bassfingers
May 4, 07:08 PM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8H7 Safari/6533.18.5)
My girlfriend is Chinese and she just doesn't understand our obsession with guns (understandably so). I don't either!
What are people so afraid of that they need guns to protect themselves from?
What are you so confident in? That 4-10 minutes IS fast enough to protect you, your daughters, or your property? How dependent should we be on the government?
National defense, not self defense
My girlfriend is Chinese and she just doesn't understand our obsession with guns (understandably so). I don't either!
What are people so afraid of that they need guns to protect themselves from?
What are you so confident in? That 4-10 minutes IS fast enough to protect you, your daughters, or your property? How dependent should we be on the government?
National defense, not self defense
Mechinyun
Mar 17, 01:08 AM
haters gonna...
acearchie
Aug 1, 08:43 AM
Ohhh :( everyone should be able to benefit from the beautiful iTunes music store... But i wish apple would hurry up in getting tv shows to the other stores!!!
I would buy buy buy its so simplistic! LOl
I would buy buy buy its so simplistic! LOl
ChrisTX
Apr 25, 07:06 PM
I seriously doubt Apple is going to change the screen size so slightly because it may require a lot of software re-writes (unless the apps are truly resolution independent).
Perhaps, the screen only appears bigger because the borders will relatively shrink in the next generation????
Notice the size the iPhone apps scale to on the iPad is significantly larger than the actual 3.5" of the iPhone and they scale just fine. I didn't read all of the comments, but I've never seen anyone ever point this out before.
Perhaps, the screen only appears bigger because the borders will relatively shrink in the next generation????
Notice the size the iPhone apps scale to on the iPad is significantly larger than the actual 3.5" of the iPhone and they scale just fine. I didn't read all of the comments, but I've never seen anyone ever point this out before.
tbrinkma
May 3, 07:28 PM
Contract terms require "consideration" from both parties to be legally binding. Consideration is something you provide to the other party (i.e., money from you, data services from your carrier).
What consideration are the carriers offering you for tethering? You're already paying $X for Y GB of data used on your phone.
Ok, here's the thing. The contract, presented to you when you signed up for the service *explicitly* disallows tethering unless you sign up for that extra service. You pay them money for the service you signed up for *as defined in the contract*. There's the consideration from both sides. If you want to *add* something to that, they're going to want *you* to provide more consideration in exchange for giving you more capabilities under the service agreement *contract*.
(Wow, there's a lot of arm-chair lawyers here who think the contract they signed doesn't apply to *them*.)
What consideration are the carriers offering you for tethering? You're already paying $X for Y GB of data used on your phone.
Ok, here's the thing. The contract, presented to you when you signed up for the service *explicitly* disallows tethering unless you sign up for that extra service. You pay them money for the service you signed up for *as defined in the contract*. There's the consideration from both sides. If you want to *add* something to that, they're going to want *you* to provide more consideration in exchange for giving you more capabilities under the service agreement *contract*.
(Wow, there's a lot of arm-chair lawyers here who think the contract they signed doesn't apply to *them*.)

Tommyg117
Oct 11, 08:33 AM
yeah, it'll come at the same time as the iphone.
gugy
Aug 8, 12:15 PM
I have an old 23" monitor and it's flawless.
I heard about people having issues, but I guess I am a lucky guy.
I heard about people having issues, but I guess I am a lucky guy.

GoKyu
Apr 29, 07:05 PM
When I read the subject, I got a little hopeful...when I saw the screenshot showing Spaces/Expos�, I really thought the "UI tweak" was that they'd let us use the old Spaces if we wanted to.
Guess not, it's still that b******ized Mission Control...
Guess not, it's still that b******ized Mission Control...
quagmire
May 4, 06:00 PM
Sorry, but whether I have guns in my house with my kids is not anyones business but my own.
Is asking if the gun is locked up and out of the kids reach really crossing the line?
I don't get why people would get so worked up over that. Is it weird for a pediatrician to ask if the gun is locked up? Sure, but I don't think it crosses any boundaries.
Is asking if the gun is locked up and out of the kids reach really crossing the line?
