doubtofalex
Mar 17, 06:57 PM
Reckon this is gonna be an all nighter thing or just like 5am?
Sydde
Apr 22, 07:38 PM
North Dakota is the embodiment of everything that invokes upsetting emotions while watching the movies "napoleon dynamite" and "gentlemen broncos"... If you've been there, you know what I mean
Yes I have, and you are way off base. Apart from the fact that the creator of those movies is from Idaho, there is nothing particularly good or bad about North Dakota. It is a decent place, with commendable and detestable people, much as you would find in Colorado or Mississippi. Most states have a fair mix of people, and most states are being run by excretory orifices.
Yes I have, and you are way off base. Apart from the fact that the creator of those movies is from Idaho, there is nothing particularly good or bad about North Dakota. It is a decent place, with commendable and detestable people, much as you would find in Colorado or Mississippi. Most states have a fair mix of people, and most states are being run by excretory orifices.
mabaker
Mar 26, 05:06 AM
Here we go:
http://chris.pirillo.com/top-100-mac-apps/
http://chris.pirillo.com/top-100-mac-apps/
LeeTom
Oct 16, 01:35 PM
Yeah, what programs are you going to need that you can't run in OS X?
Lee Tom
Lee Tom
more...
bootloader
Apr 19, 06:41 PM
its superglue, you can get it on amazon.com, heres a link:
http://www.amazon.com/Krazy-Glue-KG92548R-Instant-0-18-Ounce/dp/B000BQSFSM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1303256351&sr=8-1
just add a very small amount on the cpu and heatsink, once its set you can add more if you wish
http://www.amazon.com/Krazy-Glue-KG92548R-Instant-0-18-Ounce/dp/B000BQSFSM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1303256351&sr=8-1
just add a very small amount on the cpu and heatsink, once its set you can add more if you wish
podsorcerer09
Apr 17, 04:01 PM
I've been carefully monitoring the processor loads on my c2d macbook (the black one) to see what kind of processor I would be needing if I buy an air. The decision is really between the 1.86 and 2.13
My loads are:
1.03 .93. 87
These are with chrome and itunes and terminal running along with ical and the likes. nothing too heavy.
Any advice on which processor?
My loads are:
1.03 .93. 87
These are with chrome and itunes and terminal running along with ical and the likes. nothing too heavy.
Any advice on which processor?
more...
elvedon
Feb 16, 09:42 AM
Hi,
I just switched from Windows to a Mac, and the only thing I miss is the way Firefox used to behave. I can't figure out what to do to get a browser I genuinely love.
First of all, Safari. I know a lot of people like it, and I tried to, but I hate it. It sticks and takes a ridiculously long time to load pages. I like the way it looks, the way the tabs function, etc., and could get a along with it just fine if it actually loaded pages swiftly. I have no idea how to fix that or if it's even possible.
Obviously not IE.
Firefox acts up on my mac. Sure, it's just as fast as it was on my PC, but eh. The themes won't skin properly, the extensions I cherished (TBE, for example) don't work properly, and generally it's just a big clunky headache compared to the other applications I've started to get used to. Sure, I miss my gmail notifier and the insanely useful Adblock and Sage RSS, and SuperDrag&Go, but all the other extensions I don't miss at all.
I've just tried Camino, and while it loads pages beautifully, it's not very pretty or very customizable, and the back/forward buttons only work half the time.
My choices seem to be: a sticky nightmare (Safari), a tchotche-filled mac-unfriendly ex flame (Firefox), or fast but user-unfriendly blandness (Camino). I'm really, really unhappy.
Any advice on what I can do to restore my former browsing bliss?
I just switched from Windows to a Mac, and the only thing I miss is the way Firefox used to behave. I can't figure out what to do to get a browser I genuinely love.
First of all, Safari. I know a lot of people like it, and I tried to, but I hate it. It sticks and takes a ridiculously long time to load pages. I like the way it looks, the way the tabs function, etc., and could get a along with it just fine if it actually loaded pages swiftly. I have no idea how to fix that or if it's even possible.
Obviously not IE.
Firefox acts up on my mac. Sure, it's just as fast as it was on my PC, but eh. The themes won't skin properly, the extensions I cherished (TBE, for example) don't work properly, and generally it's just a big clunky headache compared to the other applications I've started to get used to. Sure, I miss my gmail notifier and the insanely useful Adblock and Sage RSS, and SuperDrag&Go, but all the other extensions I don't miss at all.
I've just tried Camino, and while it loads pages beautifully, it's not very pretty or very customizable, and the back/forward buttons only work half the time.
My choices seem to be: a sticky nightmare (Safari), a tchotche-filled mac-unfriendly ex flame (Firefox), or fast but user-unfriendly blandness (Camino). I'm really, really unhappy.
Any advice on what I can do to restore my former browsing bliss?
OrangeSVTguy
Apr 17, 10:34 PM
If you're a fan of the old command and conquer series, they released Red Alert. It's pretty cool to play on a touch device. Graphics are good too. Gameplay is not as crisp as the original so I'm hoping for a new C&C to come out. It's still worth the $4.99.
Edit:
Opps N/M this is a Cydia thread :o my iPad isn't even JB.
Edit:
Opps N/M this is a Cydia thread :o my iPad isn't even JB.
more...
Crunch
May 5, 11:17 AM
Good stuff! Thank you! Just did a successful upgrade to 4.3.2 without any issues. I had forgotten that I had to hold the Option key while clicking on Restore. (this is on the Mac; Windows works the same way but it's a different key obviously)
(all we need now is a JB ;-) )
(all we need now is a JB ;-) )
FluJunkie
Apr 28, 03:02 AM
Just so you know there are no military applications that benefit from this.
