R94N
Aug 27, 02:17 AM
Love the second one. I can imagine it being made of similar material to a flag; is that true?
stewacide
Sep 29, 01:56 AM
Anyone else notices that iWork will only update if the apps' are in Applications/iWork 06? That's poor design / very un-Apple: why can't I put my apps where I like?
trekkie604
May 5, 04:10 AM
There should be a -1000 button for threads like these... Or - "Lowest Ranked".
takao
Mar 27, 10:35 AM
damn having a portable power-pc mac kinda throws me out since i would have to use 2 different PCs between university and holidays
otherwise i would gladly help
otherwise i would gladly help
more...
greenmymac
Oct 25, 09:21 PM
How ironic...a month after I LEFT Tulsa they open an Apple store *slaps forehead*
Will b there
!
Will b there
!
Azzin
Mar 15, 01:06 PM
The best plan is to use iTunes to rip the CDs. First go to preferences and set the defalt files type to "Apple lossless". Then you feed in the CDs one at a time and they go straight into iTunes get tagged and it's simple. Some times tagging fails if youhave a rare CD that is not in the database then thr must type in the info.
All good, thanks.
To get files you've already ripping into iTunes just do File->Import Folder and iTunes will copy the tracks in the that folder. If thse tracks are tagged it will copy the tags if untagged you willhave to type in the data. It may be easier to re-rip them frominside iTunes than type in all that data
iTunes will presumably read the folders that have WAV files in them, but what about the FLAC files?
All good, thanks.
To get files you've already ripping into iTunes just do File->Import Folder and iTunes will copy the tracks in the that folder. If thse tracks are tagged it will copy the tags if untagged you willhave to type in the data. It may be easier to re-rip them frominside iTunes than type in all that data
iTunes will presumably read the folders that have WAV files in them, but what about the FLAC files?
more...
Blind Buzzard
Dec 6, 07:54 AM
Have you installed the most current Firefox 1.5?

zimv20
Jul 8, 12:14 AM
next part --
i want to be able to hit my machine remotely and get to ~/Documents. i've gotten htaccess working in /Library/WebServer/Documents and made a symbolic link (ln -s) from there to my Documents directory.
% pwd
/Library/WebServer/Documents
% ls -l D*
lrwxrwxr-x 1 root admin 20 Jul 8 00:05 Documents@ -> /Users/zim/Documents
%
when i try to browse to Documents, i get "Forbidden / You don't have permission to access /Documents/ on this server."
i stuck my .htaccess file into that directory, but same thing.
any ideas?
i want to be able to hit my machine remotely and get to ~/Documents. i've gotten htaccess working in /Library/WebServer/Documents and made a symbolic link (ln -s) from there to my Documents directory.
% pwd
/Library/WebServer/Documents
% ls -l D*
lrwxrwxr-x 1 root admin 20 Jul 8 00:05 Documents@ -> /Users/zim/Documents
%
when i try to browse to Documents, i get "Forbidden / You don't have permission to access /Documents/ on this server."
i stuck my .htaccess file into that directory, but same thing.
any ideas?
more...
GGJstudios
May 4, 03:29 PM
Buying from gainsaver? (http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CDoQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fforums.macrumors.com%2Fshowthread.php%3Ft%3D612588&ei=77bBTa6yIafq0gHO7Ki3Cg&usg=AFQjCNEB3h6UNgw1H9qie983HvEUz3XMMg&sig2=obEZeDrL4wOfi3Wb9ELCfw)
Is GainSaver serious? (http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=2&ved=0CEUQFjAB&url=http%3A%2F%2Fforums.macrumors.com%2Fshowthread.php%3Ft%3D733508&ei=77bBTa6yIafq0gHO7Ki3Cg&usg=AFQjCNFDwSKBWt0mP7bpLVMyKLMTNJ2VDQ&sig2=5S3DBWJ6iCeNDr4oscL2bQ)
Is GainSaver serious? (http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=2&ved=0CEUQFjAB&url=http%3A%2F%2Fforums.macrumors.com%2Fshowthread.php%3Ft%3D733508&ei=77bBTa6yIafq0gHO7Ki3Cg&usg=AFQjCNFDwSKBWt0mP7bpLVMyKLMTNJ2VDQ&sig2=5S3DBWJ6iCeNDr4oscL2bQ)
BrittasMac
Feb 14, 09:21 PM
I thought it stood for demi-god vigilante posse gang?
more...
