon. Verizon service was crap where I was 6 months out of the year. Sprint and Cingular/ATT were king in that area. I used Sprint for a while and it was great. Switch to ATT because most of my friends and family were on it so M2M.
Either way I choose the service first then pick out the phones from there.
*LTD*
Apr 21, 11:20 PM
The biggest problem with Windows is Microsoft doesn't design Windows for consumers. The biggest chunk of their cash-cow comes from the enterprise. And the Windows desktop platform reflects that.
That didn't change with Windows 7. What's sad is they have a lot of innovative consumer-focused product teams (Media Center, Zune, XBOX, Live, Bing, Auto Collage, Windows Home Server, etc) that don't work together and don't have enough clout to make their projects prominent. They should let those guys develop the next consumer version of Windows instead of just throwing their different projects into Windows sporadically or in most cases optionally.
Take the Windows Live components:
Windows Live Family Safety - Should be integrated into 7's Parental Controls
Windows Live Mail, Mesh (Backup), Messenger, Movie Maker, Photo Gallery - Should be included on the default "home" version of 7
Windows Live Writer - Should be included as an optional install
http://explore.live.com/
Then you have the optional Zune jukebox, which should be the default media player in 7 instead of Windows Media Player. Windows Media Player in 7 has a really neat "remote media" feature (think Back to My Mac meets your iTunes library), but no one knows about it or how to use it. And it's not present in the optional Zune jukebox software and isn't compatible with Windows Phones or Zune devices (obvious oversight there).
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Stream-your-media-over-the-Internet-using-Windows-Media-Player
http://www.zune.com
Then there's Media Center, which really should be updated to use the newer Metro UI and adopted to be the front-end media experience on both the XBOX 360 (and I'm not talking RDP-like Media Center Extender functionality), PC (for DVD/Blu-ray playback, etc) and possibly tablet UI.
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windows-media-center/get-started/default.aspx
There's Microsoft Research's Auto Collage, which should be included as a plug-in for Windows Live Gallery instead of a $20 separate program that no one knows about.
http://research.microsoft.com/en-us/um/cambridge/projects/autocollage/
The "Drive Extender" technology that Microsoft recently pulled from Windows Home Server should have been how future versions of Windows handle hard drives (no more drive letters).
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_Home_Server#Drive_Extender
Why Bing photos/themes aren't prominent in Windows 7 or the default wallpaper in 7 I'll never know.
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows/downloads/personalize/themes
Don't get me started on the lack of Security Essentials being pre-installed as part of the default "home" version of Windows.
http://www.microsoft.com/security_essentials/
The list is endless. It's like someone is asleep at the top. And the rest of Microsoft takes the attitude of "We make that? OK. Well, let's just throw it up on the Web site."
Yes indeed. We all know it's an unfocused mess. Preaching to the choir.
However, it's good to remind everyone of that now and then. I hate it when MS fans get their hopes up for nothing. Like with the Zune, etc. And pretty much everything else they've half-assed outside of videogames and boxes to play them on.
That didn't change with Windows 7. What's sad is they have a lot of innovative consumer-focused product teams (Media Center, Zune, XBOX, Live, Bing, Auto Collage, Windows Home Server, etc) that don't work together and don't have enough clout to make their projects prominent. They should let those guys develop the next consumer version of Windows instead of just throwing their different projects into Windows sporadically or in most cases optionally.
Take the Windows Live components:
Windows Live Family Safety - Should be integrated into 7's Parental Controls
Windows Live Mail, Mesh (Backup), Messenger, Movie Maker, Photo Gallery - Should be included on the default "home" version of 7
Windows Live Writer - Should be included as an optional install
http://explore.live.com/
Then you have the optional Zune jukebox, which should be the default media player in 7 instead of Windows Media Player. Windows Media Player in 7 has a really neat "remote media" feature (think Back to My Mac meets your iTunes library), but no one knows about it or how to use it. And it's not present in the optional Zune jukebox software and isn't compatible with Windows Phones or Zune devices (obvious oversight there).
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Stream-your-media-over-the-Internet-using-Windows-Media-Player
http://www.zune.com
Then there's Media Center, which really should be updated to use the newer Metro UI and adopted to be the front-end media experience on both the XBOX 360 (and I'm not talking RDP-like Media Center Extender functionality), PC (for DVD/Blu-ray playback, etc) and possibly tablet UI.
