Salacion
Apr 6, 12:33 PM
http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/4/2009/07/504x_whatsapetabyte.gif
nobunaga209
Sep 10, 11:40 PM
Still repping Algiers Parrish all the way from North Texas. ;)
WiiDSmoker
Apr 4, 10:50 AM
So you enjoy watching them abuse other people, but since it's not you then it's ok?
What kind of a sick attitude is that? You think it's a good thing that they mistreat their readers? Why? Is it just funny to you or something?
You are obviously missing the point. Apple's new subscription model is preventing choice from coming to it's customers. How is that not a bad thing?
What kind of a sick attitude is that? You think it's a good thing that they mistreat their readers? Why? Is it just funny to you or something?
You are obviously missing the point. Apple's new subscription model is preventing choice from coming to it's customers. How is that not a bad thing?
.Andy
May 4, 04:59 PM
Pretulant? Is this a Mergui thing?
Haha whoops!
(am actually trekking the flinders ranges :-))
Haha whoops!
(am actually trekking the flinders ranges :-))
more...
Analog Kid
Oct 5, 09:10 PM
I did, in fact, mean using JavaScript on page load to disable the user from changing the size of the textarea, not within my browser. It's like using CSS to disable the dotted border Firefox puts around links when they are active.
Form elements, and the divs that contain them, often need either fixed widths or have widths that are proportional to their containers.
Take Google (http://www.google.com). Depending on how the layout is set up (this is just hypothetical), resizing the search box would push those three links next to it off into oblivion if they were all in a div that was fixed or proportional to the page width. It doesn't matter if Safari "dynamically redraws the page" since the div would still be calculated to be the same. Worse yet, depending on its overflow attribute, they could be pushed onto a new line.
I'd really not like to see Safari become the next IE 5. It already has its share of JavaScript bugs. This would just mean us designers would have to spend that much more time envisioning what would happen if a user resized every form element on every page and incorporating it into our layouts. This is why I hope there's a way to disable it outright.
Funny, this was the feature from the list I thought would be most useful. In particular, it would be useful when posting to MacRumors-- I'd love to make this little box bigger...
I hear where you're coming from though. Hopefully Apple would honor CSS clues that the field should remain fixed-- for example if you've set up pixel accurate sizing, you probably don't want it resized.
If nothing else, remember that the user is the one that resized it, not the browser. Even if the other elements get shoved around and the layout made ugly, the user will have seen their actions responsible for pushing things around.
Form elements, and the divs that contain them, often need either fixed widths or have widths that are proportional to their containers.
Take Google (http://www.google.com). Depending on how the layout is set up (this is just hypothetical), resizing the search box would push those three links next to it off into oblivion if they were all in a div that was fixed or proportional to the page width. It doesn't matter if Safari "dynamically redraws the page" since the div would still be calculated to be the same. Worse yet, depending on its overflow attribute, they could be pushed onto a new line.
I'd really not like to see Safari become the next IE 5. It already has its share of JavaScript bugs. This would just mean us designers would have to spend that much more time envisioning what would happen if a user resized every form element on every page and incorporating it into our layouts. This is why I hope there's a way to disable it outright.
Funny, this was the feature from the list I thought would be most useful. In particular, it would be useful when posting to MacRumors-- I'd love to make this little box bigger...
I hear where you're coming from though. Hopefully Apple would honor CSS clues that the field should remain fixed-- for example if you've set up pixel accurate sizing, you probably don't want it resized.
If nothing else, remember that the user is the one that resized it, not the browser. Even if the other elements get shoved around and the layout made ugly, the user will have seen their actions responsible for pushing things around.
Pika
Oct 9, 06:00 PM
You don't pay for updates, Tweetie 1 had 7 free updates. Updates within the 2.0 version number will also be free. Same as EVERY piece of software for the desktop.
Tell me.. what will happen when Tweetie 3, 4, 5... comes out?
PAY AGAIN... AGAIN AND AGAIN... for minor upgrades.
Tell me.. what will happen when Tweetie 3, 4, 5... comes out?
