Hook'Em2006
Feb 8, 10:37 PM
He did it with an app called geektool. It takes a little know how to do, but there are plenty of dummy proof guides on youtube.
I used to use geektool until I got a few Kernal panics and I noticed my mac taking a performance hit from it. Be careful when your messing with system tweaks!
What is a Kernal Panic?
Im guessing I probably shouldn't mess with it then? I really enjoy having a stable system at the moment. This computer is just about perfect. Just wish I would have bought the 15" instead of 13" MBP. I will be taking it back tomorrow or the next day, weather permitting of course. Here in Dallas we have been getting some wicked nasty snow storms, for around here anyway.
I used to use geektool until I got a few Kernal panics and I noticed my mac taking a performance hit from it. Be careful when your messing with system tweaks!
What is a Kernal Panic?
Im guessing I probably shouldn't mess with it then? I really enjoy having a stable system at the moment. This computer is just about perfect. Just wish I would have bought the 15" instead of 13" MBP. I will be taking it back tomorrow or the next day, weather permitting of course. Here in Dallas we have been getting some wicked nasty snow storms, for around here anyway.
iBug2
Nov 12, 05:39 PM
For feature films? I call BS! Maybe for independent "features" and even that is debatable.
Just one example but Transformers 2 was cut on FCP, and that's a 250mil movie, hardly an independent one :)
Just one example but Transformers 2 was cut on FCP, and that's a 250mil movie, hardly an independent one :)
Skywarrior
Apr 25, 06:21 AM
I've waited so long for the white iPhone 4 that I no longer care for an iPhone 4 and will simply wait for the iPhone 5. The delay in shipping the white iPhone 4 cost Apple a sale. It's not like my iPhone 3G stopped working when the iPhone 4 was released.
fr4c
Dec 27, 05:41 PM
iPhone 4 for both me and the girlfriend. We decided to consolidate our phone bills, and FaceTime was a primary deciding factor for her. Decided to keep it light on the gifts this year with the addition of a new car, apartment/furniture, and a puppy.
http://images.dailymobile.se/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/apple-iphone-4.jpg
http://images.dailymobile.se/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/apple-iphone-4.jpg
more...

Mudbug
Dec 16, 08:18 PM
I'll try and remember to make one for you tomorrow - or do you have it already?
bdkennedy1
Oct 31, 02:06 PM
Note: 2G = Second Generation. Second generation iPod Shuffles have a capacity of 1 Gigabytes.
Wouldn't it have been common sense to just spell out 1 Gigabyte Second Generation instead of devoting a whole other sentence at the end of the article about what 2G means?
Wouldn't it have been common sense to just spell out 1 Gigabyte Second Generation instead of devoting a whole other sentence at the end of the article about what 2G means?
more...
DefBref
Apr 9, 05:21 AM
make sure you have a backup of the ipad 1 in itunes (it does this automatically everytime you sync it).
Restore from backup on the ipad 2.
Restore from backup on the ipad 2.
dilgit
Apr 6, 12:31 AM
Where can I download a DMG file of OS X Lion Build 11A419. I found sites with rar files or torrent files but no DMG file.
more...
Avicenna
Apr 30, 01:45 PM
How can I set the "Date created" attribute of a file to a date in sometime in future? I have tried using the NSFileManager setAttributes:ofItemAtPath:error but it doesn't work for dates in future..Thanks.
Krafty
Apr 13, 12:18 PM
My dream car is a 350z in which I would modify, painted all black:
http://pix.am/d2TU.jpg
But then today I paid an innocent visit to Binders over here in Atlanta, GA.... and.. well...
http://pix.am/rx05.jpg
http://pix.am/zO4E.jpg
No one ones the amount of d*** I would suck, or people I would kill, to get behind the wheel of an GT-R35....
If only... If only...
http://pix.am/d2TU.jpg
But then today I paid an innocent visit to Binders over here in Atlanta, GA.... and.. well...
http://pix.am/rx05.jpg
http://pix.am/zO4E.jpg
No one ones the amount of d*** I would suck, or people I would kill, to get behind the wheel of an GT-R35....
If only... If only...
more...
JPark
Apr 13, 09:33 AM
I can only think of one appropriate response:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jp-MXaNlD5g
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jp-MXaNlD5g
Psychobueller
Apr 28, 04:16 PM
No 3G internet while on a ohone call kills it for me. I'll stick with AT&T.
more...

