bbct
02-04 11:01 AM
We invited our in-laws last September and it was not easy for them to get the visa in the first interview. They got denied with the reason 214(b) without verifying any Indian documents. Infact, my father-in-law was a government servant and he was still employed at the time of interview. My wife was on EAD and I was on H1-B and I was inviting my in-laws to USA.
We then asked a letter from the senate's office requesting the visa officer to issue them visa and explained that they have strong ties with family members back in India and have bank balance and property. It was surprise that nothing was asked in the second interview and they could get a 10 years multiple entry visa. This time my wife invited her parents.
In all this, we wasted time, money and were very tensed since my wife's due date was approaching and it was only a month far.
Folks,
I'd like to know if any of you invited your parents while on AOS. Last time I invited my in-laws I had H1-B et al....now we are on AOS and my wife is sponsoring her parents. We are on AOS. I do not have a job currently so I can't get an EVL and my wife has and she is inviting and the I-134 is also from her...we have EADs valid till late 2010....she had her F1 valid till Oct 2009 but she is working on dependent EAD.
So do you think there could be any potential problem.....Last time I had sponsored my in-laws but they were questioned a lot at the embassy....so now my wife will be sponsoring ...I hope there are no potential problems.
Path 2 USA do not mention anything special for EADs/AOS et al....
Thanks,
SoP
We then asked a letter from the senate's office requesting the visa officer to issue them visa and explained that they have strong ties with family members back in India and have bank balance and property. It was surprise that nothing was asked in the second interview and they could get a 10 years multiple entry visa. This time my wife invited her parents.
In all this, we wasted time, money and were very tensed since my wife's due date was approaching and it was only a month far.
Folks,
I'd like to know if any of you invited your parents while on AOS. Last time I invited my in-laws I had H1-B et al....now we are on AOS and my wife is sponsoring her parents. We are on AOS. I do not have a job currently so I can't get an EVL and my wife has and she is inviting and the I-134 is also from her...we have EADs valid till late 2010....she had her F1 valid till Oct 2009 but she is working on dependent EAD.
So do you think there could be any potential problem.....Last time I had sponsored my in-laws but they were questioned a lot at the embassy....so now my wife will be sponsoring ...I hope there are no potential problems.
Path 2 USA do not mention anything special for EADs/AOS et al....
Thanks,
SoP
wallpaper Tattoo Bible Verse Tattoos - 6
nath.exists
11-05 04:35 PM
Thanks a lot, you cleared all my doubts. Yes you are right i was confusing my case with the GC based on marriage.Thanks again.
lecter
February 27th, 2004, 09:14 AM
By the Lecter, how much does it cost you to get 'noticed'? (Couldn't wait to get to that bit)
"They can because they think they can"
On this day the traffic had been stopped for the parade.....
I was out of the car (Camera always at the ready) and I was taking photos of the girls dancing and got noticed (no cost).
Here's another "Noticed me" shot..
http://www.dphoto.us/forumphotos/data/500/15128T3321-med.jpg
"They can because they think they can"
On this day the traffic had been stopped for the parade.....
I was out of the car (Camera always at the ready) and I was taking photos of the girls dancing and got noticed (no cost).
Here's another "Noticed me" shot..
http://www.dphoto.us/forumphotos/data/500/15128T3321-med.jpg
2011 gaston-purity-tattoo-ible
nk2006
12-14 01:25 PM
Unfortunatley Dems have not shown much zeal which conveys that Immigration Reform is one of their important agenda.
That is my point. House majority leader listed the priorities and immigration is not there. If immigration is not taken up in early-mid '07 it will be difficult to bring it up later � it will be presidential primary season and all candidates will try to position themselves to garner maximum party �base� votes. CIR is controversial to say the least and politicians may skip it to avoid any controversy. Our best bet was SKIL bill; in the new congress it has to be re-introduced and discussed. May not be possible - especially if there is a proposal to bring back CIR. Currently our best bet may be some interim measures during Jan-Feb when appropriation are taken up again (BTW is this right? Does appropriations are extended only until Feb 15th there will be similar bills before that? Can immigration related aspects can be attached to one such if possible).