MacNut
Apr 14, 10:52 AM
:confused: Oh oh. "The selected item is not currently available."Try this one. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAteiFHkEI8
wolrabn
May 1, 04:12 PM
Thanks for the response,
In all honestly that's something I'm not 100 percent sure on. The guy that had the phone before me knows nothing other than how to use it and as its always been in dfu I havemt been able to check. However as I have jailbroke with redsn0w on cust firmwar 4.2 I would assume its been updated to the ipad baseband? Although as it reverts back to dfu I can't even be sure the jailbreak has been succesful....
Rather puzzled by it to say the least. I've done some reading on using iRecovery so going to try that later on and see how it goes- I'm ocd when it comes to fixing stuff like this so really don't want to call it quits!!
Do you think the baseband would have an effect on it failing restores?
In all honestly that's something I'm not 100 percent sure on. The guy that had the phone before me knows nothing other than how to use it and as its always been in dfu I havemt been able to check. However as I have jailbroke with redsn0w on cust firmwar 4.2 I would assume its been updated to the ipad baseband? Although as it reverts back to dfu I can't even be sure the jailbreak has been succesful....
Rather puzzled by it to say the least. I've done some reading on using iRecovery so going to try that later on and see how it goes- I'm ocd when it comes to fixing stuff like this so really don't want to call it quits!!
Do you think the baseband would have an effect on it failing restores?
more...
R94N
Oct 25, 12:35 PM
They look great all lit up. I've tried to draw the Apple logo in the past and I find it hard, never mind to actually carve it into something (it could be just my crappy drawing though :D).
joecool85
Jul 31, 05:43 PM
It takes 578mhz to do one w/u a day. Therefore that would mean an 867mhz would do 1.5 a day (accurate, thats what my PB does) and a 266mhz would do one every 2.1 days, also accurate. Someone compare my equation to their computer. All you do is take your CPU speed and divide it by 578. It *should* give you roughly the w/u you complete in one day.
more...
nathanneuroticx
Apr 23, 06:07 PM
I really like the griffin elevator but im looking for one where i can use the laptop comfortably while its not connected to a different screen
Hmm, I personally think that you can still use the Elevator comfortably, as it's only 5 inches high. You could also connect a wireless keyboard + mouse if that would be more comfortable.
But if you want to get a little stand while using the Macbook, I'd reccommend you getting some sort of Laptop Ramp, like the Standivarius Aero. (http://www.standivarius.com/shop/2-aero-attachable-laptop-stand.html)
Good luck in finding a decent stand!
Hmm, I personally think that you can still use the Elevator comfortably, as it's only 5 inches high. You could also connect a wireless keyboard + mouse if that would be more comfortable.
But if you want to get a little stand while using the Macbook, I'd reccommend you getting some sort of Laptop Ramp, like the Standivarius Aero. (http://www.standivarius.com/shop/2-aero-attachable-laptop-stand.html)
Good luck in finding a decent stand!
wpotere
Apr 25, 07:35 PM
Even *if* your friend paid for it, it's not his to give you to install and use without violating Apple's license agreement
^^^ This...
^^^ This...
more...
skoker
Oct 17, 01:40 PM
I promised the bloopers and I just imported em all off the camera, it took us 15 times according to the clips in iMovie to get it right.
Here they are:
Larry and Skok's Bloopers (http://amgserve.com/mr/bloops.mov)
Link is live.
Not.work.safe! (I dropped an f-bomb, sorry!)
Here they are:
Larry and Skok's Bloopers (http://amgserve.com/mr/bloops.mov)
Link is live.
Not.work.safe! (I dropped an f-bomb, sorry!)
Kissaragi
Apr 28, 07:39 AM
SL has been great for me too. The problems your having must be maddening tho. I had a MDD g4 that would randomly freeze for no reason, drove me up the wall!

JSage
Mar 17, 04:17 AM
I was going to get the first tube to Covent garden which gets in at 5:44. The bus is always an option though...
I'm beginning to consider not going to bed at all, going to my meagre 2hours of lectures from 9-11am (depending on whether I have my iPad 2 in hand, I'm really not bothered if I miss them) and then get some sleep in the afternoon.
So yeah, 4am would be good for me unless you wanted to get there a bit earlier? I imagine most people would be getting the first tube in actually...
I'm beginning to consider not going to bed at all, going to my meagre 2hours of lectures from 9-11am (depending on whether I have my iPad 2 in hand, I'm really not bothered if I miss them) and then get some sleep in the afternoon.
