lbro
Aug 4, 10:21 PM
Wow those pictures are beautiful!
JeDiBoYTJ
Sep 16, 12:35 PM
I cant speak for the porsche, but the LaCie d2 is a great drive. I have a 250GB one w/ FW800 and its great. i've had it for 9-10 months now, and it hasnt frozen or crashed on me or anything. It emits a very light hum, and i rarely hear the drive. the only time it makes a lot of noise is when im capturing video, or scrubbing really quickly in FCP.
PlaceofDis
Dec 19, 08:14 AM
tis a little ceepy, but inventive nonetheless.
AdiFish
Aug 3, 10:08 AM
Canon PowerShot SX1 IS
Yes!!!!!! \o/ ... I've been hoping against hope for this since RAW ability was given in a firmware upgrade. Fantastic Camera! :)
Yes!!!!!! \o/ ... I've been hoping against hope for this since RAW ability was given in a firmware upgrade. Fantastic Camera! :)
more...
dfusion-
May 7, 02:40 AM
My Uptime - 12 hours :p
Do you pay your electricity bill?
Also that is one sure way to fry your Mac. Power surge can happen at any time.. Do you really trust those $100 surge boards for 24/7 use or do you have UPS.
Also think of how much dust gets in there...
Not smart to leave your computer on 24/7.
lol dont worry about the electricity bill, the project pays it selfs :)
but is it really bad for your iMac to leave it 24/7 ? :eek: discuss ?:D
Do you pay your electricity bill?
Also that is one sure way to fry your Mac. Power surge can happen at any time.. Do you really trust those $100 surge boards for 24/7 use or do you have UPS.
Also think of how much dust gets in there...
Not smart to leave your computer on 24/7.
lol dont worry about the electricity bill, the project pays it selfs :)
but is it really bad for your iMac to leave it 24/7 ? :eek: discuss ?:D
Zen0Jin
May 6, 07:54 AM
WD Caviar Black here on standard 3.4GHz model from Apple store.
Seagate 7200.12 on Top end 3.4ghz retail model.
Seagate 7200.12 on Top end 3.4ghz retail model.
more...
Island Dog
Sep 19, 08:59 PM
Thanks for your help.
If I can't get the upgrade I'm just going to buy an external HD and make it a network drive.
If I can't get the upgrade I'm just going to buy an external HD and make it a network drive.
Dmac77
Dec 29, 06:02 PM
Well I just broke down and bought the Kinect bundle and spent $100 more than I wanted to, but oh well. I'll give it a shot and if I hate it as much as I think I will I'll just sell it or something.
I still hate bundles.
-Don
I still hate bundles.
-Don
more...
Raska
Oct 24, 04:15 PM
Oh yeah, I'll be the guy with the "I :apple: Code" shirt on :D
appleisler
May 5, 07:47 PM
Not at this point. The time frame will probably be from when they announce the release date at WWDC in early June until the actual release if they don't announce a date at that time, it will be whenever they announce a date. Once they have told people when it is coming out, they don't want to hurt sales, so they offer the new OS.
Anyone buying from this past Tuesday until that announcement is not eligible for anything less than what anyone else would pay.
I ordered my new iMac yesterday but it will not even ship until 20 June with estimated delivery date of 25 June - if Lion is announced before they've even shipped it, what do you think then?
Anyone buying from this past Tuesday until that announcement is not eligible for anything less than what anyone else would pay.
I ordered my new iMac yesterday but it will not even ship until 20 June with estimated delivery date of 25 June - if Lion is announced before they've even shipped it, what do you think then?
more...
Favenris
Sep 7, 02:55 AM
I like the desktop threads in the picture gallery because it's interesting to see how other people have Mac configured, and now I'm curious about their iTunes libraries.
I'm a huge iTunes freak. Every single note in my metadata needs to be organized and filled out. My album artwork has been individually inserted, along with any additional "radio single" artwork for the additional songs. And consider that I have 6,703 songs, you pretty much have an idea of what I do on my time off. :)
Composers for me was pretty much a useless label because almost each song had an individual array, so I simplified it to the following list: Albums, Compilations, Music Videos, and Other. Other is anything that isn't an official album, like a CD single or something. It looks very pretty checking out the "albums" section and only seeing official releases instead of bootlegs, live albums, EP's, etc.
Genres is something else I have simplified, and I hope I get to see somebody's input on this because I really hope to change it. My list is as follows: Books & Spoken, Electronic, Experimental, Hip Hop/Rap, Pop, Rock. That's it. Has anybody else found themselves in a conflict where you don't know where an artist goes? Alternative can be such a confusing label because you don't know whether to put it under Alternative, Folk, Punk, or Rock. So I just simplified it and placed artists under those general genres. However, I don't like it, and I'm going to make a more diverse set of genres.
Also, do you use Groupings? How do you personally organize them?
So... share your stuff! I'm interested in seeing what people have their library configured like.
I'm a huge iTunes freak. Every single note in my metadata needs to be organized and filled out. My album artwork has been individually inserted, along with any additional "radio single" artwork for the additional songs. And consider that I have 6,703 songs, you pretty much have an idea of what I do on my time off. :)
Composers for me was pretty much a useless label because almost each song had an individual array, so I simplified it to the following list: Albums, Compilations, Music Videos, and Other. Other is anything that isn't an official album, like a CD single or something. It looks very pretty checking out the "albums" section and only seeing official releases instead of bootlegs, live albums, EP's, etc.
