devilot
Sep 22, 01:15 PM
I say sell the older machine... and get the new 12"iBook and the 20" iMac G5. :D I have the combo and I love it. Honestly, I can't see the need for power (for most students) in a portable... save some money by having a more powerful desktop and a nice portable that can easily handle the basics and then some.
MaxBurn
May 3, 08:49 PM
It is a bad situation. When he didnt want to do paypal or ebay etc you should have immediately moved on. On another forum we call that deal too good to be true...because it aint.
Also from where i am sitting that price isnt good either but i guess it isnt converted to us currency? Prices are way down now that the white phone is here.
Also from where i am sitting that price isnt good either but i guess it isnt converted to us currency? Prices are way down now that the white phone is here.
KnightWRX
Apr 20, 07:57 AM
But, if you have mobility in mind you'd need the computer to be a notebook and work with a limited screen size or add an external display .... but then there's the plugging/unplugging all day, files need to be kept in sync...
What's your setup like, one computer or two, how do you use them?
One Macbook Air. No files to keep in sync since I don't have many computers and an external monitor isn't a problem. Of course if Apple knew how to make docks, it would be even easier, but it's not like plugging in 3 wires is sooooo much of a pain.
Having many computers is more of a pain than it's worth.
What's your setup like, one computer or two, how do you use them?
One Macbook Air. No files to keep in sync since I don't have many computers and an external monitor isn't a problem. Of course if Apple knew how to make docks, it would be even easier, but it's not like plugging in 3 wires is sooooo much of a pain.
Having many computers is more of a pain than it's worth.
Hisdem
Oct 15, 09:03 PM
Most wallpaper sites will have 1680x1050 as an option, as most current 17 inch monitors use that resolution. InterfaceLIFT (http://interfacelift.com/wallpaper_beta/) is a site I usually go to. You could try HDWallpapers (http://www.hdwallpapers.net) too. ;)
more...
Nermal
Jun 28, 05:39 AM
I remember having a similar problem back in the late 80s - I had a Commodore 64, which plugged into a PAL TV and had the British keyboard layout. When I first got a PC, it came with an American keyboard (as all PCs sold here do) and I had to get used to it.
Fast forward 15 years, put me in front of a British keyboard and my typing slows dramatically. So you'll get used to it.
Fast forward 15 years, put me in front of a British keyboard and my typing slows dramatically. So you'll get used to it.
chipchen
Jan 8, 03:01 AM
So when are most people lining up for keynote? Maybe we should have another poll for that. My hotel is about 5 blocks away, I guess I'll be walking? or are there decent parking garages open early? (yes, I'm from LA, we drive anything more than 0.5 blocks)
Anyone willing to take shifts in line? Is the line outdoors or indoors? 10 day weather forecast from weather.com says no rain.
Anyone willing to take shifts in line? Is the line outdoors or indoors? 10 day weather forecast from weather.com says no rain.
more...
Aperture
Jan 15, 10:13 PM
Can somebody please link to the keynote stream or the MacRumors page from this thread?
I've been avoiding sites all day and I didn't get an email.
Here (http://events.apple.com.edgesuite.net/f27853y2/event/index.html?internal=fj2l3s9dm) ya go. Out of curiosity, how did you navigate to this thread without seeing some of the headlines?
I've been avoiding sites all day and I didn't get an email.
Here (http://events.apple.com.edgesuite.net/f27853y2/event/index.html?internal=fj2l3s9dm) ya go. Out of curiosity, how did you navigate to this thread without seeing some of the headlines?
boss.king
May 3, 12:29 AM
I'm wondering if anyone here has abandoned a point and shoot camera for their iPhone camera? Is it good enough to replace the average digital camera yet (obviously not professional grade cameras?
All the rumours about the iPhone 5 having an 8MP camera have me curious how good the iPhone 4 camera actually is? My 3GS is decent for quick snaps of things here and there but still awful compared to even a budget point and shoot camera.
On a side note, has anyone used those telescopic lenses for the iPhone, and if so, what were the results like?
All the rumours about the iPhone 5 having an 8MP camera have me curious how good the iPhone 4 camera actually is? My 3GS is decent for quick snaps of things here and there but still awful compared to even a budget point and shoot camera.
On a side note, has anyone used those telescopic lenses for the iPhone, and if so, what were the results like?
more...
InfoTime
Apr 29, 08:34 PM
i spilled vine in mine and took everything apart and dipped in alcohol 95% or more(motherboard and keyboard and fan) and cleaned it with a toothbrush ,let it dry and put it back, is been 4 months now and everything works fine.
try that.Is yours the white unibody MacBook? Did you see wine on the motherboard?
try that.Is yours the white unibody MacBook? Did you see wine on the motherboard?
frunkis54
Mar 11, 03:35 PM
Woah. I'm first in line. And only person in line. I'll be one of the first people to even open the box. :-)
its not officailly a line till someone gets behind you
its not officailly a line till someone gets behind you
more...
JustMe74
May 6, 12:35 PM
Thank you!
GGJstudios
May 4, 03:33 PM
I've heard that if you buy a laptop with snow leopard now you won't ever be able to upgrade to lion. :eek:
You heard wrong.
