
irmongoose
Jul 26, 07:53 PM
I hope this means we will see HDMI out on the next MacBook Pros.
HDMI (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HDMI) is a video/audio output standard that combines DVI video and optical out audio.
Sound familiar?
Yes, the MacBook Pro has both DVI out and optical audio out ports. Use a DVI to HDMI cable and a optical audio cable, and there is no need to have a dedicated HDMI output. In fact, as the MacBook Pro has a dual-link DVI port, it has the ability to power more than 1080p. Combine this with the included Apple Remote for Front Row, and you have yourself a (somewhat expensive) media center (with an unnecessary screen?;) ).
irmongoose
HDMI (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HDMI) is a video/audio output standard that combines DVI video and optical out audio.
Sound familiar?
Yes, the MacBook Pro has both DVI out and optical audio out ports. Use a DVI to HDMI cable and a optical audio cable, and there is no need to have a dedicated HDMI output. In fact, as the MacBook Pro has a dual-link DVI port, it has the ability to power more than 1080p. Combine this with the included Apple Remote for Front Row, and you have yourself a (somewhat expensive) media center (with an unnecessary screen?;) ).
irmongoose

Schizoid
Mar 23, 09:54 AM
Damn.... Sir Serlet had a best accent ever.
"REDMOND START YOUR PHOTOGRAPHERS. IT WAS ONLY A JOKEEE, BUT THEY ACTUALLY TOOK IT SERIOUSLY."
Craig has no accent! Get an accent, Craig.
"Disk Defragmentation! No end user should ever haff to know about zat!"
"REDMOND START YOUR PHOTOGRAPHERS. IT WAS ONLY A JOKEEE, BUT THEY ACTUALLY TOOK IT SERIOUSLY."
Craig has no accent! Get an accent, Craig.
"Disk Defragmentation! No end user should ever haff to know about zat!"

