
iris_failsafe
Nov 16, 12:37 PM
Besides I don't think there is anything AMD can offer Apple right now. The Core archiecture has proven to be faster than the Athlon Opteron one...
![+Iniquity+ [Red Star] Tattoo red star tattoo. +Iniquity+ [Red Star] Tattoo](https://d3qcduphvv2yxi.cloudfront.net/assets/2690566/view_large/Red%2520Star.jpg%3F1292652934)
ThaDoggg
Apr 10, 06:28 PM
Working on my new setup. Just ordered a Dell Ultrasharp 24" and a set of Swan M10's.
Similar tastes...I have the 23" and M10's as well. But where did you find black Swans?...unless it's painted after the fact
Similar tastes...I have the 23" and M10's as well. But where did you find black Swans?...unless it's painted after the fact
fhiphonedev
Apr 5, 10:49 PM
Really love the functionality. Way to go!

MorphingDragon
Apr 30, 12:24 AM
Hey knock it off with all the off topic Windows drivel. Winrumors forums would be a better place to dispute these matters.
Slight UI tweaks aren't a big topic pool to draw from.
Slight UI tweaks aren't a big topic pool to draw from.
airforce1
May 2, 12:14 PM
Certainly, if Apple wanted to record my personal position it would make MUCH MUCH MUCH more sense for their servers to simply record the query my phone makes to obtain the portion of the crowd-sourced database that my phone wants to cache. That query could easily include a more exact GPS position (i.e.: give me the part of the cache near this location).
I wonder if Google records my Wifi/GPS location on Google Maps or what locations I searched when using Google Maps. Hopefully, my identity is anonymized before the query is sent to Google for what part of the Maps database to pull down and cache. But again, it would be really easy for anybody to do this on the server side.
Apple used this tacky process you described becuase they obviously wanted to CONCEAL it from users, they certainly would not want the FEDS, Washinton and other agencies to know that they where doing it to them, whether or not they picked certain individuals is a matter Congress will settle, im sure if a mafia or cartel had this type of access they would also monitor wall street and join in on the scams.
And yeah Google does record but they at least give you the option to turn it off which makesd them liable if they intrude, Apple uses suckers and propaganda on forums and BS to cover up their sweatshop companies and 3rd party developers who probably helped them spy on competitors.
I wonder if Google records my Wifi/GPS location on Google Maps or what locations I searched when using Google Maps. Hopefully, my identity is anonymized before the query is sent to Google for what part of the Maps database to pull down and cache. But again, it would be really easy for anybody to do this on the server side.
Apple used this tacky process you described becuase they obviously wanted to CONCEAL it from users, they certainly would not want the FEDS, Washinton and other agencies to know that they where doing it to them, whether or not they picked certain individuals is a matter Congress will settle, im sure if a mafia or cartel had this type of access they would also monitor wall street and join in on the scams.
And yeah Google does record but they at least give you the option to turn it off which makesd them liable if they intrude, Apple uses suckers and propaganda on forums and BS to cover up their sweatshop companies and 3rd party developers who probably helped them spy on competitors.
Maccus Aurelius
Nov 16, 12:44 PM
this is totally bull. Apple is in no position to stab Intel in their back at this time. Plus, Intel is being very reliable delivering on schedule the chips Apple needs. Maybe in few years if their relationship deteriorate I might consider seeing Apple moving into AMD. But it is not happening anytime soon.
I don't see any deterioration of Intel/Apple relations anytime soon, since the xeon and C2D chips are way better than anything on AMD's lineup. Plus, I doubt apple will bother making an obscure laptop model just to have AMD in its stable. It probably wont be pro status, and the fact that there are 3 different macbooks in the consumer level line makes the addition of another simply superfluous nonsense.
I don't see any deterioration of Intel/Apple relations anytime soon, since the xeon and C2D chips are way better than anything on AMD's lineup. Plus, I doubt apple will bother making an obscure laptop model just to have AMD in its stable. It probably wont be pro status, and the fact that there are 3 different macbooks in the consumer level line makes the addition of another simply superfluous nonsense.
adrian.oconnor
Mar 24, 04:28 PM
Just by chance (I didn't realize it was OS X's birthday today), last night I wrote a blog post: '10 reasons OS X is better than Windows' (http://www.adrianoconnor.net/2011/03/10-reasons-why-mac-os-x-is-better-than-windows/). The timing seems spookily appropriate.
