GCNirvana007
04-04 05:44 PM
I need expert advice -
My I-140 has been approved and I-485 pending for more than 18 months. I have a valid EAD & AP. I also have a valid H1-B visa valid till 2011,
that I am using for my current employment with my current employer
1. If I get laid-off, how long can I stay in US without another job?
Active EAD should keep your status ok
2. I understand that in order to maintain my eligibility to "port" to a new employer / sponsor under AC21, I should have another job in same or similar occupation. Till I find another job, am I allowed to do some part-time job in different occupation?
3. If new employer gives me the option to move permanently to its subsidiary in another country, what are the available option for me to continue with green card processing?
4. If after going out of the country , I want to come back in future before Green card approval, what will be the available options? AP can be used to travel and return
My I-140 has been approved and I-485 pending for more than 18 months. I have a valid EAD & AP. I also have a valid H1-B visa valid till 2011,
that I am using for my current employment with my current employer
1. If I get laid-off, how long can I stay in US without another job?
Active EAD should keep your status ok
2. I understand that in order to maintain my eligibility to "port" to a new employer / sponsor under AC21, I should have another job in same or similar occupation. Till I find another job, am I allowed to do some part-time job in different occupation?
3. If new employer gives me the option to move permanently to its subsidiary in another country, what are the available option for me to continue with green card processing?
4. If after going out of the country , I want to come back in future before Green card approval, what will be the available options? AP can be used to travel and return
wallpaper Welcome to the Rileys Movie
Hello_Hello
01-04 06:52 PM
This is how they could have replied. They should have started a 10 Rs. Education cess on every McDonald burger sold and every Pepsi/Coke bottle sold and every pizza sold by pizza hut & Dominos. This is barely anything, as it is only what we see on the surface, other big corporation like Walmart and several defense contractors are also operating freely and feeling home. Indian govt. should start taxing them..
America teaches Swadeshi when it comes to America & Videshi when in Videsh, it is hypocrisy..
America teaches Swadeshi when it comes to America & Videshi when in Videsh, it is hypocrisy..
vactorboy29
05-14 04:59 PM
Vactor,
Thanks, So what was your job requirement? Was that Bachelors?
Can you tell me that which education evaluator you use for that? I might can refer my lawyer to him.
I had my diploma in Mechanical engineering (3 - Years) and B.E. in mechanical engineering. My job requirements were Bachelor's Degree plus five years experience. I don�t remember evaluations agency name now but I will get that for you tomorrow.
Thanks, So what was your job requirement? Was that Bachelors?
Can you tell me that which education evaluator you use for that? I might can refer my lawyer to him.
I had my diploma in Mechanical engineering (3 - Years) and B.E. in mechanical engineering. My job requirements were Bachelor's Degree plus five years experience. I don�t remember evaluations agency name now but I will get that for you tomorrow.
2011 Welcome To The Rileys Hit the
sukhyani
12-20 11:13 AM
Stephen Colbert on comedy central has turned out to be one of the most influential persons in the media. Along with Jon Stewart, Stephen is supposed to be one of the influencers of young minds for the last congressional elections.
I am not sure if he has really taken any stance on legal immigration. I am confident that it is favorable.
A question is whether IV has really approached Stephen. Lately, I saw Jack Welch on the show. Apparently, every congressmen who appeared on Colbert's show has won the last election.
Here is a thread on comedy central I started on this.
http://www.comedycentral.com/shows/the_colbert_report/message_board.jhtml?c=v&t=3456
I am damn sure that a lot of law makers (or their staff) enjoy Stephen's antics.
Stephen Colbert CERTAINLY is one of the most influential people in American Media. Especially after he made fun of Bush in front of him at White House Correspondents Dinner.
Man if we (all members of IV) can kick start a debate on legal immigration and direct the debate in a manner that Sen Sessions can be brought to spotlight for his inconsistencies, it would be a major achievement for us. Colbert has been extremely vital in shaping public opinion for democrats this November!
Excellent Find!
I am not sure if he has really taken any stance on legal immigration. I am confident that it is favorable.
A question is whether IV has really approached Stephen. Lately, I saw Jack Welch on the show. Apparently, every congressmen who appeared on Colbert's show has won the last election.