I don't get why people would get so worked up over that. Is it weird for a pediatrician to ask if the gun is locked up? Sure, but I don't think it crosses any boundaries.
balamw
Oct 3, 02:41 PM
I guess it depends how much of FairPlay they end up replicating. If they replicate the server too, then it'll probably be simple to tell iTunes to look at the third-party server (just capture the data going to Apple's IP address and send it off to DoubleTwist).
If they do that it probably wouldn't work with iTMS purchased tracks. This leads to the same kind of issue as Real faed, sure you can use the Real Store, but not at the same time as ITMS. ick.
(FWIW. They could probable accomplish a simple redirection just by adding an entry to the local hosts table, since Apple most likely addresses their servers by name not IP.)
We'll see if anything comes out of this, good or bad.
B
If they do that it probably wouldn't work with iTMS purchased tracks. This leads to the same kind of issue as Real faed, sure you can use the Real Store, but not at the same time as ITMS. ick.
(FWIW. They could probable accomplish a simple redirection just by adding an entry to the local hosts table, since Apple most likely addresses their servers by name not IP.)
We'll see if anything comes out of this, good or bad.
B
macenforcer
Sep 25, 01:00 PM
LAME! Apple you suck.
Dr Kevorkian94
Sep 28, 06:00 PM
he can control everything from his ipad and his iphone, he will be so happy with the house we cant have. but in all seriousness that is awesome but i wonder if it will be technological, and everything will run on ios. lol
vizkiz
Apr 15, 04:14 PM
I call yours fake. They forgot to put in the switch.
This (black plastic)http://assets.gearlive.com/blogimages/gallery/iphone-unboxing/13-iphone-mute-volume_medium.jpg
is different than this (hole)http://media.boygeniusreport.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/30951.jpg
First off, it's supposedly a picture of the next-gen phone, it's not going to have the same rocker as the current or previous model. My 3G doesn't have the same switch as the first-gen iPhone.
Second, it's supposedly photos of the CASE, not the whole phone.
And, as someone pointed out in the MacRumors thread with these pictures, there's no space for the camera flash, which the next-gen phone supposedly will have, as there are things pointing to it in the OS 4.0 Beta. They're most likely fakes. Not the best ones, but certainly not terrible either.
This (black plastic)http://assets.gearlive.com/blogimages/gallery/iphone-unboxing/13-iphone-mute-volume_medium.jpg
is different than this (hole)http://media.boygeniusreport.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/30951.jpg
First off, it's supposedly a picture of the next-gen phone, it's not going to have the same rocker as the current or previous model. My 3G doesn't have the same switch as the first-gen iPhone.
Second, it's supposedly photos of the CASE, not the whole phone.
And, as someone pointed out in the MacRumors thread with these pictures, there's no space for the camera flash, which the next-gen phone supposedly will have, as there are things pointing to it in the OS 4.0 Beta. They're most likely fakes. Not the best ones, but certainly not terrible either.
mmcc
Mar 29, 03:54 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't the Windows Live Marketplace in Windows Vista a integrated (badly integrated but still integrated), App Store before it was discontinued due to lack of consumers and made to redirect to a Microsoft website that sold some products?
I believe Microsoft did partner with Digital River to bring 3rd party products to such a store. However it was badly organized, poorly promoted and ultimately drew little business as you indicate since it offered customers little or no benefit over direct purchases from the developer. Developers lost interest. It morphed into the current MS/DR relationship where DR handles much of the on-line sales of MS products.
I sort of hope developers lose interest in the Mac App Store as well. ;) Unfortunately, consumers love the basement pricing.
I believe Microsoft did partner with Digital River to bring 3rd party products to such a store. However it was badly organized, poorly promoted and ultimately drew little business as you indicate since it offered customers little or no benefit over direct purchases from the developer. Developers lost interest. It morphed into the current MS/DR relationship where DR handles much of the on-line sales of MS products.
I sort of hope developers lose interest in the Mac App Store as well. ;) Unfortunately, consumers love the basement pricing.
*LTD*
Mar 28, 09:49 PM
1) Do you want to make things that are "insanely great".
or
2) Do you want to make the most amount of money?
One follows the other. The two aren't mutually exclusive. Apple's current products *are* insanely great. Just ask the people standing in line.
Game developers. World of Warcraft. Adobe. Microsoft. All of these developers not only do not distribute on the App Store but can not due to the App Store's TOS. I like the App Store but the control/terms keep a lot of great programs (like World of Warcraft, which one the Apple Design Award multiple times I think) out.