PAY AGAIN... AGAIN AND AGAIN... for minor upgrades.
more...
zildjansg
Dec 26, 10:30 PM
Right here: http://www.districtlines.com/20899-Vampire-Raglan-T-Shirt/ZACHARYXBINKS
If you're outside the U.S. though, the shipping and duties will cost a pretty penny. That one and the other one like it cost me almost $80 to get them to Nova Scotia, Canada when all was said and done.
Thanks for the info.:)
If you're outside the U.S. though, the shipping and duties will cost a pretty penny. That one and the other one like it cost me almost $80 to get them to Nova Scotia, Canada when all was said and done.
Thanks for the info.:)

phas3
Dec 4, 03:55 AM
how do some of you guys show what song your listening to on the desktop or what the date is etc?
more...
lgutie20
Apr 6, 12:13 PM
This is torture... I just wish Apple would send out invitations for another event and tell us themselves what it is that we will be seeing. Please, Apple?
aiqw9182
Mar 23, 09:37 AM
That's so he can look through it!
Seriously, that's worth mentioning?
Someone asked about it so I responded?
It's just an ocular prosthesis for those that are missing an eye/eyes.
Seriously, that's worth mentioning?
Someone asked about it so I responded?
It's just an ocular prosthesis for those that are missing an eye/eyes.
more...
jav6454
Jan 25, 01:34 PM
Congrats to the team! Well more like encouragements :cool:
We reached 400k PPD which isn't great in itself except that this is without twoodcc's help, so when he will come back, we should reach our highest average yet.
Still we need more firepower. We still crunch at #65 average PPD, meaning we will be loosing ground again. Also the release of the new Sandbridge chips will hurt us. Non overclocked 4 cores single CPU can do 30k PPD with bigadv, or about what a 8 core 2.26Ghz Nehalem does. Seeing that Mac Pro won't get Sandbridge until 2012, this is going to be tough. Also NVidia releases the 560 ti for mid range with good performance for GPU Folding, which can't be done with Mac OS X...
Ultimately, the Macs make less and less sense for Folding.
Yet, I think here, many of us Folding aren't using Macs ;) for instance, the Macross. Full HD 5850 folding (only one of them currently) and 7 threads dedicated to CPU folding on a 3.8GHz i7-930.
We reached 400k PPD which isn't great in itself except that this is without twoodcc's help, so when he will come back, we should reach our highest average yet.
Still we need more firepower. We still crunch at #65 average PPD, meaning we will be loosing ground again. Also the release of the new Sandbridge chips will hurt us. Non overclocked 4 cores single CPU can do 30k PPD with bigadv, or about what a 8 core 2.26Ghz Nehalem does. Seeing that Mac Pro won't get Sandbridge until 2012, this is going to be tough. Also NVidia releases the 560 ti for mid range with good performance for GPU Folding, which can't be done with Mac OS X...
Ultimately, the Macs make less and less sense for Folding.
Yet, I think here, many of us Folding aren't using Macs ;) for instance, the Macross. Full HD 5850 folding (only one of them currently) and 7 threads dedicated to CPU folding on a 3.8GHz i7-930.

Daveway
Feb 13, 12:21 AM
I've seen some other forums, but this forum definatly is the best in terms of mod friendly-ness, etc. And their quite efficient here, too. Plus our mods have cooler sounding usernames...
This is so true. Of all forums I've joined, MacRumors is the best. There is a friendliness to it and a feeling of family and friends. My friends always ask me how on Earth could I love a forum so much.
I just want to thank Arn, Doctor Q, and all the other mods for making MacRumors one of the best forums on the web.
Toast to the Macintosh, good friends, and the future of MacRumors!
This is so true. Of all forums I've joined, MacRumors is the best. There is a friendliness to it and a feeling of family and friends. My friends always ask me how on Earth could I love a forum so much.
I just want to thank Arn, Doctor Q, and all the other mods for making MacRumors one of the best forums on the web.
Toast to the Macintosh, good friends, and the future of MacRumors!
more...
alexbasson
Apr 6, 01:56 PM
am I the only one that thinks this is not enough?