Here is a thread on comedy central I started on this.
http://www.comedycentral.com/shows/the_colbert_report/message_board.jhtml?c=v&t=3456
I am damn sure that a lot of law makers (or their staff) enjoy Stephen's antics.
Stephen Colbert CERTAINLY is one of the most influential people in American Media. Especially after he made fun of Bush in front of him at White House Correspondents Dinner.
Man if we (all members of IV) can kick start a debate on legal immigration and direct the debate in a manner that Sen Sessions can be brought to spotlight for his inconsistencies, it would be a major achievement for us. Colbert has been extremely vital in shaping public opinion for democrats this November!
Excellent Find!
more...
willwin
04-15 11:10 AM
Which country did you charge your GC to?
Enjoy the freedom...:)
9 long years! Where else will it be :-)
India -obvious.
Enjoy the freedom...:)
9 long years! Where else will it be :-)
India -obvious.
nixstor
02-09 06:09 PM
http://hammondlawgroup.blogspot.com/2007/02/advocacy-alert-retrogression-were.html
check it out!
check it out!
more...
aat0995
01-15 12:03 PM
Wow! That should save me a bunch. I smell immigrationvoice is getting another donation soon :).
Now what aranya said would be wrong right? I just want to confirm as quite a few employers follow this practice. As mine is a govt. agency if it is a law I assume they will follow it. But just wanted to confirm..
Thanks!!
Now what aranya said would be wrong right? I just want to confirm as quite a few employers follow this practice. As mine is a govt. agency if it is a law I assume they will follow it. But just wanted to confirm..
Thanks!!
2010 Welcome To The Rileys: Kristen
meridiani.planum
07-09 01:08 AM
New company lawer is not accepting EAD, even though we don't have written approval confiramtion
How to conivince him to use EAD unti we got the phisical card?
Until you have the approval letter in the mail from USCIS or the physical card, they should be able to accept the EAD, as far as they are concerned its still a valid work document (all that has changed is an online status right).
Otherwise just wait a couple of weeks, you will hopefully have the GC in hand.
How to conivince him to use EAD unti we got the phisical card?
Until you have the approval letter in the mail from USCIS or the physical card, they should be able to accept the EAD, as far as they are concerned its still a valid work document (all that has changed is an online status right).
Otherwise just wait a couple of weeks, you will hopefully have the GC in hand.
more...
amitjoey
08-17 03:06 PM
Hello everyone,
Today 17th August, 2007 my I-485 packet was about to reach at Texas Service Center and unfortunately when I track my packet it shows �Notice Left� on USPS site, they mention they will try to deliver on Next business day. When I called at USPS , one lady picked up phone and she told it was PO Box no so we cant deliver. It is available to them to pick up but the man from USCIS might pick it up on early monday morning. Now I am worried does that mean my mailing date is Aug 17th or Aug 20th.
SO now USCIS will accept my application or not ?? Please advise ? Any body has same situation ?
Notice Left, August 17, 2007, 11:38 am, MESQUITE, TX 75185
Arrival at Unit, August 17, 2007, 11:01 am, MESQUITE, TX 75149
Acceptance, August 16, 2007, 10:09 pm, ATLANTA, GA 30320
According to Murthy: http://www.mURTHY.COM
The package should reach today. Not on monday even if the post mark is 16th.
Today 17th August, 2007 my I-485 packet was about to reach at Texas Service Center and unfortunately when I track my packet it shows �Notice Left� on USPS site, they mention they will try to deliver on Next business day. When I called at USPS , one lady picked up phone and she told it was PO Box no so we cant deliver. It is available to them to pick up but the man from USCIS might pick it up on early monday morning. Now I am worried does that mean my mailing date is Aug 17th or Aug 20th.
SO now USCIS will accept my application or not ?? Please advise ? Any body has same situation ?
Notice Left, August 17, 2007, 11:38 am, MESQUITE, TX 75185
Arrival at Unit, August 17, 2007, 11:01 am, MESQUITE, TX 75149
Acceptance, August 16, 2007, 10:09 pm, ATLANTA, GA 30320
According to Murthy: http://www.mURTHY.COM
The package should reach today. Not on monday even if the post mark is 16th.
hair Kristen Stewart Welcome to the
AllVNeedGcPc
10-20 12:10 PM
...just three soft LUDs in 18 months
- NSC Filer
- NSC Filer
more...
modvik
07-17 03:12 PM
Congratulations to you! Must be a big burden off your chest.