OneMike
Mar 18, 02:06 PM
I have a Seido Spring-Clip, which shows off my phone more than some other cases. I don't know, I just can't picture some stranger coming up to me talking about how my phone sucks. Never had that happen.
I did get inquiries about my phone from strangers, but always positive.
I joke around with friends about it, but that's different.
End of the day though, no phone is perfect. Buy what makes you happy. Everyone has different needs.
I did get inquiries about my phone from strangers, but always positive.
I joke around with friends about it, but that's different.
End of the day though, no phone is perfect. Buy what makes you happy. Everyone has different needs.
robanga
Apr 5, 09:35 PM
If i DL this an repeatedly click the ads it might increase the value of Apple stock :) in a small way...
greggl1
Oct 14, 01:53 PM
Apples Releases its 3Q numbers after the market close this Wednesday. There have been many times where Jobs has used blow out earnings announcements to launch new products in tandem. I wouldnt be surprised if they launched the video/wireless during their earnings call on Wed.

The Scotsman
Jan 12, 06:16 PM
Just to join in on this thread, Yes I agree that Steve was smug very smug to be precise but he was just very proud of the product he has worked on for a long time and believes that it is the best thing that is going to be on the market. I think he has a right to be smug.
I just hope his smugness is warranted when the iPhone is released (or whetever it will be called by then) I think the iPhone although brilliant in looks, functionality and UI has several short comings and hope that these will be ironed out quickly in time for the 2nd gen iPhone.
I just hope his smugness is warranted when the iPhone is released (or whetever it will be called by then) I think the iPhone although brilliant in looks, functionality and UI has several short comings and hope that these will be ironed out quickly in time for the 2nd gen iPhone.
Dagless
Apr 5, 03:31 PM
Hahaha.
Nope.
Nope.
xrockislife3016
Sep 30, 03:00 PM
Bloggers often struggle to gain acceptance as a valid and legitimate source of news, and with this stunt (see link) Gizmodo have helped to undermine those who have worked so hard to gain credibility within an elitist industry.
I'm not without a sense of humour, but when Giz started screwing with a live presentation they crossed a line. This type of behaviour shouldn't be condoned in my opinion and a strong signal should be sent out to those responsible. Who's to say that they wouldn't interfere with an Apple event? What do you make of their actions?
http://gizmodo.com/343348/confessions-the-meanest-thing-gizmodo-did-at-ces
When i found that gizmodo did this i lmao. But dude i guess its a little childish. But hey not like a remote is gonna do much with a laptop
I'm not without a sense of humour, but when Giz started screwing with a live presentation they crossed a line. This type of behaviour shouldn't be condoned in my opinion and a strong signal should be sent out to those responsible. Who's to say that they wouldn't interfere with an Apple event? What do you make of their actions?
http://gizmodo.com/343348/confessions-the-meanest-thing-gizmodo-did-at-ces
When i found that gizmodo did this i lmao. But dude i guess its a little childish. But hey not like a remote is gonna do much with a laptop
MagicBoy
Mar 24, 08:08 PM
Windows has been downhill since DOS.
Pardon? Want to try that again?
Pardon? Want to try that again?
darh
Sep 12, 08:03 AM
Film content from Fox and Dreamworks?!
Look at the german Quicktime page, bottom left, under "iTunes Videos": Transporter 2 from Fox and Red Eye from Dreamworks!!
http://www.apple.com/de/quicktime/mac.html
yeah! Also in the Netherlands FWIW
Look at the german Quicktime page, bottom left, under "iTunes Videos": Transporter 2 from Fox and Red Eye from Dreamworks!!
http://www.apple.com/de/quicktime/mac.html
yeah! Also in the Netherlands FWIW
fluidedge
Jan 9, 08:29 AM
after the mac pro updates yesterday, i'm not after anything more. However, i would like to now see software improvements - Aperture2 must be due (though probably not at a consumer show) and i like think Apple might be looking to open up a new line of software - Maybe something to rival Adobe CS3? OS X doesn't even have a paint application for gods sake. Wouldn't Apple versions of photoshop/illustrator/after effects (bring back shake please!) be something cool to have a look at? Maybe thats more for WWDC?
tigress666
Apr 25, 12:14 PM
I actually really dislike the borderless look. I hope they don't do this. A larger screen is one thing I really don't need. If I want a big screen, I'll get an iPad.
