ethana
May 2, 03:06 PM
28th Production week, 2007. 200 MHZ CPU speed, A1203, 8GB. To know more, we need more information. Why do you want to know?
What more information would you like?
Specifically I'd like to know more about the production date. Was it one of the first iPhone 2G's sold? Or one of the last? Obviously it was made in 2007 so at least it was within the first year. What is the earlier known "production week" for an iPhone 2G?
What more information would you like?
Specifically I'd like to know more about the production date. Was it one of the first iPhone 2G's sold? Or one of the last? Obviously it was made in 2007 so at least it was within the first year. What is the earlier known "production week" for an iPhone 2G?
dmr727
Dec 14, 02:41 PM
There are a lot of lessons to be learned here. It's a new world out there.
jmufellow
Sep 29, 01:14 AM
Basically, I want to get an ibook, either refurb or used--just something cheap that will do internet (wireless), word processing, and that's about it. I have a biggger mac for storing music burning dvd's etc.
There's a nice ibook on the refurb page right now. My question: if I let this one pass will something else come up on that page pretty soon or is it a rare thing to find this kind of deal.
My reason for not buying now is because I did not plan to get something this soon, and money would be a tad bit tight to spring and get it right now. Should I spring for it now (aka credit card) or is it safe to wait for this deal to surface again? :confused:
Thanks for the reply BTW :)
There's a nice ibook on the refurb page right now. My question: if I let this one pass will something else come up on that page pretty soon or is it a rare thing to find this kind of deal.
My reason for not buying now is because I did not plan to get something this soon, and money would be a tad bit tight to spring and get it right now. Should I spring for it now (aka credit card) or is it safe to wait for this deal to surface again? :confused:
Thanks for the reply BTW :)
aquajet
Sep 19, 12:53 PM
Does around �400-�450 for a ~700mhz G3 with Airport sound about right? I'm not looking at a particular auction, but as a general guide.
That's too much for a G3. You might as well get an iBook G4 or even a refurb model from the Apple Store if you're prepared to pay that much. The US refurb store currently has 12" iBook G4 1.2 Ghz with CD-ROM for $699.
That's too much for a G3. You might as well get an iBook G4 or even a refurb model from the Apple Store if you're prepared to pay that much. The US refurb store currently has 12" iBook G4 1.2 Ghz with CD-ROM for $699.
more...
Doraemon
Jul 12, 04:50 PM
We had at least 2 or 3 topic with this car in the past few months.
Use the search function.
Still, cool car/mac.
Use the search function.
Still, cool car/mac.
RebeccaL
Apr 4, 07:55 AM
@Meltdownblitz
Thanks! The new cut looks great. What is the other company that has an oleo? I did not found it on larry's page.
@asdad123
Thanks for the advice. Unfortunatelly my problem is not with dust but with aligment.
And for the curious, here is how the old SGP Oleo used to look like:
https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEi5D1U9bg_Pmve__FdpyaQjS_B6Q_j3e-hiUC6Vc-PsH5S22Tn9NWISa2gC0aSoGtMDRmMM2K_VGR7RMn9dkSKK-gx9gH3IP1v0FCS_0EeE_9kFYIcShAVYhYlY682vNN0XGmT4M6pmtzrW/s1600/IMG_3030.jpg
Thanks! The new cut looks great. What is the other company that has an oleo? I did not found it on larry's page.
@asdad123
Thanks for the advice. Unfortunatelly my problem is not with dust but with aligment.
And for the curious, here is how the old SGP Oleo used to look like:
https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEi5D1U9bg_Pmve__FdpyaQjS_B6Q_j3e-hiUC6Vc-PsH5S22Tn9NWISa2gC0aSoGtMDRmMM2K_VGR7RMn9dkSKK-gx9gH3IP1v0FCS_0EeE_9kFYIcShAVYhYlY682vNN0XGmT4M6pmtzrW/s1600/IMG_3030.jpg
more...
maclaptop
Apr 24, 09:22 PM
http://www.xpad4laptop.com/
elders
May 3, 02:18 AM
so just update to 4.3 using firmware from felixbruns?
more...
talmy
Feb 14, 03:08 PM
Based on my experience, the weakest spot in mini performance is the 5200 RPM drive. I'd suggest swapping out the hard drive as the best thing one can do and certainly more cost effective than a new mini with the same slow drive!
HLdan
Oct 27, 10:35 PM
I was gonna say you'd be a pretty sad bastard to go for a shirt only, but I'm sure if your buying something else and explain your situation, they'll oblige you.