I have a question: how would I know whether my process is past the name check or not. I got FP done last december (2005). No updates on the USCIS website for me since then and the 800 number gives a canned message and you cannot get to talk to a real person there.
Am I hysteric or what?
Any ways here is the flash.
My case has been approved and got the so called Magic e-mails stating that the cards have been order
for me and the spouse.
Here is the "series of unfortunate events" :
1.
EB3/TSC
PD: Sometime in 1998
Stuck at labor for three years. Finally cleared in 2000 a month after I was let go.
2. Joined different company in 2001. Encore!!!. Filed GC again in 2001. This time I chose EB2
thought I would save some time.
3. Thanks to the political gimmics, stuck at labor again for three years finally cleared in 2004
4. Elated with the good news, applied i-140 & I-485 in 2004.
5. I-140 cleared without any hitches got EAD too. Expected i-485 to clear with in reasonable
amount of time.
6. Wait!!!, there it goes... the dreaded namecheck stopped it for another two years.
Following is the chronological order:
EB2/TSC
PD : October 17, 2001
LCl : January 7, 2004
RD I140/485 : May 28, 2004
EAD : July 26, 2004
FP Notice Date : February 1, 2005
FP Done : March 22, 2005
I140l : February 11, 2005
Namecheck initiated: June 2004
Namecheck cleared: June 2006.
I-485 cleared and cards ordered: July 2006.
Here is what I did to get out of namecheck:
1. e-mail to FBI on monthly basis
2. Snail mail to FBI, OMBUDSMAN on monthly basis
3. FAX to FBI on monthly basis
3. Involved congressman. Congressman's office contacted USCIS, but did not want to get involved with
FBI directly
4. Involved Senators. Senator's office contacted USCIS, but did not want to get involved with
FBI directly. One senator never even responded
5 got FOPIA.
6. Made the attorney to contact USCIS officially
7. Started the group "namechektracker" on yahoo groups http://groups.yahoo.com/group/namechecktracker/ (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/namechecktracker/)
and almost filed WOM. Only thing left is to send the papers.
8. Tried some contacts with USCIS despite the "NO" from the attorney and the employer.
Just tried some personal mails to USCIS director FBI et all.
Not sure what really worked. Some one from DOJ took time to call me and informed that my
name check got cleared.
moral: Keep your eyes/ears open. DO NOT JUST BELIEVE the words of your attorney.
try the above steps and hope for the best.
Thanks to the forum members!!! I learnt lot from your experience.
I will still be around on this forum and will try to help as much as I can
I have a question: how would I know whether my process is past the name check or not. I got FP done last december (2005). No updates on the USCIS website for me since then and the 800 number gives a canned message and you cannot get to talk to a real person there.
Am I hysteric or what?
Any ways here is the flash.
My case has been approved and got the so called Magic e-mails stating that the cards have been order
for me and the spouse.
Here is the "series of unfortunate events" :
1.
EB3/TSC
PD: Sometime in 1998
Stuck at labor for three years. Finally cleared in 2000 a month after I was let go.
2. Joined different company in 2001. Encore!!!. Filed GC again in 2001. This time I chose EB2
thought I would save some time.
3. Thanks to the political gimmics, stuck at labor again for three years finally cleared in 2004
4. Elated with the good news, applied i-140 & I-485 in 2004.
5. I-140 cleared without any hitches got EAD too. Expected i-485 to clear with in reasonable
amount of time.
6. Wait!!!, there it goes... the dreaded namecheck stopped it for another two years.
Following is the chronological order:
EB2/TSC
PD : October 17, 2001
LCl : January 7, 2004
RD I140/485 : May 28, 2004
EAD : July 26, 2004
FP Notice Date : February 1, 2005
FP Done : March 22, 2005
I140l : February 11, 2005
Namecheck initiated: June 2004
Namecheck cleared: June 2006.
I-485 cleared and cards ordered: July 2006.