I agree, it doesn't seem like all that much, especially if it's meant to store video. According to Wikipedia, Google processes about 24 PB per day.
I wonder how much storage Netflix has? And their catalog of streaming video is still hardly comprehensive.
I agree, it doesn't seem like all that much, especially if it's meant to store video. According to Wikipedia, Google processes about 24 PB per day.
I wonder how much storage Netflix has? And their catalog of streaming video is still hardly comprehensive.
Eraserhead
Apr 19, 04:12 AM
Same for me.
more...
labman
May 4, 09:28 PM
just checked there website. no refurbished on it, so I'm going to say no.
Mmarzex
Aug 9, 09:41 PM
My first desktop pic of my first mac. It is awesome :D
245036
245036
more...
Mastershredder
Oct 13, 10:11 AM
I bought Tweetie 1 when it first came out and have been relatively happy with it... now that I see Tweetie 2 is out, I was about to buy it ,when I noticed Tweetie 1 is no longer available. Doesn't anyone else see a problem with this? What happens if something happens to the Twitter API, forcing all developers of all platforms to rewrite some code. Wouldn't that mean the thousands of people who bought Tweetie 1 would be SOL?
I'm all for paying developers for coming out with newer versions of their software.. and people here are complaining about how the App Store buyers shouldn't be bitching about having to spend $3 here and there when normal Desktop apps can cost $10, $20, $30 etc.. but there's a difference... If I go to buy a Mac App, there's always the old version that I can download if I so choose.
I paid for Tweetie 1.. this means that if my computer goes, and I lose my downloaded version, i'll never be able to download it again? Or if i'm on the road and my iPhone has a problem and I want to re-download through the App Store, I can't? Sorry, but that's not acceptable to me.
Look at Pangea Software's Enigmo for example. I bought that and had fun with it. Enigmo 2 is out, but it's not replacing Enigmo... Both versions are available...
I'm all for paying developers for coming out with newer versions of their software.. and people here are complaining about how the App Store buyers shouldn't be bitching about having to spend $3 here and there when normal Desktop apps can cost $10, $20, $30 etc.. but there's a difference... If I go to buy a Mac App, there's always the old version that I can download if I so choose.
I paid for Tweetie 1.. this means that if my computer goes, and I lose my downloaded version, i'll never be able to download it again? Or if i'm on the road and my iPhone has a problem and I want to re-download through the App Store, I can't? Sorry, but that's not acceptable to me.
Look at Pangea Software's Enigmo for example. I bought that and had fun with it. Enigmo 2 is out, but it's not replacing Enigmo... Both versions are available...
LightSpeed1
Apr 1, 10:12 PM
Can't wait till it's available to consumers.
Leeartlee
Apr 25, 11:34 AM
so its not looking good that we might get a 64GB version? everything i have seen is showing 16 & 32... :(
That would appear to be the case, most unfortunately.
That would appear to be the case, most unfortunately.
jamespa66
Oct 12, 01:34 PM
I would think themes would fall under the "form" category, rather than "function"
Okat then lets just say that "Tweetie 2" is lacking in both form and function.
Okat then lets just say that "Tweetie 2" is lacking in both form and function.
j33pd0g
Aug 16, 05:27 PM
My jeep... my guitar... and an aiff file.
Jmouse
May 1, 09:57 PM
Hello ,
I have an i phone Classic, wanted to update it and use it as a whatever device.
What would be the latest firmware for the 2G iphone.
And how do i go on activating it? i dont think i have my AT & T sim handy.
Thanks
I have an i phone Classic, wanted to update it and use it as a whatever device.
What would be the latest firmware for the 2G iphone.
And how do i go on activating it? i dont think i have my AT & T sim handy.
Thanks
MaxBurn
May 3, 04:57 PM
Thanks.
bigrobb
Dec 6, 05:52 PM
Mind posting the source to that black 'n blue Apple-logo one?
Looks shweet :cool:
I can't remember where got it but I will post mine
Looks shweet :cool:
I can't remember where got it but I will post mine