c1phr
Apr 17, 10:12 PM
The only issue would be if you need to access the book side-by-side with your work. This isn't a problem for me because I have 2 large screens. If you only have one smallish screen, then this may be an issue. Unless you have an iPad and can view the book on the iPad while you work. ;)
This was one thing I thought of, but the bulk of my work is done with my MBP tethered to an external monitor, so I have the space for it. I eventually plan on getting an iPad (though by the time I have the money, it will likely be an iPad 3) so I figure that would be awesome to be able to keep all my programming books together at all times.
I'm open to as many opinions as possible, and I appreciate the comments!
This was one thing I thought of, but the bulk of my work is done with my MBP tethered to an external monitor, so I have the space for it. I eventually plan on getting an iPad (though by the time I have the money, it will likely be an iPad 3) so I figure that would be awesome to be able to keep all my programming books together at all times.
I'm open to as many opinions as possible, and I appreciate the comments!
Ping Guo
May 5, 09:06 AM
One is a desktop, the other is an ultraportable.
If you need a portable computer, get the Air. If not, the iMac is a far better value. It's pretty simple.:o
If you need a portable computer, get the Air. If not, the iMac is a far better value. It's pretty simple.:o
iGary
Mar 30, 10:30 AM
I'm really speaking of your negative tone, sir. It's not a positive addition to a lot of threads on this fine board. That's all. ;)
romad7
Apr 26, 04:44 PM
I use it for scanning documents.
more...
canadianluddite
Apr 25, 10:37 AM
With your help
I got it to work --
Much thanks!
I got it to work --
Much thanks!
asif786
Aug 18, 05:48 AM
hey,
so, we're going to be running some macTV ads over the next few weeks, and i thought instead of just linking to our iTunes listing or our plain website, some mini-promos would be cool.
i've come up with a prototype here: http://www.watchmactv.com/specials/coldplay/
what do you guys think? we aren't going to do this for every video..just some hand picked ones that we think people will like.
mm, anyway, i just wanted some opinons on the creative side. i think it gets the job done nicely (the page) but it is a little tall..there's not too much i can do about that..is the subscribe button clear enough?
like i said, i'd appreciate any opinions you may have.. :)
thanks,
asif
so, we're going to be running some macTV ads over the next few weeks, and i thought instead of just linking to our iTunes listing or our plain website, some mini-promos would be cool.
i've come up with a prototype here: http://www.watchmactv.com/specials/coldplay/
what do you guys think? we aren't going to do this for every video..just some hand picked ones that we think people will like.
mm, anyway, i just wanted some opinons on the creative side. i think it gets the job done nicely (the page) but it is a little tall..there's not too much i can do about that..is the subscribe button clear enough?
like i said, i'd appreciate any opinions you may have.. :)
thanks,
asif
more...
b0blndsy
Dec 29, 10:03 AM
I love my iPad beyond belief, but buying another one (at least before the second gen comes out) is an epic waste of money.
I agree, I'll only buy the second if the first one gets stolen or damaged otherwise I am happy with it not matter what new features gets added in the later versions.
I agree, I'll only buy the second if the first one gets stolen or damaged otherwise I am happy with it not matter what new features gets added in the later versions.
Sky Blue
Apr 1, 09:20 PM
I'd post a screen shot of this but when I try I just get a full black screen like this:
Read the seed notes.
Read the seed notes.
more...
Brianstorm91
Jan 14, 11:59 AM
I'll try but I'll be on MacRumours by half 5, and then I'll watch the video on Wednesday probably.
madroc
Jan 9, 06:30 PM
Can anybody give me a rss feed/email/link or any other means to watch the MWSF keynote 08 spoiler-free. Something that gets me straight to quicktime stream.
Thanx
Thanx
more...
twisted-pixel
Apr 25, 08:05 AM
Ok, so it isn't really possible to build a complete website from scratch but I do want something that would allow me to make small changes. Basically I'm looking for something that will let me FTP to my site, download a page, edit it and then upload the changed page.
Is there anything out there that people can recommend?
Thanks
Is there anything out there that people can recommend?
Thanks
wolrabn
May 1, 10:46 AM
Surely someone had experienced this or a similar issue? Booked in at the genius bar on Friday but hoping someone could shed a light on it before then..
more...
Phobophobia
Apr 8, 06:59 PM
I really hope the shortage doesn't last much longer, this may just end up being the longest one in history for game consoles :/
ap3604
May 5, 02:11 PM
It's up to you...
more...