It'll be their loss, especially since competitors like MS will follow suit and introduce a similar distribution model. Eventually everyone will be in the game, for the the simple reason that they'd like to duplicate Apple's success.
or
2) Do you want to make the most amount of money?
One follows the other. The two aren't mutually exclusive. Apple's current products *are* insanely great. Just ask the people standing in line.
Game developers. World of Warcraft. Adobe. Microsoft. All of these developers not only do not distribute on the App Store but can not due to the App Store's TOS. I like the App Store but the control/terms keep a lot of great programs (like World of Warcraft, which one the Apple Design Award multiple times I think) out.
It'll be their loss, especially since competitors like MS will follow suit and introduce a similar distribution model. Eventually everyone will be in the game, for the the simple reason that they'd like to duplicate Apple's success.

jagolden
Sep 12, 07:22 AM
gahh!
brushed aluminium nano = good
no storage bump = bad
Yeah, I'd like a Nano with a form facto like the Mini except thinner with all metal enclosure. The Minis are tough, the Nanos feel cheap and don't take the same beating as a Mini. Considering the Mini is HD based and the Nano is flash based I think that says something. I (personally) don't care about a video iPod, I'd much prefer a Nano with video cappability as the video would only be a time filler for me waiting for appointments, etc.
As to "It's Showtime!" I'm afraid the general Apple/Mac population may be dissapointed. I have no inside information, simply a feeling based on what has or hasn't been said in the many forums.
In terms of devices for the masses, Apples been in a lull. They need to keep pulling rabitts out of the hat to impress people and drive sales.
The iPods and iTunes are tops but eventually they've got to address the biggest iPod issue and that's battery life. It's poor even for the flashed based units.
I listen to my iPod mostly at night. Granted the sound quality is not equal, but I cab get at least 4, 8-hour nights out of one AA battery in a RIO S10, 256K (or something), but only 2 nights out of a 1 gig shuffle or 4 gig Mini.
Other manufactures, especially Sony seem to be able to get incredible battery life. I understand there are differences in bitrate and coding involved, but it doesn't seem to account for the large discrepency in battery life.
brushed aluminium nano = good
no storage bump = bad
Yeah, I'd like a Nano with a form facto like the Mini except thinner with all metal enclosure. The Minis are tough, the Nanos feel cheap and don't take the same beating as a Mini. Considering the Mini is HD based and the Nano is flash based I think that says something. I (personally) don't care about a video iPod, I'd much prefer a Nano with video cappability as the video would only be a time filler for me waiting for appointments, etc.
As to "It's Showtime!" I'm afraid the general Apple/Mac population may be dissapointed. I have no inside information, simply a feeling based on what has or hasn't been said in the many forums.
In terms of devices for the masses, Apples been in a lull. They need to keep pulling rabitts out of the hat to impress people and drive sales.
The iPods and iTunes are tops but eventually they've got to address the biggest iPod issue and that's battery life. It's poor even for the flashed based units.
I listen to my iPod mostly at night. Granted the sound quality is not equal, but I cab get at least 4, 8-hour nights out of one AA battery in a RIO S10, 256K (or something), but only 2 nights out of a 1 gig shuffle or 4 gig Mini.
Other manufactures, especially Sony seem to be able to get incredible battery life. I understand there are differences in bitrate and coding involved, but it doesn't seem to account for the large discrepency in battery life.
zeemeerman2
May 3, 03:44 PM
But anyways, I don't think anyone would choose an OS just for one reason alone. Some might, of course.
Lots of people have been choosing the iphone over Android for years when iOS lacked tethering, for example.
But of course, I chose my OS (and smartphone) for only 1 reason.
I wanted to tether the EDGE/HSDPA signal to my MacBook, and only iOS and Android did that. My carrier allows me to jailbreak, root, tether, whatever you like, for no additional costs.
Since then I just wanted the cheapest phone with that functionality from a well-known brand so I didn't end with junk, I came up with the HTC Wildfire (250 euros).
The iPhone was just too expensive at 700+ euros unlocked.
My Wildfire + Mobile Vikings (https://mobilevikings.com/en/) (Belgium preferred) = Epic combo! And I'm not bound to a contract, as with many other providers.