What a spoiled sport. :p
It's a launch party for goodness sake. Do people NEED to buy something to visit and get a free shirt? It's all about the fun. I already ordered my copy of Leopard but it hasn't delivered yet so I went to the launch event to go check out Leopard in person and I'm glad I did. It was so much fun, it's was like being at a party. There were plenty and I mean plenty of shirts so I hung out for 3 hours and picked up my shirt on the way out. Will go to the next launch party whether buying or not. :D
What a spoiled sport. :p
It's a launch party for goodness sake. Do people NEED to buy something to visit and get a free shirt? It's all about the fun. I already ordered my copy of Leopard but it hasn't delivered yet so I went to the launch event to go check out Leopard in person and I'm glad I did. It was so much fun, it's was like being at a party. There were plenty and I mean plenty of shirts so I hung out for 3 hours and picked up my shirt on the way out. Will go to the next launch party whether buying or not. :D
more...
stridemat
Mar 3, 08:59 AM
It only suggests unnecessary urgency and importance to the thread the poster has written.
Thanks,
.
Surely that would be !!!!!!!!!!
???????? would mean its a very big question.
Thanks,
.
Surely that would be !!!!!!!!!!
???????? would mean its a very big question.
RebeccaL
Apr 4, 06:08 PM
The product that Larry reviewed can be found here: http://www.thehishop.com/
They have the back oleo protectors but the front cutout is a single opening and not separate cutouts.
As a side note, when SGP first released their oleophobic protectors they were separate cutouts and somewhere down the line they decided to switch to a single cutout (not sure why).
Thanks for the link.
Now I am confused. You say that SGP first made the oleo protectors with two cuts and then one cut.
Does the current oleos have single or double cut?
They have the back oleo protectors but the front cutout is a single opening and not separate cutouts.
As a side note, when SGP first released their oleophobic protectors they were separate cutouts and somewhere down the line they decided to switch to a single cutout (not sure why).
Thanks for the link.
Now I am confused. You say that SGP first made the oleo protectors with two cuts and then one cut.
Does the current oleos have single or double cut?
more...
fun173
May 19, 05:45 PM
i just kicked myself.........
devilot
Dec 14, 09:54 PM
Me Want!, Me Want!:)Yeah, seriously... that is awesome, DCV! :D
more...
appleguy123
Apr 26, 11:06 PM
That made me LOL
like this:
HA HA HAAAA
I'll be here all week :)
On a sidenote, it wasn't really meant to be funny, it just makes trolls look stupid when they quote you, or if you forget to come back you get your point across.
like this:
HA HA HAAAA
I'll be here all week :)
On a sidenote, it wasn't really meant to be funny, it just makes trolls look stupid when they quote you, or if you forget to come back you get your point across.
Austin M.
Apr 24, 12:26 AM
I can assure you, at $70, the A Jays Fours are no where near "higher end".
My default set of IEMs is the Klipsch x10i. I have yet to find anything as punchy and detailed and simultaneously comfortable. They put the A Jays Fours to shame.
They CANNOT be compared. Two totally different IEM's. Two totally different prices.
My default set of IEMs is the Klipsch x10i. I have yet to find anything as punchy and detailed and simultaneously comfortable. They put the A Jays Fours to shame.
They CANNOT be compared. Two totally different IEM's. Two totally different prices.
more...
NathanA
Jan 28, 08:37 PM
This will NOT work for "any iPhone/iPod touch." This needs to be made clear for anybody who thinks this is a one-size-fits-all solution for everybody.
Apple cryptographically "signs" firmware releases these days. This happens during the restore process, and unless Apple signs off on the restore, you'll get an error message. Even if you could bypass the error message, without the signatures specific to your device for that iOS version, your device would never boot up.
Apple prevents downgrades by refusing to sign anything but the latest version of software. This is where Saurik's SHSH collector and TSS server come into play, for those that take advantage of his services.
The reason it worked for YOU is because you have a second-generation iPod touch and you were downgrading to something less than 4.0. Apple didn't start using device-specific (ECID-based) SHSHs until 3.x on iPhone 3GS and iPod Touch 3rd-gen, and 4.x on all other devices that support 4.x (including iPhone 3G and iPod Touch 2nd-gen). So, unless you are collecting your SHSHs for each Apple software release, if you are on 4.2.1 on your iPod touch, you would be able to downgrade to 2.1.1 like you did, but you would not be able to downgrade to 4.1 or 4.0.
Also, you didn't technically need iREB for this. All you used iREB for was to get the iPod into DFU mode. You can do that yourself, manually, using the power and home buttons...instructions for doing so are in abundance on-line.
If you have an iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPod touch 3rd-gen, or iPod touch 4th-gen, you can't downgrade to any release without the corresponding SHSH for your device. Period.
-- Nathan
Apple cryptographically "signs" firmware releases these days. This happens during the restore process, and unless Apple signs off on the restore, you'll get an error message. Even if you could bypass the error message, without the signatures specific to your device for that iOS version, your device would never boot up.
Apple prevents downgrades by refusing to sign anything but the latest version of software. This is where Saurik's SHSH collector and TSS server come into play, for those that take advantage of his services.
The reason it worked for YOU is because you have a second-generation iPod touch and you were downgrading to something less than 4.0. Apple didn't start using device-specific (ECID-based) SHSHs until 3.x on iPhone 3GS and iPod Touch 3rd-gen, and 4.x on all other devices that support 4.x (including iPhone 3G and iPod Touch 2nd-gen). So, unless you are collecting your SHSHs for each Apple software release, if you are on 4.2.1 on your iPod touch, you would be able to downgrade to 2.1.1 like you did, but you would not be able to downgrade to 4.1 or 4.0.