MattZani
Apr 8, 10:31 AM
Firstly, as well as school i've worked 20 hours a week for nearly a year at around 6.50 an hour. I'll leave you to work out how much i've got. So no, it's not really ridiculous.
Secondly, my parents are happy to pay insurance. I find that fair to be honest.
Yes the new fiestas look great but sadly are too expensive.
;)
Guess thats about 6 grand after spending money, and insuring a new car is barely anymore than an old one, My Mk5 Fiesta was �2400 to insure :/
Secondly, my parents are happy to pay insurance. I find that fair to be honest.
Yes the new fiestas look great but sadly are too expensive.
;)
Guess thats about 6 grand after spending money, and insuring a new car is barely anymore than an old one, My Mk5 Fiesta was �2400 to insure :/
benthewraith
Apr 2, 02:56 PM
http://img191.imageshack.us/img191/9607/screenshot20110402at354.png
more...
iBug2
Nov 12, 05:41 PM
And when FCS4 comes out it will be a year ahead of CS5. What's your point?
Please... without pro apps there is no reason for businesses to have pricey Mac setups. There is no need to have a mac if you're just using Microsoft Office and Email
We've been using Mac Pros as servers for years now... it has more function than the Xserve but is just not rack mountable. No big deal. And who used Shake that its loss makes an impact? Apple could cut Motion and I don't think many would care.
Shake was pretty much the standard compositing tool for big budget movies when Apple discontinued it. So, a lot of people were using it, funnily, a lot of people still using it, despite being discontinued, it's still a solid product.
Please... without pro apps there is no reason for businesses to have pricey Mac setups. There is no need to have a mac if you're just using Microsoft Office and Email
We've been using Mac Pros as servers for years now... it has more function than the Xserve but is just not rack mountable. No big deal. And who used Shake that its loss makes an impact? Apple could cut Motion and I don't think many would care.
Shake was pretty much the standard compositing tool for big budget movies when Apple discontinued it. So, a lot of people were using it, funnily, a lot of people still using it, despite being discontinued, it's still a solid product.
Xero
Jun 28, 12:12 AM
Is this websight centered around anything in specific, besides just macs? Anyways, it looks interesting and well layed out. id be interested in helping out if there was emphasis on art or music or anything like that. :)
more...
Analog Kid
Jul 26, 10:33 PM
Why announce the support of one standard now when there is another competing standard?
There's two camps (HD-DVD and BluRay) trying to rally support. This tends to make even small announcements into huge press events.
There's two camps (HD-DVD and BluRay) trying to rally support. This tends to make even small announcements into huge press events.
MattG
Oct 2, 08:57 AM
You seem to be contradicting yourself here... You say you hate notes.. But suggest it's "equally" as crappy as Exchange.. Then you admit that the CAL's are actually cheaper then Exchange... From your reasoning it would seem that makes notes better by itself. Your listed items are meaningless so I won't address them..
Some advantages to Notes....
the server runs on many platforms (Windows, Linux. iSeries, etc...)
The client runs on many platforms (windows, linux, mac) or you can just use a browser...
REPLICATION... Say it again. REPLICATION.. What does this mean? You can replicate a database to other servers or desktops/laptops. That's really nice to have if something happens to your hardware... It's not clustering - Notes has that too... So the same database can be on many servers if need be or you can take it locally and work with it off-line.. I don't know a microsoft technology that would let someone take a CRM application on the road.. make updates to the data while off line and put it back on the server later.. And it doesn't matter if it's one person or 100 people doing this. Maybe Sharepoint can kinda do this now - I truly don't know - But notes has been doing this for over 15 years... Not bad..
That's just a couple advantages..
Oh one more thing...;)
It's nice getting new versions of the server on a regular basis that actually improve performance on existing hardware. What's Microsoft do? force Exchange users to 64 bit servers....
It takes us longer to download a server update then it does to install it.
I agree that Domino holds many advantages over MS. My complaints are mostly regarding the Notes user interface. It's crap, plain and simple, even on the MS platform. It's just really flakey. Not a day goes by when Notes doesn't crash on at least one of the desktops I'm working on, Mac or PC. it's just really annoying to work with.
Some advantages to Notes....
the server runs on many platforms (Windows, Linux. iSeries, etc...)
The client runs on many platforms (windows, linux, mac) or you can just use a browser...
REPLICATION... Say it again. REPLICATION.. What does this mean? You can replicate a database to other servers or desktops/laptops. That's really nice to have if something happens to your hardware... It's not clustering - Notes has that too... So the same database can be on many servers if need be or you can take it locally and work with it off-line.. I don't know a microsoft technology that would let someone take a CRM application on the road.. make updates to the data while off line and put it back on the server later.. And it doesn't matter if it's one person or 100 people doing this. Maybe Sharepoint can kinda do this now - I truly don't know - But notes has been doing this for over 15 years... Not bad..
That's just a couple advantages..
Oh one more thing...;)
It's nice getting new versions of the server on a regular basis that actually improve performance on existing hardware. What's Microsoft do? force Exchange users to 64 bit servers....
It takes us longer to download a server update then it does to install it.
I agree that Domino holds many advantages over MS. My complaints are mostly regarding the Notes user interface. It's crap, plain and simple, even on the MS platform. It's just really flakey. Not a day goes by when Notes doesn't crash on at least one of the desktops I'm working on, Mac or PC. it's just really annoying to work with.
more...

hansiedejong
Oct 3, 06:23 AM
MacBook Pro:
https://dl-web.dropbox.com/get/iPad%20%3A%20MBP/Schermafbeelding%202010-10-03%20om%2013.19.15.png?w=771afede
iPad:
https://dl-web.dropbox.com/get/iPad%20%3A%20MBP/Photo%20okt.%2003%2C%201%2017%2002%20PM.jpg?w=0b99fec3
Both click for big.
https://dl-web.dropbox.com/get/iPad%20%3A%20MBP/Schermafbeelding%202010-10-03%20om%2013.19.15.png?w=771afede
iPad:
https://dl-web.dropbox.com/get/iPad%20%3A%20MBP/Photo%20okt.%2003%2C%201%2017%2002%20PM.jpg?w=0b99fec3
Both click for big.

