
vniow
Sep 12, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by sparkleytone
actually i believe it was macrumors that had the news of the latest g4 out first...BUT...the people who continue to give these forums a newfound bad name drove him off and flamed the hell out of him. wtg mr members.......
I think we had the PDF first, but they had the picture before we did. :)
actually i believe it was macrumors that had the news of the latest g4 out first...BUT...the people who continue to give these forums a newfound bad name drove him off and flamed the hell out of him. wtg mr members.......
I think we had the PDF first, but they had the picture before we did. :)
Looon
Apr 19, 04:01 PM
You will be severely disappointed at how bad games run on a macbook
mistamidget
Feb 5, 01:25 AM
Interesting thing just happened today.
I installed ntfs-3g so I could write to my ntfs partitions and found that when I next tried to set the startup disk to mircosotf the partition was gone. :eek:
So I plugged in my eMac keyboard to use the option key start method and both disks were there but the bootcamp disk just hung. I have just now removed ntfs-3g and the partition is now back in the startup list so hopefully it's all back to normal.
Has anyone else seen this? bit of a bummer IMO
I installed ntfs-3g so I could write to my ntfs partitions and found that when I next tried to set the startup disk to mircosotf the partition was gone. :eek:
So I plugged in my eMac keyboard to use the option key start method and both disks were there but the bootcamp disk just hung. I have just now removed ntfs-3g and the partition is now back in the startup list so hopefully it's all back to normal.
Has anyone else seen this? bit of a bummer IMO

BakedBeans
Aug 14, 09:48 AM
its been stuck down here for months lol
more...
pmasters
Feb 4, 01:21 PM
Awesome. Thanks a lot. I really appreciate the informed and quick reply.
simsaladimbamba
May 2, 03:52 PM
www.keepvid.com or ClickToFlash (though Flash may be needed) does allow downloading YT videos.
more...
paulrbeers
May 5, 03:32 PM
If you just bought a new iMac will apple give you the new lion free or with a discount?
I know in 2009 I bought a MBP about a month or two prior to Snow Leopard, Apple gave everyone who bought a Mac within a certain time frame, an upgrade disk for only $10 (67% off). I was one of the lucky ones.
I know in 2009 I bought a MBP about a month or two prior to Snow Leopard, Apple gave everyone who bought a Mac within a certain time frame, an upgrade disk for only $10 (67% off). I was one of the lucky ones.
InsanelyApple
Apr 30, 10:01 AM
i found this thread while looking for the solution to a similar situation. I too am looking for a phone with a QWERTY keyboard that does not require a data plan, but I also need a calendar that can sync with my mac computer. I don't care what calendar it is (google/ical/other) and and am willing to buy/download third party software, but am not sure about Bit Pim since fourm users' reviews seem mixed at best. I would like to stay with Verizon (cdma) if possible, but haven't found a phone on their network to fit my needs, so now I am open to any carrier. Any advice appreciated.
Well, I don't know about the calendar syncing, but the best Verizon feature phone is the LG enV3.
Well, I don't know about the calendar syncing, but the best Verizon feature phone is the LG enV3.
more...
barkomatic
Apr 6, 09:53 AM
Are "some people" your parents? It's relatively easy to fake a broken computer without actually harming it if you think about it -- but your request sounds sketchy to me.
The new i5 13 inch MBP performs better at some games and worse at others when comparing them to the previous generation. It's a compromise Apple had to make with this generation in order to get the Sandy Bridge processors. If gaming is important to you and money is tight I'd go for a PC with discrete graphics.
The new i5 13 inch MBP performs better at some games and worse at others when comparing them to the previous generation. It's a compromise Apple had to make with this generation in order to get the Sandy Bridge processors. If gaming is important to you and money is tight I'd go for a PC with discrete graphics.
Gus
Jul 14, 02:09 AM
i would think that the main problem in modding the inaards of the PB to fit an AE card would be space. The AE card is shorter and wider than the original style airport card. That and the interfaces are different. I may be wrong, but I think that the AE card is more like a PCI card, and the original card is more like a a PCMCIA card. SOmeone may correct me if they wish.
Regards,
Gus
Regards,
Gus
more...
theSeb
May 5, 01:19 AM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8H7 Safari/6533.18.5)
TB docks are planned for this summer.
TB docks are planned for this summer.
mmfy
Oct 24, 08:29 PM
How ironic...a month after I LEFT Tulsa they open an Apple store *slaps forehead*
more...
MikePA
Feb 20, 06:48 PM
But geohot is using sony code to exploit their hardware which is a violation of copyright according to the DMCA. Quite another beast to deal with
Please do not introduce facts into the discussion when the Chicken Littles are trying to fuel emotions so fools and their money are soon parted.
Please do not introduce facts into the discussion when the Chicken Littles are trying to fuel emotions so fools and their money are soon parted.
flamejob
Oct 27, 06:12 PM
I was gonna say you'd be a pretty sad bastard to go for a shirt only, but I'm sure if your buying something else and explain your situation, they'll oblige you.
Common... you could say that about any launch event. Why que when you could just go the next day... the fun is in being around like minded people.