That is my point. House majority leader listed the priorities and immigration is not there. If immigration is not taken up in early-mid '07 it will be difficult to bring it up later � it will be presidential primary season and all candidates will try to position themselves to garner maximum party �base� votes. CIR is controversial to say the least and politicians may skip it to avoid any controversy. Our best bet was SKIL bill; in the new congress it has to be re-introduced and discussed. May not be possible - especially if there is a proposal to bring back CIR. Currently our best bet may be some interim measures during Jan-Feb when appropriation are taken up again (BTW is this right? Does appropriations are extended only until Feb 15th there will be similar bills before that? Can immigration related aspects can be attached to one such if possible).
more...
uma001
11-04 10:51 PM
Since nobody attempted to answer your question, let me give a try.
The answer depends on what is the EB3-PD ? If someone (like me) had a PD of 2001 , then it would have become current more than a couple of times. Just in the last two years my PD became current thrice (including July Fiasco), and am still waiting for my approval.
But if you are asking how many times did EVERYONE became current, then possibly only once (The July '07 fiasco). I can tell this for sure since 2000. I am not aware of any info before that year.
I heard that once every 5 years every category becomes current. I think in 2000 or 2001, Every category became current, I am not sure.
The answer depends on what is the EB3-PD ? If someone (like me) had a PD of 2001 , then it would have become current more than a couple of times. Just in the last two years my PD became current thrice (including July Fiasco), and am still waiting for my approval.
But if you are asking how many times did EVERYONE became current, then possibly only once (The July '07 fiasco). I can tell this for sure since 2000. I am not aware of any info before that year.
I heard that once every 5 years every category becomes current. I think in 2000 or 2001, Every category became current, I am not sure.
martinvisalaw
09-10 12:13 PM
As far as I know - you are considered in a period of authorized stay as long as your petition for change of status/extension of stay is pending with the USCIS. You will begin to accrue unlawful presence from the day the petition is denied, if that were to happen. The lawyers on this forum can advise you better.
OP would only be authorized to stay in the US if the change of status (COS) was filed while she was still in status. Since her status expired last April, she has been out of status since then and filing the COS did not restore her status.
OP - you really should speak with another lawyer, to be safe. You should not be relying on advice on a free forum given the seriousness of your situation.
OP would only be authorized to stay in the US if the change of status (COS) was filed while she was still in status. Since her status expired last April, she has been out of status since then and filing the COS did not restore her status.
OP - you really should speak with another lawyer, to be safe. You should not be relying on advice on a free forum given the seriousness of your situation.
more...
WillIBLucky
06-19 02:09 PM
Is there are rule governing how far in advance( before the current EAD expires) we can apply for EAD renewal? Is it ok to apply 7 months in advance?
The usual thumb rule for USCIS is 6 months in advance for any renewal or extensions.
The usual thumb rule for USCIS is 6 months in advance for any renewal or extensions.
2010 Jesus Tattoo #15
hebron
03-26 02:37 PM
I agree. Could we include location also in this poll. Salary & Location.
more...
RadioactveChimp
04-17 01:22 PM
there you go! I really like that one! :A+:
hair hair ible verse tattoo. Bible
jasmin45
08-18 12:14 PM
EAD is not a valid status..just a document which provides you authorization to work in united states.
There isn't much information on your post to see what fees are you talking about you may have to break it down and see what is it all about.
There isn't much information on your post to see what fees are you talking about you may have to break it down and see what is it all about.
more...
pappu
01-28 05:46 AM
Excellent proactive attitude......This is what we need....
I would like to make the following pledge...
For anyone who gets one friend to sign-up for a $20 monthly recurring contribution, I will make a one-time contribution of $50 per recurring contribution upto $1000.
Anyone ready to take up my pledge?