Actually, I do think having some border is good, but I don't think it looks bad. In fact, the more I look at it especially compared with the iphone 4, the more I think it looks *better* (in comparison the 4's sides and top and bottom look too thick). Of course it probably doesn't help that's a white iphone (I don't like the white iphone in general).
I think in black I'd probably be neutral between the two (black doesn't look as bad with that thickness I think).
And if they don't change the resolution, I still don't see much point. You're not really getting more screen real estate. I suppose it will be a little easier on the eyes to have bigger text/icons. But would that really make that much of a difference on that front either?
Actually, I do think having some border is good, but I don't think it looks bad. In fact, the more I look at it especially compared with the iphone 4, the more I think it looks *better* (in comparison the 4's sides and top and bottom look too thick). Of course it probably doesn't help that's a white iphone (I don't like the white iphone in general).
I think in black I'd probably be neutral between the two (black doesn't look as bad with that thickness I think).
And if they don't change the resolution, I still don't see much point. You're not really getting more screen real estate. I suppose it will be a little easier on the eyes to have bigger text/icons. But would that really make that much of a difference on that front either?
JAT
Apr 5, 04:26 PM
"celebrate advertising"???
Should we be passing out poison, then?
Should we be passing out poison, then?
rtdunham
Sep 12, 08:27 AM
if there are new product announcements as everyone believes to be the case, the store will have to be updated as well as the iTunes store.
does anyone remember how long the apple store's down prior to new products being listed?
does anyone remember how long the apple store's down prior to new products being listed?
lostngone
Oct 29, 04:21 AM
You CAN'T abuse a BSD license. Have you read the BSD license? It sais basically "Do what you want with this software but don't sue the University of California" You can't seal BSD because it is free for everyone.
So you can run BSD UNIX on a generic PC or a wrist watch if you want. or you can even do whet Next did: Down load it and put it on your own hardware and sell it. Then Apple bought Next and we have OSX. Next got it for free and so can you or I. Apple can put the code on the web or take it off the web. The license only says to leave the U of C alone.
Are we talking about the FreeBSD license or the NetBSD license. The NetBSD license isn't free and that is what OSX is based off of and apple paid to use the license.
So you can run BSD UNIX on a generic PC or a wrist watch if you want. or you can even do whet Next did: Down load it and put it on your own hardware and sell it. Then Apple bought Next and we have OSX. Next got it for free and so can you or I. Apple can put the code on the web or take it off the web. The license only says to leave the U of C alone.
Are we talking about the FreeBSD license or the NetBSD license. The NetBSD license isn't free and that is what OSX is based off of and apple paid to use the license.
BornAgainMac
Oct 19, 10:37 AM
It is nice for Apple to get above that 5% in something besides iPods. I wonder if Microsoft will ever have more than 5% in mp3 player sales?
Jaymes
Jan 15, 01:43 PM
And we have to pay MORE for the iPhone update?!
Maybe I missed something, but I thought it was a free update for the iPhone but a $20 update for the iPod Touch?
Maybe I missed something, but I thought it was a free update for the iPhone but a $20 update for the iPod Touch?
buffalo
Jan 5, 03:47 PM
I'm getting too excited for Macword. So excited that I'll probably feel let-down at the afterwards.
Marx55
Oct 19, 12:26 PM
Check out this to boost Mac OS X market share:
http://news.zdnet.co.uk/business/0,39020645,39284186,00.htm
If Apple does it, Windows (read M$) will be out of business in three years!
http://news.zdnet.co.uk/business/0,39020645,39284186,00.htm
If Apple does it, Windows (read M$) will be out of business in three years!