rye9
Apr 5, 05:35 PM
I searched the forums but didn't find any threads about this and was curious so here I am posting my own.. well the story is: is that I haven't got a video game since december and was wanting another one.. and one choice I have is THP8.. however I'm curious as to how the game is. I have THPS3 for ps2, and I play it from time to time, because for some reaosn free skate and multiplayer never gets old for me... would the new one fulfill this fun as well?
more...
taran420
Aug 8, 05:58 PM
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3168213/Biurko/Zrzut%20ekranu%202010-07-30%20%28godz.%2017.20.47%29.png
can i get that wall? please please please :p
thanks
can i get that wall? please please please :p
thanks
87vert
Dec 25, 11:25 AM
Insignia 32" 720p for the bedroom
Season pass to Massanutten Ski resort
3 day pass to Hidden Valley Ski Resort
Otterbox Defender for iPhone 4 for when I go snowboarding
$300 gift certificate to Oglebay Resort
$50 iTunes gift card
Various other Gift certificates
Season pass to Massanutten Ski resort
3 day pass to Hidden Valley Ski Resort
Otterbox Defender for iPhone 4 for when I go snowboarding
$300 gift certificate to Oglebay Resort
$50 iTunes gift card
Various other Gift certificates
more...

blow45
Apr 16, 10:03 AM
you are putting a lot of parameters there, the site is reliable however as far as I can tell, I 've used it in the past.
WillEH
Mar 27, 03:21 PM
Just report it under misleading title. As it's a misleading title, they will quickly remove it.
You have successfully submitted a report.
:rolleyes: @ all the keyboard lawyers.
You have successfully submitted a report.
:rolleyes: @ all the keyboard lawyers.
more...

ma5ter5
Apr 13, 10:34 AM
does apple really want to become that predictable with annual product updates at given events?
RaZaK
Nov 11, 04:33 PM
Here's to hoping it releases before May....when i graduate. :D
more...
rnelan7
Dec 25, 11:22 AM
PS3 slim and a Shady McCoy jersey amongst other little things.
Merry Christmas everyone!
Merry Christmas everyone!
blakespot
Apr 13, 06:32 PM
http://www.bytecellar.com/2011/04/13/a-trove-of-apple-promo-videos-from-the-80s-and-90s/
Enjoy.
blakespot
Enjoy.
blakespot

kirk26
Oct 31, 08:56 AM
This comedic comment has been brought to you by Microsoft.
Vivid.Inferno
Oct 14, 01:45 AM
mine currently
JRoDDz
Apr 7, 11:06 PM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Mobile/8G4)
25-30 years ago those were cool, even considered cutting edge, but compared with what is on the app store now, the Atari games suck. I'll pass. Not even worth 99 cents.
I agree.. they're good for about 5 minutes of entertainment.
25-30 years ago those were cool, even considered cutting edge, but compared with what is on the app store now, the Atari games suck. I'll pass. Not even worth 99 cents.
I agree.. they're good for about 5 minutes of entertainment.
v2club
May 3, 11:40 AM
How difficult it it to be made a Bezel-less laptop, I mean really Bezel-less, no Bezel-less only 10mm bezel (which is still impressive). Can we expect them any time soon?
jasonforisrael
Nov 19, 07:03 PM
why would you write to him about this?
do you wanna talk to steve that badly, or are you just mad because you bought yours somewhere else for a higher price?
do you wanna talk to steve that badly, or are you just mad because you bought yours somewhere else for a higher price?
MrMoore
May 2, 11:02 PM
I, too, cannot donate due to past battles with non-hodgkins lymphoma. But I appreciate all who do. I've had both blood and platelet transfusions, so thank you!