Thank you for your pledge.
I am sure our members will take it up as a challenge and help you complete your pledge.
I would like to make the following pledge...
For anyone who gets one friend to sign-up for a $20 monthly recurring contribution, I will make a one-time contribution of $50 per recurring contribution upto $1000.
Anyone ready to take up my pledge?
Thank you for your pledge.
I am sure our members will take it up as a challenge and help you complete your pledge.
hot The Complete Tattoo Bible by
saileshdude
08-12 08:04 AM
My NC is pending. And I am not getting the GC because of that. A lot of people with Jan/Feb/Mar/Apr 2006 are getting theirs and quite handful with 2003/2004 are stuck. What could be the reason for this inconsistency, obviously NC.
more...
house Bible Hand Tattoos I Will Not
ajp5
02-25 12:56 AM
Sorry to hear about your situation. Many people are in a similar boat. Even though it may not mean much now, only tough times like these give us an opportunity for introspection & give us a chance to improve our lives. So hang on. all the best. answers below.
Dear friends,
I have a situation here and it may not be very different from what many others are facing as well. But just that I am not sure what I should be doing now.
I have a H1B visa and I am working for a company in NY state. I will be leaving the company on this Friday (laid off) . My company has informed me that they can hold my H1B for upto a month after which they have asked me to leave the country if they cant find another assignment for me.
My question is :
1) Can I transfer my H1B to some consulting company , that can atleast hold my H1B so that I stay in status? If anyone knows any info on some good consulting xompanies in NYC , that would be very helpful info for me.
If you go after 1 month you will need paystubs for that month. Transfers are a little difficult to come by these days, specially the ones related to consulting companies. Try and find a job asap and make sure you paper work(stubs,new company) is upto date
2) My wife is on H1B as well .. If I go as a dependent (H4) on her (in case I dont find a job) , will I still be able to shift to H1 in the middle of the year or should I wait until Apr 2010 until the qouta opens? I also would like to know how long it takes for a H1 to H4 transfer and what are the procedures for the same.
Yes h1 to h4 is possible. Might take around 3-4 months. Cant leave US till you get a response. You can come back on h1b when you get another job. You will not be counted against any cap, will not have any time limitation and period spent on h4 will not be counted against your h1b time. However USCIS knows people are doing this so ofcourse there is increased scrutiny while going from h4 to h1
3) Can I go from H4 to F1 and then back to H1B when the qouta opens in Apr.
I understand you are trying to throw all you have here but changing status from H1 to H4 to F1 to h1 will raise red flags. ofcourse can be done but dont expect USCIS to be happy about it. They might throw a bunch of RFEs so make sure your case is solid.
Consult with an immigration lawyer - that will be 200$ well spent. This is no joking matter. You need good advice. This forum can give you an idea but what you really need is professional advice
Thanks a lot for your time. I appreciate your help in this regard.
Dear friends,
I have a situation here and it may not be very different from what many others are facing as well. But just that I am not sure what I should be doing now.
I have a H1B visa and I am working for a company in NY state. I will be leaving the company on this Friday (laid off) . My company has informed me that they can hold my H1B for upto a month after which they have asked me to leave the country if they cant find another assignment for me.
My question is :
1) Can I transfer my H1B to some consulting company , that can atleast hold my H1B so that I stay in status? If anyone knows any info on some good consulting xompanies in NYC , that would be very helpful info for me.
If you go after 1 month you will need paystubs for that month. Transfers are a little difficult to come by these days, specially the ones related to consulting companies. Try and find a job asap and make sure you paper work(stubs,new company) is upto date
2) My wife is on H1B as well .. If I go as a dependent (H4) on her (in case I dont find a job) , will I still be able to shift to H1 in the middle of the year or should I wait until Apr 2010 until the qouta opens? I also would like to know how long it takes for a H1 to H4 transfer and what are the procedures for the same.