Genres is something else I have simplified, and I hope I get to see somebody's input on this because I really hope to change it. My list is as follows: Books & Spoken, Electronic, Experimental, Hip Hop/Rap, Pop, Rock. That's it. Has anybody else found themselves in a conflict where you don't know where an artist goes? Alternative can be such a confusing label because you don't know whether to put it under Alternative, Folk, Punk, or Rock. So I just simplified it and placed artists under those general genres. However, I don't like it, and I'm going to make a more diverse set of genres.
Also, do you use Groupings? How do you personally organize them?
So... share your stuff! I'm interested in seeing what people have their library configured like.
AppledUp
Apr 24, 09:19 PM
Check out the mStand (http://www.raindesigninc.com/mstand.html). It's really beautiful and matches the Alum Macbook.
very nice stand im definitely considering it, thanks for the suggestion
very nice stand im definitely considering it, thanks for the suggestion
more...
adcx64
Apr 28, 05:09 PM
Did you zap the NVRam or PRAM.
lucascantor
Oct 18, 10:16 PM
I live right near the Ardmore store, so I'll be going there for the release, but I already ordered my copy online just to make sure I get it.
more...
eastercat
Mar 21, 07:28 PM
I d/l the blobs to my computer with tiny umbrella, instead of editing the host file. Either way works.
ETA: you can try using finder to find the hosts file.
got em
ETA: you can try using finder to find the hosts file.
got em
Nereus
Dec 16, 06:06 PM
Yeah, a restart may help. :)
Restarted but I get the same result, I'll check out the cable.
Restarted but I get the same result, I'll check out the cable.
more...
SSpiro
Apr 10, 06:44 PM
That's where I've always seen them as well..
jsw
Jan 7, 10:12 AM
To be specific:

Charisma Carpenter Bio Photos
Pseudonym
Jan 21, 08:20 AM
I get a bit jumpy about sites that offer loads - I mean how do they fund all this? I also find the graphics a bit annoying after while, but the gallery I like!
Herdfan
Apr 11, 08:11 PM
Do this. Check out OWC or Newegg.
Ok, so lets say I go with 3rd party memory. If I have an unrelated problem with the MBP, would I need to put the original memory back in before taking it in for service?
I'm new to the whole Mac thing. Thanks.
Ok, so lets say I go with 3rd party memory. If I have an unrelated problem with the MBP, would I need to put the original memory back in before taking it in for service?
I'm new to the whole Mac thing. Thanks.
JusChexin
May 3, 05:06 PM
I'm just really learning about this type of technology, so I'm curious: what makes a SSD different when erased compared to a traditional disk-spinning HD? I had always heard that, with a traditional HD, even if you erased/reformatted the drive and threw it away that some savvy tech types could somehow either restore your drive or get file fragments to get information, etc? Maybe that's just paranoid urban myth, but that's what I had always heard. What, technologically speaking, makes a SSD different in terms of not retaining old data when erased? Just curious.
iCeQuBe
Oct 23, 08:47 PM
I am definatly going so if anyone wants to meet up, I think there is a cafe (of sorts downstairs from the Apple Store with seating just outside it. We could all meet up there if anyone wants to. The seating is right in front of the photo place.
GGJstudios
Apr 21, 12:37 PM
One of the many things I don't like about this new feature is that when I'm scrolling down a thread, the scrolling stops wherever there's an imbedded video. To avoid this, I have to make sure the pointer is on the side of the thread, not in the middle, where the video would appear.
Littleodie914
Jan 11, 09:24 AM
Hi,
I'm trying to install 10.3 on an old Tangerine G3 333 iMac. I've upgraded the RAM and the OS9 that was already instlalled was running fine. I then swapped out the HD booted off of the 10.3 install CD, erased HD and partitioned it to 7GB/33GB.
So far so good. I start the install and everything seems to be going just fine, but it never ask for the 2nd install CD. It goes through disk optimization and everything while still on the 1st CD. Then it reboots itself, but fails to find the OS on the HD and ends up wanting to install again.
I've done this 4 or 5 times now and can't figure out what is happening. Anyone have any ideas?
Thanks.Hmm... After it's done with the first CD, and it's rebooting, the CD is still in there, right? I believe that the mac continues to boot off the first CD until the second is needed. The HD isn't booted from until the installation has finished. Once it's done with the first CD, and restarts, try holding down the "C" key to ensure it doesn't try and boot from the HD.
I'm trying to install 10.3 on an old Tangerine G3 333 iMac. I've upgraded the RAM and the OS9 that was already instlalled was running fine. I then swapped out the HD booted off of the 10.3 install CD, erased HD and partitioned it to 7GB/33GB.
So far so good. I start the install and everything seems to be going just fine, but it never ask for the 2nd install CD. It goes through disk optimization and everything while still on the 1st CD. Then it reboots itself, but fails to find the OS on the HD and ends up wanting to install again.
I've done this 4 or 5 times now and can't figure out what is happening. Anyone have any ideas?
Thanks.Hmm... After it's done with the first CD, and it's rebooting, the CD is still in there, right? I believe that the mac continues to boot off the first CD until the second is needed. The HD isn't booted from until the installation has finished. Once it's done with the first CD, and restarts, try holding down the "C" key to ensure it doesn't try and boot from the HD.