That, and my iPod Touch 2G for multimedia, since it's more powerful than the Wildfire hands down. (And I can still tether the internet to my iPod if I wanted to...)
Lots of people have been choosing the iphone over Android for years when iOS lacked tethering, for example.
But of course, I chose my OS (and smartphone) for only 1 reason.
I wanted to tether the EDGE/HSDPA signal to my MacBook, and only iOS and Android did that. My carrier allows me to jailbreak, root, tether, whatever you like, for no additional costs.
Since then I just wanted the cheapest phone with that functionality from a well-known brand so I didn't end with junk, I came up with the HTC Wildfire (250 euros).
The iPhone was just too expensive at 700+ euros unlocked.
My Wildfire + Mobile Vikings (https://mobilevikings.com/en/) (Belgium preferred) = Epic combo! And I'm not bound to a contract, as with many other providers.
That, and my iPod Touch 2G for multimedia, since it's more powerful than the Wildfire hands down. (And I can still tether the internet to my iPod if I wanted to...)
MacinDoc
Nov 24, 12:17 AM
Well, the Apple Canada store is back up, but I haven't found any discounts on iMacs or iBooks yet.
satcomer
Apr 12, 03:59 PM
A cool poster:
http://astrogear.org/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/UniverseKills-gray1.png
link: Astrogear poster (http://astrogear.org/posters/poster-the-universe-is-trying-to-kill-you/)
http://astrogear.org/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/UniverseKills-gray1.png
link: Astrogear poster (http://astrogear.org/posters/poster-the-universe-is-trying-to-kill-you/)
Qwest905
Apr 6, 01:34 PM
for the wife
http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5069/5593508856_f7ddb60cb8_b.jpg
preordered for myself the playbook =)
http://www.phonereleaseinfo.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/blackberry-playbook.jpg
http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5069/5593508856_f7ddb60cb8_b.jpg
preordered for myself the playbook =)
http://www.phonereleaseinfo.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/blackberry-playbook.jpg
spencers
Apr 10, 02:40 PM
http://img.runningwarehouse.com/big/SFT5M1-2.jpg
Nice, Fastwitch? Thought about trying those at some point.
Samsung PN50C8000 x3.
Continuing to build my ultimate theater room - just need to paint the in wall speakers that were installed.
Sweet!
Nice, Fastwitch? Thought about trying those at some point.
Samsung PN50C8000 x3.
Continuing to build my ultimate theater room - just need to paint the in wall speakers that were installed.
Sweet!
avkills
Sep 12, 06:58 AM
Apple would be stupid to make a branded portable projector. That market is already saturated by Epson, Eiki, InFocus, NEC, Sony, Panasonic, need I go on...
I think the wireless video streaming device makes more sense. Make the wireless part interchangeable for future upgrades. 720p H.264 could easily stream over 10mbit connections. Better include a HDMI connector, component video out, s-video out and optical/analog audio. If not, it is dead in the water.
-mark
I think the wireless video streaming device makes more sense. Make the wireless part interchangeable for future upgrades. 720p H.264 could easily stream over 10mbit connections. Better include a HDMI connector, component video out, s-video out and optical/analog audio. If not, it is dead in the water.
-mark
phineas
Oct 7, 09:04 AM
Surprised this hasn't been noted here yet...
USAToday interviewed (http://www.usatoday.com/tech/wireless/2009-10-06-verizon-google-android_N.htm)the Verizon Wireless CEO about their new Android partnership, and got an extra comment:
Real, or just pushing ATT's buttons so they have to pay Apple more? Who knows.
Hopefully its real, and Apple does bring the iPhone over too Verizon.
USAToday interviewed (http://www.usatoday.com/tech/wireless/2009-10-06-verizon-google-android_N.htm)the Verizon Wireless CEO about their new Android partnership, and got an extra comment:
Real, or just pushing ATT's buttons so they have to pay Apple more? Who knows.
Hopefully its real, and Apple does bring the iPhone over too Verizon.
iHateWindows
Nov 16, 02:04 PM
maybe some misunderstood what they read and assumed it was going to be in laptops. Maybe the real deal with AMD is for the use of the Alchemy processor for maybe the next ipod?
I could DEFINITELY see them doing this. It could also be for an iPhone or iTablet.
I could DEFINITELY see them doing this. It could also be for an iPhone or iTablet.