Yes h1 to h4 is possible. Might take around 3-4 months. Cant leave US till you get a response. You can come back on h1b when you get another job. You will not be counted against any cap, will not have any time limitation and period spent on h4 will not be counted against your h1b time. However USCIS knows people are doing this so ofcourse there is increased scrutiny while going from h4 to h1
3) Can I go from H4 to F1 and then back to H1B when the qouta opens in Apr.
I understand you are trying to throw all you have here but changing status from H1 to H4 to F1 to h1 will raise red flags. ofcourse can be done but dont expect USCIS to be happy about it. They might throw a bunch of RFEs so make sure your case is solid.
Consult with an immigration lawyer - that will be 200$ well spent. This is no joking matter. You need good advice. This forum can give you an idea but what you really need is professional advice
Thanks a lot for your time. I appreciate your help in this regard.
tattoo angel tattoos angel wing
alterego
07-12 07:25 PM
Consult with you lawyer about this one.
However I think that you can substitute the underlying 140 to the EB2 petition with the earlier priority date and hence make your 485 approvable. You are entitled to the better PD and category. You do however need to work with the petitioning employer, which based on your approval could end up being the Eb2 petition employer.
The suggestion to file AOS for the other one is also a good idea, since your EB2 140 PD is almost certain to stay current for some time, You might very well be able to get your green card through CP within a few months.
This would be a good question to post on the lawyer thread on the home page.
However I think that you can substitute the underlying 140 to the EB2 petition with the earlier priority date and hence make your 485 approvable. You are entitled to the better PD and category. You do however need to work with the petitioning employer, which based on your approval could end up being the Eb2 petition employer.
The suggestion to file AOS for the other one is also a good idea, since your EB2 140 PD is almost certain to stay current for some time, You might very well be able to get your green card through CP within a few months.
This would be a good question to post on the lawyer thread on the home page.
more...
pictures ible verse tattoo. Bible verse
trojan
05-02 06:45 PM
You can write a balance-transfer-cheque to your own name (which you can deposit to your checkings account) of amount upto your credit limit on that credit card.
I had 25k credit limit on my credit card, so i could balance-transfer that much. usually if you have a 3-4 years credit history, you can call up the credit card company and ask them to raise your credit limit.
Balance transfers - 0% APR are generally good for 9 months to 1 year loan only. So you will have to repay within a year. But you can keep doing that for 2-3 years till you pay off your complete loan.
I had 25k credit limit on my credit card, so i could balance-transfer that much. usually if you have a 3-4 years credit history, you can call up the credit card company and ask them to raise your credit limit.
Balance transfers - 0% APR are generally good for 9 months to 1 year loan only. So you will have to repay within a year. But you can keep doing that for 2-3 years till you pay off your complete loan.
dresses tattoo bible. ultimate tattoo
nat23
10-29 02:57 PM
I would wait to see the text of the Bill before coming to any conclusion.
more...
makeup Tattoo Bible By Superior
gcdeena
01-29 03:13 PM
try POJO method to reach IO. You can find in "n" number of threads to reach IO based upon your service center. but it's based on your luck to get polite and cordial IO. Try multiple times and speak politely.
Posting this info. provided by some one in this forum long time back.
Call 1-800-375-5283
Press 1 to select English
Press 2 to skip introduction
Press 2
Press 6 to find case status information
Press 1
Now enter your receipt number SRCxxxxxxxxxx
Voice asks if SRC press 1
Then reads out application number, if correct, press 1 (now listen to the case update info..blah blah)
Part way through the blah blah press 3
Wait a moment and press 4
(now if you hear a male voice telling you that no IO is available, it will redirect it to National Customer Service Center (NCSC) you can cut the phone.. and try the same steps)
You should hear "You have reached the TSC of USCIS�" OTHERWISE you have been bounced to NCSC. NCSC only sees what you see when you login to check case status at https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/jsps/index.jsp i.e. you will not get any useful information out of them.