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windows-media-center/get-started/default.aspx
There's Microsoft Research's Auto Collage, which should be included as a plug-in for Windows Live Gallery instead of a $20 separate program that no one knows about.
http://research.microsoft.com/en-us/um/cambridge/projects/autocollage/
The "Drive Extender" technology that Microsoft recently pulled from Windows Home Server should have been how future versions of Windows handle hard drives (no more drive letters).
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_Home_Server#Drive_Extender
Why Bing photos/themes aren't prominent in Windows 7 or the default wallpaper in 7 I'll never know.
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows/downloads/personalize/themes
Don't get me started on the lack of Security Essentials being pre-installed as part of the default "home" version of Windows.
http://www.microsoft.com/security_essentials/
The list is endless. It's like someone is asleep at the top. And the rest of Microsoft takes the attitude of "We make that? OK. Well, let's just throw it up on the Web site."
Yes indeed. We all know it's an unfocused mess. Preaching to the choir.
However, it's good to remind everyone of that now and then. I hate it when MS fans get their hopes up for nothing. Like with the Zune, etc. And pretty much everything else they've half-assed outside of videogames and boxes to play them on.
R.Perez
Apr 27, 06:56 PM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8H7 Safari/6533.18.5)
Really? That doesn't matter? Well then why don't we have men compete in all the women's events at the Olympics? Oh wait, it does matter
I'm not defending the attackers. I think it was terrible. Horrifying video. It's hard to believe people are like this.
I do think this whole "biology doesn't matter, it's how you feel in your heart" nonsense is obviously nonsense.
He has every right to dress like a girl. I don't even mind if he uses a female bathoom. But those things don't make someone female. The characteristics that allow doctors to assign genders to new-borns do not change as people get older.
You are equating biological / genetic sex and gender as the same thing.
They aren't.
Really? That doesn't matter? Well then why don't we have men compete in all the women's events at the Olympics? Oh wait, it does matter
I'm not defending the attackers. I think it was terrible. Horrifying video. It's hard to believe people are like this.
I do think this whole "biology doesn't matter, it's how you feel in your heart" nonsense is obviously nonsense.
He has every right to dress like a girl. I don't even mind if he uses a female bathoom. But those things don't make someone female. The characteristics that allow doctors to assign genders to new-borns do not change as people get older.
You are equating biological / genetic sex and gender as the same thing.
They aren't.
ifjake
Oct 3, 09:37 AM
The way I imagine Apple liscensing/opening up the iPod/iTunes/iTMS system would be for Apple to completely control what the user sees, how the user gets content, even if it doesn't control what the user gets. Like how you can choose which country to set the Music Store to, adding maybe an Amazon.com store to the list, Real.com, etc. But as a "reward" for opening itself up to competition, Apple would recieve a slight liscence fee, an teensy bit of the price of whatever's sold. This way Apple could control the look of the iTMS no matter where it comes from by supplying a template, a "user interface guideline" sort of thing for this new multi-store, and all media from Apple or Amazon or wherever could all happily coexist in iTunes. If the other companies want to sell to players other than the iPod, they can use their own system or work out a similar situation with Microsoft and fair play and such.
I don't really like leaving this in the hands of DVD Jon. Maybe Apple will wait and see what kind of response he gets and then take it from there, but I think Apple and especially iTunes still need to be part of the picture.
Maybe Apple could simply provide an easy "Add to Library" handle in iTunes, even if the stuff comes from some browser based store, you buy it and it goes to iTunes and thus the iPod. The whole multi-store thing is to me the ideal that I'd be willing to let go of.
I don't really like leaving this in the hands of DVD Jon. Maybe Apple will wait and see what kind of response he gets and then take it from there, but I think Apple and especially iTunes still need to be part of the picture.
Maybe Apple could simply provide an easy "Add to Library" handle in iTunes, even if the stuff comes from some browser based store, you buy it and it goes to iTunes and thus the iPod. The whole multi-store thing is to me the ideal that I'd be willing to let go of.
scotthew1
Nov 23, 06:10 PM
will the sale discounts be added in with outher discounts, such as educator's discounts?
mac-er
Jan 12, 08:46 AM
Steve wasn't smug. He's a good salesman.
Plus, what you were seeing was his RDF...apparently you are impervious to it.
Plus, what you were seeing was his RDF...apparently you are impervious to it.
miles01110
Apr 24, 06:29 AM
Has there been any word from the higher-ups on why this feature was implemented now after years of asking and for seemingly no good reason?
arn
Apr 21, 01:40 PM
we've turned it off to make some tweaks.
It'll be back in a bit.
arn
It'll be back in a bit.
arn