Common... you could say that about any launch event. Why que when you could just go the next day... the fun is in being around like minded people.
more...
pcinfoman
Apr 28, 11:32 AM
I have an iPad 1st generation running OS 4.3.2 (Jailbroken). It is running perfectly, except that I have a bunch of blank icons on my home screen (see the attached images). I can delete them, but every time I install a new app from the apple store, they come back.
Ideas?
Ideas?
skoker
Dec 8, 08:39 PM
yes! the 30 pin memory from the SE/30 will work!! do you have any idea what size it is??
I will check out shipping probally tomorrow, as i have work to do tonight :)
No clue :( I think 4 MB?
I will check out shipping probally tomorrow, as i have work to do tonight :)
No clue :( I think 4 MB?
more...
sushi
Oct 19, 12:08 AM
I bought a 16GB iPod touch at the Ginza Apple Store on Tuesday. I already had an 8GB model (bought the day launched in Japan from BicCamera) and this has found it's way to my partner, so not a waste of money - we were both getting one eventually. There were quite a few in stock, and when I asked they said that most of the 16GB are finding their way to the Apple Stores, and other venders (like BicCamera) are only getting the 8GB in larger quantities.
Anyway, will see if I can 'appropriate' a couple of extra t-shirts for my fellow Tokyo based MacRumor colleagues who can't attend! Probably not possible, but I did get some extra stuff when Tiger came out…
Thanks for the update on the iPod Touch.
A T-Shirt would be cool! :)
Anyway, will see if I can 'appropriate' a couple of extra t-shirts for my fellow Tokyo based MacRumor colleagues who can't attend! Probably not possible, but I did get some extra stuff when Tiger came out…
Thanks for the update on the iPod Touch.
A T-Shirt would be cool! :)
MacBoyX
Feb 21, 12:48 PM
I am having a bit of a problem with my Mail.
I have about 10 accounts set up and recently two of them have started constantly telling me that the server has refused the password and to enter it again. Sometimes I have to enter it 10 times, sometimes i even need to quit mail to clear it. It only happens when I leave mail open for a long time.
The tricky thing is... All 10 accounts are on the same mail server. So it's not a server issue. To further prove this, it doesn't happen on my G5 just on my PowerBook. I've tried to drop the accounts and readd them, deleted the entries out of Keychain...
iI dont want to trash the prefs file unless I have to cause I'll have to set up ALL my accounts again!
Any ideas?
Thanks
macboyX
I have about 10 accounts set up and recently two of them have started constantly telling me that the server has refused the password and to enter it again. Sometimes I have to enter it 10 times, sometimes i even need to quit mail to clear it. It only happens when I leave mail open for a long time.
The tricky thing is... All 10 accounts are on the same mail server. So it's not a server issue. To further prove this, it doesn't happen on my G5 just on my PowerBook. I've tried to drop the accounts and readd them, deleted the entries out of Keychain...
iI dont want to trash the prefs file unless I have to cause I'll have to set up ALL my accounts again!
Any ideas?
Thanks
macboyX

Raid
Jan 7, 11:15 AM
Hi sebisworld, as jsw said above I strongly suggest that you back up your user directory before playing with FileVault anymore than you have to. I lost my entire User directory due to an error in the 'optimization' process that corrupted the FileVault image, making the entire directory unreadable.
It's strange that the FileVault image takes up so much room, but you can try to move the large files onto a disk image (outside your user directory) that will store the files you want protected, then keep trying to turn FileVault off and see what happens.
Good Luck
(BTW I don't like FileVault either... it's a good concept, but not good for regular users who don't back up on a daliy basis.)
It's strange that the FileVault image takes up so much room, but you can try to move the large files onto a disk image (outside your user directory) that will store the files you want protected, then keep trying to turn FileVault off and see what happens.
Good Luck
(BTW I don't like FileVault either... it's a good concept, but not good for regular users who don't back up on a daliy basis.)
VanneDC
Mar 19, 05:02 PM
The ram also has to be put in matched pairs going outward from the centre of the ram slots.
macgeek18
Dec 29, 04:59 PM
These as well...
Crystal-RX
Apr 29, 01:55 AM
I bought mine from Sunsky and it has been used for about 4 weeks. No issue at all.
Rodimus Prime
Apr 18, 12:43 PM
Why...?
16 MP in a phone for what?
well I would say 16MP would be great for when I need to take a snap shot of someone homework or something posted somewhere. Easier to zoom in and read the text. But for taking good phoses I will take an SLR or a dedicated camera.
My 4MP digital camera from 7 years ago takes better photos than any camera phone I have seen no matter the Megapixels. But then again that camera does have better optics than any phone could ever have on it.
16 MP in a phone for what?
well I would say 16MP would be great for when I need to take a snap shot of someone homework or something posted somewhere. Easier to zoom in and read the text. But for taking good phoses I will take an SLR or a dedicated camera.
My 4MP digital camera from 7 years ago takes better photos than any camera phone I have seen no matter the Megapixels. But then again that camera does have better optics than any phone could ever have on it.
CharlC
May 6, 02:12 AM
The other thread was about using Airplay to do it. I am talking about using a bluetooth dongle or antenna. Hence the new thread. But thank you for your input.