Once you get an IO, be very polite, and take notes for your records. Ask them for their badge number. That way you can reference each conversation by date and the badge number of the IO.
Some of the standard questions:
1) Name check Status ?
2) Background Check Status ?
3) Has it been assigned to an officer ?
4) When can I expect to get some updates on my case ?
5) Can you help me with a ball park date on when my case will be assigned to an officer?
Ofcourse, we all are aware of the standard response we get.
Posting this info. provided by some one in this forum long time back.
Call 1-800-375-5283
Press 1 to select English
Press 2 to skip introduction
Press 2
Press 6 to find case status information
Press 1
Now enter your receipt number SRCxxxxxxxxxx
Voice asks if SRC press 1
Then reads out application number, if correct, press 1 (now listen to the case update info..blah blah)
Part way through the blah blah press 3
Wait a moment and press 4
(now if you hear a male voice telling you that no IO is available, it will redirect it to National Customer Service Center (NCSC) you can cut the phone.. and try the same steps)
You should hear "You have reached the TSC of USCIS�" OTHERWISE you have been bounced to NCSC. NCSC only sees what you see when you login to check case status at https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/jsps/index.jsp i.e. you will not get any useful information out of them.
Once you get an IO, be very polite, and take notes for your records. Ask them for their badge number. That way you can reference each conversation by date and the badge number of the IO.
Some of the standard questions:
1) Name check Status ?
2) Background Check Status ?
3) Has it been assigned to an officer ?
4) When can I expect to get some updates on my case ?
5) Can you help me with a ball park date on when my case will be assigned to an officer?
Ofcourse, we all are aware of the standard response we get.
girlfriend The Ultimate Tattoo Bible
gtg506p
03-22 12:22 PM
Hi,
We talked to the DOL people. They said that since my wife didnt start working with them on H1 and never really worked with them we dont have a basis for claiming the 1500 dollars in filing fees. Do you think this is correct? If so what else do you think we can do on this case? Thanks for your reply.
Amar
We talked to the DOL people. They said that since my wife didnt start working with them on H1 and never really worked with them we dont have a basis for claiming the 1500 dollars in filing fees. Do you think this is correct? If so what else do you think we can do on this case? Thanks for your reply.
Amar
hairstyles tattoo bible. ultimate tattoo
student79
03-27 11:00 AM
Thanks so much bajjuri77.
One more question, If I need to add my parents also as a sponsor for the fee/expense for my wife, but they are in India how do I show there bank statement as that will be in Indian Rupees and what documents they I need to get from them to show to INS at the time of status change from H4 to F1.
One more question, If I need to add my parents also as a sponsor for the fee/expense for my wife, but they are in India how do I show there bank statement as that will be in Indian Rupees and what documents they I need to get from them to show to INS at the time of status change from H4 to F1.
Immi_Chant
07-28 05:01 PM
Thanks roseball and kriskris for your responses.
-Immi_Chant
-Immi_Chant
desibechara
09-22 07:48 PM
hi:
I am not on I140 now but in my situation ( whenever that comes, if that comes!)..I have been working for my current emplyer for 7 years and if I were to file I140 tomorrow :) ..am I supposed to look & get the job experience from soebody I worked around 7 years ago...they don't even remember me!
my situation- labor filed Oct 2001( after 9/11 happened, I could have applied earlier but for my stupidity!)..(my attorney filed in EB3 ..and I do not know why..)..and I am stuck in the mud now...
please let me know...because I will have to really folow up on them..
Sandeep
I am not on I140 now but in my situation ( whenever that comes, if that comes!)..I have been working for my current emplyer for 7 years and if I were to file I140 tomorrow :) ..am I supposed to look & get the job experience from soebody I worked around 7 years ago...they don't even remember me!
my situation- labor filed Oct 2001( after 9/11 happened, I could have applied earlier but for my stupidity!)..(my attorney filed in EB3 ..and I do not know why..)..and I am stuck in the mud now...
please let me know...because I will have to really folow up on them..
Sandeep