TheMasin9
Dec 22, 02:49 PM
A neat addition to the website, but i think its a little bit late, granted the mini only came out less than a year ago, but that stuff has been out there for a while.
sharkync
Oct 18, 03:30 PM
Might want to try G.E.M.M. The biggest selection "on the Planet." Haven't purchased cds from them but have purchased numerous vinyl and the grading condition is spot on.
more...
kjellhar
Dec 9, 02:45 PM
If it is a software problem (which I also suspect), it should be possible to make it disappear by installing linux and tweeking the video settings. It may also be a firmware issue, and it won't be fixed until Apple address the problem.
So, has anyone tried the new PB with Linux??
Personally I don't see it as a problem. I have to get as close as 15cm from the screen to actually see the effect. I know that would give me a headache, lines or not :)
So, has anyone tried the new PB with Linux??
Personally I don't see it as a problem. I have to get as close as 15cm from the screen to actually see the effect. I know that would give me a headache, lines or not :)
edesignuk
Dec 29, 03:33 PM
http://www.spymac.com/donations/
*Spymac will be taking a Standard percentage (3%) to cover the costs of documentation and handling.
I'm speechless. I know it's a small percentage, but I cannot believe that they are charging people to make donations via them, when there are so many other options where ALL the money will get to the people who need it.
*Spymac will be taking a Standard percentage (3%) to cover the costs of documentation and handling.
I'm speechless. I know it's a small percentage, but I cannot believe that they are charging people to make donations via them, when there are so many other options where ALL the money will get to the people who need it.
Blue Velvet
Dec 17, 05:14 AM
I'd probably do it with a combo of Acrobat Pro because it has some OCR capabilities and some Automator chops, combined with Photoshop batch processing. It would take me a while to consult on particularly with Automator, work out and test.
Think this query goes beyond the scope of the Design and Graphics forum, to be honest as it involves some OS X chops, or even Windows since you haven't even specified what OS your buddy is using.
Think this query goes beyond the scope of the Design and Graphics forum, to be honest as it involves some OS X chops, or even Windows since you haven't even specified what OS your buddy is using.
Josh396
Dec 24, 02:03 AM
The look is much better.
rdowns
Aug 25, 04:44 AM
Nice!
Damn, brings back memories. I was a reseller back in the day and had a lot of those things and got rid of them. I had on of these and gave it away. Facepalm.
http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/redlightrunner_2117_79884727
Damn, brings back memories. I was a reseller back in the day and had a lot of those things and got rid of them. I had on of these and gave it away. Facepalm.
http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/redlightrunner_2117_79884727
rozwell
Nov 22, 03:16 PM
i have to ask... what is with the drop shadow? huge, obvious drop shadows are NOT good unless you are animating 3d objects or doing motion graphics... the big drop shadow is running rampant around the web attacking sites left and right... i say we start here and rise against the drop shadow.
beyond that, like other users said, your tech side is fine. as for visuals, others have pointed out the color issues.
as a general rule, to see what other designers are doing, check out design portals such as news today, design is kinky or k10k. there are tons out there and they show the best of the best digital artists.
beyond that, like other users said, your tech side is fine. as for visuals, others have pointed out the color issues.
as a general rule, to see what other designers are doing, check out design portals such as news today, design is kinky or k10k. there are tons out there and they show the best of the best digital artists.
Moof1904
Feb 23, 07:58 PM
I guess I'm even more lame in Terminal than I thought. The volume name is "New Volume" and I'm having trouble changing to the correct directory. Terminal keeps telling me No such file or directory.
SuAndMac
Mar 4, 09:56 PM
Yeah - I must have done something stupid - I really can't think how I did it though. I am usually really careful and have been doing this job for over 15 years - but maybe the long hours are taking their toll.
Thanks for the help - me having a panic attack doesn't get the job finished. I guess I'll just have to try to work out what went wrong and make sure it doesn't happen again.
On that note - can you guys recommend a good backup system (seperate from my hard drive)? It needs to be BIG - my current job folder is 16gb - lots of photoshop files etc. And I need to be able to back up/replace after each major change or at the end of the day.
Thanks for the help - me having a panic attack doesn't get the job finished. I guess I'll just have to try to work out what went wrong and make sure it doesn't happen again.
On that note - can you guys recommend a good backup system (seperate from my hard drive)? It needs to be BIG - my current job folder is 16gb - lots of photoshop files etc. And I need to be able to back up/replace after each major change or at the end of the day.