Here is what I did to get out of namecheck:
1. e-mail to FBI on monthly basis
2. Snail mail to FBI, OMBUDSMAN on monthly basis
3. FAX to FBI on monthly basis
3. Involved congressman. Congressman's office contacted USCIS, but did not want to get involved with
FBI directly
4. Involved Senators. Senator's office contacted USCIS, but did not want to get involved with
FBI directly. One senator never even responded
5 got FOPIA.
6. Made the attorney to contact USCIS officially
7. Started the group "namechektracker" on yahoo groups http://groups.yahoo.com/group/namechecktracker/ (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/namechecktracker/)
and almost filed WOM. Only thing left is to send the papers.
8. Tried some contacts with USCIS despite the "NO" from the attorney and the employer.
Just tried some personal mails to USCIS director FBI et all.
Not sure what really worked. Some one from DOJ took time to call me and informed that my
name check got cleared.
moral: Keep your eyes/ears open. DO NOT JUST BELIEVE the words of your attorney.
try the above steps and hope for the best.
Thanks to the forum members!!! I learnt lot from your experience.
I will still be around on this forum and will try to help as much as I can
hot Kristen Stewart in a scene
purgan
12-08 03:47 PM
Mike Huckabee is fast emerging as the leading Republican Presidential Candidate, and has a commanding lead in Iowa.
While all other leading Repub contenders: McCain, Guiliani, Romney and Thompson, have expressed support for strengthening and increasing high skilled immigration, not much was known about Huckabee as he was in State Government previously.
http://www.mikehuckabee.com/?FuseAction=Newsroom.PressRelease&ID=412
Modernize the Process of Legal Immigration:
Increase visas for highly-skilled and highly-educated applicants.
Improve our immigration process so that those patiently and responsibly seeking to come here legally will not have to wait decades to share in the American dream.
Mark Krikorian's entry on Huckabee's plan. Naturally he's not happy with Any increase on immigration even if there are cuts in other areas...but who cares....every one of the likely Repub Presidential Candidates support increasing High Skill Immigration.
http://corner.nationalreview.com/post/?q=YzI5MjhhNmQwZjhjMTNlOTgyNGQxN2NkNjQ3ZmIzNzM=
The leading Democrats - Clinton, Obama and Edwards- also support increasing High Skill Immigration. I hope the Congressional leaders take note of what their future Chief Executives are saying...and ACTUALLY DO SOMETHING!!!
While all other leading Repub contenders: McCain, Guiliani, Romney and Thompson, have expressed support for strengthening and increasing high skilled immigration, not much was known about Huckabee as he was in State Government previously.
http://www.mikehuckabee.com/?FuseAction=Newsroom.PressRelease&ID=412
Modernize the Process of Legal Immigration:
Increase visas for highly-skilled and highly-educated applicants.
Improve our immigration process so that those patiently and responsibly seeking to come here legally will not have to wait decades to share in the American dream.
Mark Krikorian's entry on Huckabee's plan. Naturally he's not happy with Any increase on immigration even if there are cuts in other areas...but who cares....every one of the likely Repub Presidential Candidates support increasing High Skill Immigration.
http://corner.nationalreview.com/post/?q=YzI5MjhhNmQwZjhjMTNlOTgyNGQxN2NkNjQ3ZmIzNzM=
The leading Democrats - Clinton, Obama and Edwards- also support increasing High Skill Immigration. I hope the Congressional leaders take note of what their future Chief Executives are saying...and ACTUALLY DO SOMETHING!!!
more...
house “Welcome to the Rileys,” the
chanduv23
01-06 09:52 AM
Just say "All izz well" and watch out for the bulletin :)
tattoo kristen-stewart-welcome-the-
chetanjumani
03-14 02:35 PM
And with a new USCIS leader, it might get his attention, when he/she is trying to learn about what all needs to be taken care of.
more...
pictures To see more pictures of
raydon
09-16 11:18 PM
It might be difficult to switch to F1 from H1, especially after getting into the greencard process. Since the F1 visa is a non-immigrant type, you might need to demonstrate that you have no intention to immigrate.
Alternatively you could do the part time MBA on H1, if your employer is supportive of that. Full time MBA on an H1 could be dicey. You need to find out if it is doable with EAD status.