slackersonly
Oct 2, 09:14 AM
Where do you see this? Every ebay auction I see for dotmac ends up being at least $75 or more with $5 shipping at least.
Not that great a deal.
Maybe its a time of the year thing. I paid $41 in May of this year.
Not that great a deal.
Maybe its a time of the year thing. I paid $41 in May of this year.
Mord
Sep 24, 07:13 PM
i dont get parents that dont want their kids to have sex... just does not compute, your son is 18 he can do what he wants.
more...

wesrk
Feb 20, 12:44 AM
Ya sorry.
no problem, and yeah, she's a beauty.
mind sharing the link/original?
no problem, and yeah, she's a beauty.
mind sharing the link/original?

ziggyonice
Apr 30, 07:22 PM
...The whole Castle in the Cloud theme. It works.
https://img.skitch.com/20110501-bkeumqpah8e93ddxh6wpfhxktb.jpg (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0u9QNYjYvYQ#t=0m25s)
Any Les Miserables fans here? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0u9QNYjYvYQ)
https://img.skitch.com/20110501-bkeumqpah8e93ddxh6wpfhxktb.jpg (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0u9QNYjYvYQ#t=0m25s)
Any Les Miserables fans here? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0u9QNYjYvYQ)
more...
tag
Dec 18, 11:18 PM
Some film negatives, apple style. :)
hobo.hopkins
Apr 25, 12:53 AM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_6 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8E200 Safari/6533.18.5)
A disgrace on so many levels.
Because it took so long? Heaven forbid that they delay a product that is having problems, that just wouldn't make any sense. If you mean it is disgraceful that thy haven't been more open about the entire situation then I couldn't agree more.
A disgrace on so many levels.
Because it took so long? Heaven forbid that they delay a product that is having problems, that just wouldn't make any sense. If you mean it is disgraceful that thy haven't been more open about the entire situation then I couldn't agree more.

Happybunny
Dec 1, 09:39 AM
http://i668.photobucket.com/albums/vv42/BornToMac_2009/Screenshot2010-12-01at90418AM.png
I'll go out on a limb here and say you are a fan of Marvel comic books.;)
I'll go out on a limb here and say you are a fan of Marvel comic books.;)
solace
Oct 9, 03:05 PM
I also just checked the App Store on my phone and it's not showing up yet.
search Tweetie 2 (make sure you have the space), it took me 2 tries on my phone
search Tweetie 2 (make sure you have the space), it took me 2 tries on my phone
Bastich
Nov 2, 02:14 AM
Can we please stop calling it a "2G" Shuffle now? That is the single stupidest naming convention I have ever seen, and will continue to cause confusion well into the future. Even "G2" and up is better now, thanks to the demise of the PowerPC.
Mr Fusion
Apr 28, 10:06 AM
I need more of you a$$holes to switch to Verizon, thanks to you and Ma Bell I still can't get a decent 3G signal in any airport, city or crowded space. And I can't go CDMA because I go overseas a lot. Otherwise I would have switched in February.
bartelby
Nov 29, 05:21 AM
Anyone out there want a free Apple Stylewriter 2400?
Boxed (box is a bit battered) with power lead, serial cable and a couple of ink cartridges.
I'll pay half the P&P costs.
Boxed (box is a bit battered) with power lead, serial cable and a couple of ink cartridges.
I'll pay half the P&P costs.
Lord Blackadder
Jan 11, 01:57 PM
For some context on the new Passat, read a review of the new Jetta (like this one (http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/car/10q3/2011_volkswagen_jetta-first_drive_review)) to see how the "decontenting" was done.
In the case of the Jetta, the decent 5-cylinder base engine was bumped up into the optional category. The "new" base engine is the 115hp SOHC 4-banger that is not fundamentally different from the engines that powered Jettas and Golfs in the 1980s. No joke! They still make the Mk 4 Golf in Mexico, and this engine is pulled straight from the Mk 4 production line.
The Golf/Jetta/Passat used to be closer to an E-Class or 3 Series than a Civic or Accord. But this shift radically repositions them as a run-of-the-mill grocery getter. Volkswagen wants to more than double their US sales in the next few years...
...as I said before, I really hope they don't ruin the Golf too.
In the case of the Jetta, the decent 5-cylinder base engine was bumped up into the optional category. The "new" base engine is the 115hp SOHC 4-banger that is not fundamentally different from the engines that powered Jettas and Golfs in the 1980s. No joke! They still make the Mk 4 Golf in Mexico, and this engine is pulled straight from the Mk 4 production line.
The Golf/Jetta/Passat used to be closer to an E-Class or 3 Series than a Civic or Accord. But this shift radically repositions them as a run-of-the-mill grocery getter. Volkswagen wants to more than double their US sales in the next few years...
...as I said before, I really hope they don't ruin the Golf too.