So yeah, 4am would be good for me unless you wanted to get there a bit earlier? I imagine most people would be getting the first tube in actually...
adcx64
May 2, 03:06 PM
OWC has a few, they are very reptable.....
MayPeng
Apr 26, 11:22 PM
Two notes for you:
1) Why have you not told us what your device is? At least the class of device? This could at least get us to the point of knowing if we should expect the OS to have a generic HID divice driver for this class of device. If there is no generic class driver, then: yes, absolutely you will need to create a device driver (and no, it is not going to be easy).
Unless you ask good questions, you should expect nothing but bad answers.
2) This is not the sort of forum where you should expect to find people who can write drivers. This is a user-level forum. If you need help writing device drivers, then your best bet (short of paying someone who knows how to write device drivers on the Mac) is going to be on Apple's Darwin-drivers list (http://lists.apple.com/mailman/listinfo/darwin-drivers).
Your speaking make sense to me. Actually I don't know how to ask question properly to resolve my issue because I'm new to communicate with usb device.
The following is the info capturing through USB Probe:
Device Descriptor:
1) Why have you not told us what your device is? At least the class of device? This could at least get us to the point of knowing if we should expect the OS to have a generic HID divice driver for this class of device. If there is no generic class driver, then: yes, absolutely you will need to create a device driver (and no, it is not going to be easy).
Unless you ask good questions, you should expect nothing but bad answers.
2) This is not the sort of forum where you should expect to find people who can write drivers. This is a user-level forum. If you need help writing device drivers, then your best bet (short of paying someone who knows how to write device drivers on the Mac) is going to be on Apple's Darwin-drivers list (http://lists.apple.com/mailman/listinfo/darwin-drivers).
Your speaking make sense to me. Actually I don't know how to ask question properly to resolve my issue because I'm new to communicate with usb device.
The following is the info capturing through USB Probe:
Device Descriptor:
iCaleb
Sep 14, 07:02 PM
It also doesn't need air because it just sits at the bottom of the water filled bucket and floats/crawls around.
uknick
Mar 25, 07:28 AM
Hey uknick, firstly welcome to MacRumors ;)
Yeah, I'm going to wait and order mine. I'm not rushing in to it. I'll order mine online also, unless I have good reason to pop in to town and buy the iPad2 from the local Bristol store. I'm still wondering if I really need it or not. Still deciding, but temptation is strong! :rolleyes:
Come on Will - you know you want one!! Just give into the inevitable....
I bought the first gen a year ago and never regretted it ( sold it on eBay before the new one was announced :-)) it is by far the best gadget I have ever owned and believe me I have tried many! I even had a brief flirtation with a Galaxy Tab over recent weeks - but it only took me a few days before I gave up and stuck it back on eBay! Once you have tasted Apple other fruits taste just bland ;-)
I can't wait to get the new one particularly for AirPlay with my Apple TV.
I would be going to Bristol if I wasn't working today. Hope that there might be one with my name on somewhere in London.
One last small point - can you veleive that Orange block this site on my iPhone because they say it is "adult content" that really annoys me - it wouldn't happen on my 3 SIM used in my iPad!
Yeah, I'm going to wait and order mine. I'm not rushing in to it. I'll order mine online also, unless I have good reason to pop in to town and buy the iPad2 from the local Bristol store. I'm still wondering if I really need it or not. Still deciding, but temptation is strong! :rolleyes:
Come on Will - you know you want one!! Just give into the inevitable....
I bought the first gen a year ago and never regretted it ( sold it on eBay before the new one was announced :-)) it is by far the best gadget I have ever owned and believe me I have tried many! I even had a brief flirtation with a Galaxy Tab over recent weeks - but it only took me a few days before I gave up and stuck it back on eBay! Once you have tasted Apple other fruits taste just bland ;-)
I can't wait to get the new one particularly for AirPlay with my Apple TV.
I would be going to Bristol if I wasn't working today. Hope that there might be one with my name on somewhere in London.
One last small point - can you veleive that Orange block this site on my iPhone because they say it is "adult content" that really annoys me - it wouldn't happen on my 3 SIM used in my iPad!
carrieann
May 5, 01:53 PM
FANTASTIC. I don't know why it didn't occur to me to go the NAS route. Thanks all, I'll check out Synology and Drobo... seems like the best way to go!