You heard wrong.
more...
madamimadam
Oct 17, 01:15 AM
Try this (http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=75129&SaveKCWindowURL=http%3A%2F%2Fkbase.info.apple.com%2Fcgi-bin%2FWebObjects%2Fkbase.woa%2Fwa%2FSaveKCToHomePage&searchMode=Expert&kbhost=kbase.info.apple.com&showButton=true&randomValue=100&showSurvey=false&sessionID=10748575!adam@khdist.com.au|155862823)
It might not work but it was all I could find... it does not mention the problem
It might not work but it was all I could find... it does not mention the problem
mrsir2009
Apr 23, 07:11 PM
Ok so do you guys think they would increase the amount of batteries in the keyboard?
I'm aware that it wouldn't be a very apple thing to do, but what do you think?
Currently the batteries take up about half of that little cylinder shape at the top. If they really squeezed they could put 4 batteries instead of two in there... But that would still only last 4-7 days tops.
I'm aware that it wouldn't be a very apple thing to do, but what do you think?
Currently the batteries take up about half of that little cylinder shape at the top. If they really squeezed they could put 4 batteries instead of two in there... But that would still only last 4-7 days tops.
more...
job
Oct 19, 12:42 AM
Originally posted by MrMacman
Oh Mr. A will stay up there forever, heck a year might pass and he doesn't post once and he would still be on top.
:hepwnedall:
What ever happened to AlphaTech?
gone somewhere else?
alpha left due to some issues with certain trolls.
he had different ways of dealing with the bait which partially led to the word-censor and the zero tolerance policy on insults.
you can find him at his site:
http://www.thetechpub.com
Oh Mr. A will stay up there forever, heck a year might pass and he doesn't post once and he would still be on top.
:hepwnedall:
What ever happened to AlphaTech?
gone somewhere else?
alpha left due to some issues with certain trolls.
he had different ways of dealing with the bait which partially led to the word-censor and the zero tolerance policy on insults.
you can find him at his site:
http://www.thetechpub.com
Mudbug
Nov 7, 03:37 PM
I've been trying to split them up, so there's not just a solid front page of "ween" or "kenny chesney" or "the dixie chicks" or whatever - trying to get kind-of a cross-section of music at a time. And the way I see it, you should suggest the best song or two off an album, and if you want the whole album suggested, do that in the comments section of the first track you recommend. That way it's like a lead-in for people who like similar music and want to know more about this particular band.
I've been trying to remember to go back, but sometime I forget... :) I'll try and make a sweep over them again before too long. :D
I've been trying to remember to go back, but sometime I forget... :) I'll try and make a sweep over them again before too long. :D
more...
alvindarkness
Apr 8, 12:04 PM
TRIM enabler is a hack, and some people have reported that their read/write speeds have dropped significantly after installing it on their macs. I'm worried that it even does the job, but I am guessing it just changes the kernel so that instead of saying 'No' it says 'Yes' under TRIM support in SERIAL-ATA.
It's not just changing the No to a Yes. You can confirm TRIM is working by using hfsdebug and dd, with and without the patch. The beachballs people get could be due to an over aggressive use of TRIM by the current kext's, guess we'll find out sooner or later.
It's not just changing the No to a Yes. You can confirm TRIM is working by using hfsdebug and dd, with and without the patch. The beachballs people get could be due to an over aggressive use of TRIM by the current kext's, guess we'll find out sooner or later.
fr4c
Dec 24, 06:14 PM
Black Ops.
Amen.
Amen.
Dalton63841
Apr 17, 02:14 AM
Open the Console.app in the Utilities folder. Bring up the context menu on each log listed on the left hand side and hit Reveal in Finder. It is perfectly safe to delete them all. Yes those logs will get MASSIVE. Afterward you should empty the Trash.
jrohlman88
May 5, 11:38 AM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_8 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8E401 Safari/6533.18.5)
Does anyone know when best buy is suppose to get the new iMac? The only reason I want one from them and not apple is because if the 18 month 0% financing option. One sales associate told me this Friday, but another told me several weeks from now
Does anyone know when best buy is suppose to get the new iMac? The only reason I want one from them and not apple is because if the 18 month 0% financing option. One sales associate told me this Friday, but another told me several weeks from now
Apple OC
Apr 18, 07:24 PM
looks nice ... I would photoshop out the roof on the left and some of the ferns on the right
robotrenegade
Jul 5, 11:57 PM
Thanks I'll try some and let you know. If anyone ele has ideas please let me know.
BigAus
Apr 3, 08:32 PM
The Vodafone ad above is still there. It is annoying as hell since it sits right underneath the browser tabs and to avoid it you have to move the cursor around it. Any chance of getting rid of it?
Lord Appleseed
May 6, 12:38 PM
The 6970 card is 2 years old, since it can handle current games fairly decently, it will definitely not in 4 years (it would make it a 4 year old card).
The 6970 came out this year.
@OP: Yes it will handle decent gaming for about that time, but expect that you may have to play future games at slightly lower setting over the time.
The 6970 came out this year.
@OP: Yes it will handle decent gaming for about that time, but expect that you may have to play future games at slightly lower setting over the time.