Also, you didn't technically need iREB for this. All you used iREB for was to get the iPod into DFU mode. You can do that yourself, manually, using the power and home buttons...instructions for doing so are in abundance on-line.
If you have an iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPod touch 3rd-gen, or iPod touch 4th-gen, you can't downgrade to any release without the corresponding SHSH for your device. Period.
-- Nathan
sleepykidd
Apr 23, 07:44 AM
You can't use a disk that came with another mac. You need to use a full retail version. Also you will need to do a clean install, you can't do an upgrade install coming from Tiger.
Will I be able to put the retail version on a flash drive? Because my dvd drive is pretty much busted.
Would it be possible just to clone my Macbook 6,1 HDD and restore it to the HDD on the 1,1?
Will I be able to put the retail version on a flash drive? Because my dvd drive is pretty much busted.
Would it be possible just to clone my Macbook 6,1 HDD and restore it to the HDD on the 1,1?
jsalzer
Mar 5, 10:24 AM
It makes my Pismo feel like he can still be useful. I'm primarily in it to help out with Mac Cow Disease. Someone has to look after the cows. Especially if there's a chance it could spread to my prescious Mooses (I'm a moose lover.)
While I owe my start to MacRumors, I actually formed my own little team with the few computers I have control over. I enjoy seeing my team ranking slowly moving up the ranks (we're at around 2430 as a team now!)
Since my Pismo is the team captain (though obviously not the lead producer), it makes him feel good, too.
Edit - the scary part is, I had no intention of typing "Mac Cow". I really did mean Mad Cow. And, yet, I did it twice. Sometimes I think my fingers have a mind of their own. I also can't type "worship". It always comes out "workshop", since I work in continuing ed. Bad fingers!
While I owe my start to MacRumors, I actually formed my own little team with the few computers I have control over. I enjoy seeing my team ranking slowly moving up the ranks (we're at around 2430 as a team now!)
Since my Pismo is the team captain (though obviously not the lead producer), it makes him feel good, too.
Edit - the scary part is, I had no intention of typing "Mac Cow". I really did mean Mad Cow. And, yet, I did it twice. Sometimes I think my fingers have a mind of their own. I also can't type "worship". It always comes out "workshop", since I work in continuing ed. Bad fingers!
ViNESWiNGMAN
Nov 16, 12:57 AM
Does the osx version of itunes support non-ipod mp3 players? (namely the creative nomad jukebox zen xtra) I had an ipod (3rd gen) but was unsatisfied with the sound quality.
Also, do you guys think the the 20" imac is worth the $200 or so jump in price from the 17" imac? I know the resolution isn't much higher, but how much better is the screen? I'm used to a 19" LCD right now.. Is the 20" lcd used in the g5 imacs the same one used in the 20" cinema displays? What about the 17" display, is the one used on the 17" powerbooks?
Also, do you guys think the the 20" imac is worth the $200 or so jump in price from the 17" imac? I know the resolution isn't much higher, but how much better is the screen? I'm used to a 19" LCD right now.. Is the 20" lcd used in the g5 imacs the same one used in the 20" cinema displays? What about the 17" display, is the one used on the 17" powerbooks?
alphadog111
Apr 19, 02:38 PM
it will sure fix it if the kernel panics were caused by overheating, which is likely, i would give it a shot, if that doesnt fix it then you know that the problem lies somewhere else!
do you know what I have to type in google to find which one I would need to buy? I dunno what the name of the product is... thank you.
do you know what I have to type in google to find which one I would need to buy? I dunno what the name of the product is... thank you.
DoFoT9
Oct 31, 04:21 PM
My small collection...
*picture*
OH MY LORD *dies*
that is absolutely incredible! how long has that taken ot mash up? you obviously like watching a lot of movies! :)
....meanwhile...
this is my collection :)
http://www.fahad.com/pics/wd_2tb_caviar_green_hard_drive.jpg
*picture*
OH MY LORD *dies*
that is absolutely incredible! how long has that taken ot mash up? you obviously like watching a lot of movies! :)
....meanwhile...
this is my collection :)
http://www.fahad.com/pics/wd_2tb_caviar_green_hard_drive.jpg
wrldwzrd89
Mar 11, 12:37 PM
I have FOUR externals connected to my Mac right now. 1 for SL Time Machine, 1 for Lion, 1 for Lion Time Machine, and 1 for shared storage.
whiteshadoww
Jun 20, 08:09 PM
Too bad the person stung by the 2 hornets didn't already have his iPhone 4. I'm almost certain that the new iPhone would contain some kind of antidote that would have been very helpful. I guess we will all just have to wait for Thursday!
Is everyone with an iPhone going to download iOS 4 tom and test I out or are you guys going to wait for Thursday?
Is everyone with an iPhone going to download iOS 4 tom and test I out or are you guys going to wait for Thursday?