This is...just not correct.
This is...just not correct.
more...
lilcosco08
May 2, 10:48 PM
Wait.
I could use that unlimited data, hehe.
Oh well, I can limit myself :D
I could use that unlimited data, hehe.
Oh well, I can limit myself :D
iccy82
Jun 20, 10:04 PM
iccy :eek:
cause Spymac is hated around the Mac web
cause they ban innocent victims :D
cause Spymac is hated around the Mac web
cause they ban innocent victims :D
more...
supermassive
Oct 9, 12:26 PM
Did anyone install it already?
I've received it 2 days ago but still have the stealth guard on my iPt which is going to be replaced in a week, so I will put the bse on the replacement-device.
Are those bse for a dry installation? I've received them in an envelope without a solution, just like the stealth guards.
I've received it 2 days ago but still have the stealth guard on my iPt which is going to be replaced in a week, so I will put the bse on the replacement-device.
Are those bse for a dry installation? I've received them in an envelope without a solution, just like the stealth guards.
Doctor Q
Oct 16, 05:42 PM
You certainly work fast!
more...
littleman23408
Oct 29, 05:01 PM
Here is my collection
Blu's
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4025/5127152612_4d77b15255.jpg
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1414/5126549417_a0b415f808.jpg
DVD
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1148/5127153158_b9c4598c5c.jpg
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4068/5127153472_5f39aafb70.jpg
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1219/5126550297_0037d82be9.jpg
Blu's
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4025/5127152612_4d77b15255.jpg
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1414/5126549417_a0b415f808.jpg
DVD
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1148/5127153158_b9c4598c5c.jpg
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4068/5127153472_5f39aafb70.jpg
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1219/5126550297_0037d82be9.jpg
Brien
Jul 9, 10:59 PM
Yeah. Still rocking the old black keyboard, too.
more...
dan-o-mac
Dec 9, 06:20 PM
Are you open to any trades? I have a 4GB White Nano that I'm looking to trade.
yellow
Nov 8, 11:41 AM
Would you rather post on a site that uses vBulletin or phpbb. I know I would prefer vBulletin but would the average user know a difference?
Depends on your definition of average user. I consider myself an "average user" as I post on several different forums and have for years. That gives me a good feel for what I like and what I don't care for. Across the board I prefer vB to phpbb. Strictly as an end user who is pretty well aquatinted with the external workings of a forum (do not apply any of this to it as supporting one or the other).
Your first timers and newbie forum users probably wouldn't really notice the difference.
Depends on your definition of average user. I consider myself an "average user" as I post on several different forums and have for years. That gives me a good feel for what I like and what I don't care for. Across the board I prefer vB to phpbb. Strictly as an end user who is pretty well aquatinted with the external workings of a forum (do not apply any of this to it as supporting one or the other).
Your first timers and newbie forum users probably wouldn't really notice the difference.
magamo
Aug 5, 12:09 AM
OMG! That picture is insane. :eek:
More (http://www.csmonitor.com/CSM-Photo-Galleries/In-Pictures/The-Northern-and-Southern-Lights).
http://www.csmonitor.com/var/ezflow_site/storage/images/media/images/csm-photo-galleries-images/in-pictures-images/auroras/10/8191726-1-eng-US/10_full_600.jpg
Ooh! I want to see this thing from outside like this!
More (http://www.csmonitor.com/CSM-Photo-Galleries/In-Pictures/The-Northern-and-Southern-Lights).
http://www.csmonitor.com/var/ezflow_site/storage/images/media/images/csm-photo-galleries-images/in-pictures-images/auroras/10/8191726-1-eng-US/10_full_600.jpg
Ooh! I want to see this thing from outside like this!
bellis1
Jan 25, 09:24 AM
I got mine yesterday (1G) and have been impressed thus far. Although I had trouble with an audiobook. When I did autofill from a playlist with just one audiobook it did not put it on. However, it did put it on if I just dragged it onto the shuffle. It will always start from the begining of the book. Is there anyway to automatically divide these files into chapters? And I'm still hoping for a way to burn an MP3 CD from an audiobook. Damn audible and making me carry 10 CD's when I have an MP3 CD player in my car. With 1G it can fit a ton of songs and obviously getting to anyone song is near impossible unless you remember your playlist. Although I found if you add them all onto the shuffle in order by artist and then switch to shuffle mode that within a few clicks you can usually get to the artist you are looking for and then switch back to playlist mode and go up and down within that artist until you find what you are looking for. Works if you need it to.
ranviper
Dec 24, 10:40 PM
My fiance'. :rolleyes:
pyounderfire
Apr 24, 06:10 PM
For now - in MAC OS X 10.6.7, I have found the answer.
The answer is: the parental controls. When parental controls are off then, the IMac will fall asleep.
Regards,
Peter
The answer is: the parental controls. When parental controls are off then, the IMac will fall asleep.
Regards,
Peter
scem0
Oct 14, 10:29 PM
Would I be considered 'old school'?
I've been here for quite a while...
but not nearly as long as some people.
scem0
I've been here for quite a while...
but not nearly as long as some people.
scem0
macpro2000
Apr 26, 09:27 AM
If you are a rational person, one should know that it isn't reasonable to expect a break until Lion is officially announced. However, you could always write a letter to Obama and 'hope' that things will 'change.' :) People are getting things in this country they shouldn't have and they just expect more and more.