Alternatively you could do the part time MBA on H1, if your employer is supportive of that. Full time MBA on an H1 could be dicey. You need to find out if it is doable with EAD status.
dresses kristen stewart welcome to rileys. Kristen Stewart Welcome To The
indian2012
02-24 05:34 AM
I am currently on H1B thru a hospital as a physician and I did extra shifts for the same hospital and my extra icnome was given on 1099.
Is it illegal even if it is the same job but extra work?
Does it matter if the emoloyer already filed I140 on my behalf?
I know atleast 2 individuals who did it and got greencards without a problem.
Is it illegal even if it is the same job but extra work?
Does it matter if the emoloyer already filed I140 on my behalf?
I know atleast 2 individuals who did it and got greencards without a problem.
more...
makeup Photos. Kristen Stewart in
madan
01-10 08:11 AM
Thank you so much...
What is the H4 Process for new wife? will she be given the H4 Visa with no issues in us consulates in India???
What is the H4 Process for new wife? will she be given the H4 Visa with no issues in us consulates in India???
girlfriend Posted to: kristen stewart,
rajnag21
07-17 05:24 PM
Hi,
This is for a good friend of mine. He is going to get married in dec 2007. He has already applied for 140 premium processing. There is a opportunity to apply for 485 by end of this month and he has asked me for advice on this matter. His labor has PD March 2005(got cleared).
My request to all IV members is to give me some advice that I can pass on to him.
Please help !
This is for a good friend of mine. He is going to get married in dec 2007. He has already applied for 140 premium processing. There is a opportunity to apply for 485 by end of this month and he has asked me for advice on this matter. His labor has PD March 2005(got cleared).
My request to all IV members is to give me some advice that I can pass on to him.
Please help !
hairstyles Program: Welcome to the Rileys
Jubba
10-20 05:47 PM
Where do I put these brush files? They are in the folder, but Photoshop isn't reading them...
Jaime
01-30 04:17 PM
Hey guys, can anyone help? I’ve been disconnected from the site for a while due to personal reasons. Does anyone know approximately the following?
1- Approximate PERM processing times (from filing time) for EB2
2- Approximate I-485 and I-140 processing times from filing date for EB2
3- Approximate length of the entire process (from filing PERM to getting I-485 approved) for EB2
4- Are I-140 and I-485 still being filed concurrently?
I know there are trackers, but I find them all confusing!
Sorry for the many questions. This would help me a lot! Thanks in advice for any input guys!
(or send me a private message if easier, thanks!)
1- Approximate PERM processing times (from filing time) for EB2
2- Approximate I-485 and I-140 processing times from filing date for EB2
3- Approximate length of the entire process (from filing PERM to getting I-485 approved) for EB2
4- Are I-140 and I-485 still being filed concurrently?
I know there are trackers, but I find them all confusing!
Sorry for the many questions. This would help me a lot! Thanks in advice for any input guys!
(or send me a private message if easier, thanks!)
onemorecame
06-28 12:21 PM
The immigration bill before the U.S. Senate just died, likely preventing any more action on the volatile issue until after the 2008 presidential elections.
Supporters of President Bush's plan to legalize millions of illegal immigrants and create a new guestworker program fell 14 votes short of the 60 needed in a test vote this morning. That vote would have limited debate on the bill and cleared the way for passage later this week, but senators voted 53-46 against that plan, killing the bill.
The vote was a huge setback for President Bush, who from the beginning of his presidency has sought to change the nation's immigration laws while beefing up border security.
Republican conservatives, including Texas' U.S. Sens. John Cornyn and Kay Bailey Hutchison, opposed the plan, calling it amnesty for people who broke the law by entering the country without proper documents
Good News
Supporters of President Bush's plan to legalize millions of illegal immigrants and create a new guestworker program fell 14 votes short of the 60 needed in a test vote this morning. That vote would have limited debate on the bill and cleared the way for passage later this week, but senators voted 53-46 against that plan, killing the bill.
The vote was a huge setback for President Bush, who from the beginning of his presidency has sought to change the nation's immigration laws while beefing up border security.
Republican conservatives, including Texas' U.S. Sens. John Cornyn and Kay Bailey Hutchison, opposed the plan, calling it amnesty for people who broke the law by entering the country without proper documents
Good News