Dimwhit
May 3, 10:36 AM
How is iDisk better integrated than DropBox? I have DropBox running on my desktop where it looks like any other folder. I can open that folder and drag things to and from it. I have DropBox running on my iPad and iPhone too, and all three devices sync automatically. I use 1Password on all three devices and my data file resides on DropBox, so 1Password syncs to all devices automatically. And, there's a web interface for DropBox, so I can get to it from any computer. So what's better on iDisk?
Yeah, iDisk doesn't even compare to DropBox. You get more storage, but that's about it.
Yeah, iDisk doesn't even compare to DropBox. You get more storage, but that's about it.
mandoman
Oct 31, 03:41 PM
I wouldn't mind a 2gb shuffle so I don't have to sync as often.
Crager724
Oct 5, 05:40 PM
I am not a webdesigner so could someone explain the TEXTAREA upgrade? It sounded like a good idea when I read it, but it seems to have struck a nerve with a couple people, and I'm not sure why. I'm guessing it would be like if I went to an art auction and bought a painting by Monet, I bring the painting home and realize that the wallspace I have for it isn't wide enough, so I grab a corner of the painting a pull it down, hence making it skinnier and fitting my wall? Nobody would ever consider doing that to a Monet, yet isn't this what the new TEXTAREA feature does?
acdninjapan
Aug 25, 09:07 PM
Aaaaarh! Yeh only left tha one!
more...

Hawkeye411
Mar 27, 09:02 PM
no dude, read the thread. HE cancelled it. you can still see it in completed auctions as ended by the seller. when ebay cancels, it goes *poof*.
Ok I see the auction says cancelled by seller. Guess we scared him ;)
Ok I see the auction says cancelled by seller. Guess we scared him ;)
MacGiver
Apr 16, 08:58 AM
Hi
The question is in the title...I want to sell my black 2007 MB and have it clean. Can I use my 1 week old MPB OSX 10.6.7 install DVD to install clean my MB?
Thx
The question is in the title...I want to sell my black 2007 MB and have it clean. Can I use my 1 week old MPB OSX 10.6.7 install DVD to install clean my MB?
Thx
more...
eliamx
Nov 19, 11:20 PM
Exactly, Apple wouldn't care if you did. What you sold would be 2nd hand and have no warranty etc.. The same I assume would be true of T.J.s. As non authorized dealers they have bought some iPads and would be selling them as second hand items. Buyer beware.
Why is everyone under the impression that Apple is Sony, Dell, etc?
Apple Warranty is valid for the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, etc buyer of the same product because Apple doesn't do that ridiculous crap of killing off a warranty based on resale. It is based on the dated receipt. If you have a receipt, and it is within the 1 year warranty, it's covered.
I have bought and resold my main computers over and over again. I sell when I reach that last month mark. The buyers are always covered for that last month, and if they so choose, they can buy the 2 year extended before that final month is over.
Why is everyone under the impression that Apple is Sony, Dell, etc?
Apple Warranty is valid for the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, etc buyer of the same product because Apple doesn't do that ridiculous crap of killing off a warranty based on resale. It is based on the dated receipt. If you have a receipt, and it is within the 1 year warranty, it's covered.
I have bought and resold my main computers over and over again. I sell when I reach that last month mark. The buyers are always covered for that last month, and if they so choose, they can buy the 2 year extended before that final month is over.
iMattcotv
Mar 16, 03:46 AM
If its a 3rd gen, then probably not.
If it was a first gen then yes it would be, a 3g dev model is nothing new.
If it was a first gen then yes it would be, a 3g dev model is nothing new.
more...
maya
Feb 12, 02:32 PM
CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL THE NEW MODS.
a Mod-Mini, WTH :p ;) :)
a Mod-Mini, WTH :p ;) :)
CorvusCamenarum
Mar 19, 04:29 AM
But it was treason. There is a good reason that was a capital offense. The scale of death and misery that can be dealt through effective treason is far greater than than even a spray of bullets. If you support capital punishment, you should be in favor of hanging a traitor.
Has he been officially charged with treason? I ask because I haven't seen the charge sheet, provided that it has been published.
Going off the constitutional definition of treason (Article 3, section 3 for those interested), I think the state is going to have a hard time making it stick. PFC Manning didn't make war on the US, nor did he turn the documents, which I'll grant could be construed as aiding, over to an enemy power. Unless, of course, we decided to declare war on Australia while I was napping.
A very long prison term spent making furniture seems more appropriate in this case.
For that matter, why not Madoff? The effects of his mischief harmed far more people than even Manning. Why should he be spared the chair?
Madoff didn't kill anyone, and therein lies the difference. The main purpose of the death penalty is not punishment, but a means for the state to assert that only the state shall have the authority to take a life.
Has he been officially charged with treason? I ask because I haven't seen the charge sheet, provided that it has been published.
Going off the constitutional definition of treason (Article 3, section 3 for those interested), I think the state is going to have a hard time making it stick. PFC Manning didn't make war on the US, nor did he turn the documents, which I'll grant could be construed as aiding, over to an enemy power. Unless, of course, we decided to declare war on Australia while I was napping.
A very long prison term spent making furniture seems more appropriate in this case.
For that matter, why not Madoff? The effects of his mischief harmed far more people than even Manning. Why should he be spared the chair?
Madoff didn't kill anyone, and therein lies the difference. The main purpose of the death penalty is not punishment, but a means for the state to assert that only the state shall have the authority to take a life.
more...
Gasu E.
Apr 27, 08:02 PM
As someone who has to track down things like this constantly, I'm pretty unimpressed at the (lack of) speed of their code checking. This was not an obscure bug or complicated. It was just a too-large buffer definition and an execution path that always downloaded info.
And people think Apple can check binary app store submissions for bugs or trojans in just a few minutes, when they can't even find their own bugs in a few days with commented source code.
Again unimpressed. There've been accurate explanations posted here before Apple spoke up, that took just minutes to compose.
Although I've defended Apple over and over again on this topic, this just smacks of hoping it would blow over.
The right thing to do would've been to immediately say a week ago, "we're looking into it".
You sound as though you are in CS, escalation engineering or SQE; am I correct?
And people think Apple can check binary app store submissions for bugs or trojans in just a few minutes, when they can't even find their own bugs in a few days with commented source code.
Again unimpressed. There've been accurate explanations posted here before Apple spoke up, that took just minutes to compose.
Although I've defended Apple over and over again on this topic, this just smacks of hoping it would blow over.
The right thing to do would've been to immediately say a week ago, "we're looking into it".
You sound as though you are in CS, escalation engineering or SQE; am I correct?
missusm
Oct 23, 04:40 AM
According to differnet regions, I think.
more...

Stratification
Apr 15, 02:31 PM
Out for a photoshoot yesterday.
ECUpirate44
Apr 13, 09:26 PM
Just changed mine to this :)
Link!
Link!
more...

Inf4life
Jul 9, 10:21 PM
I'm probably going to the one in Niles on Milwaukee.
nevir
Oct 6, 08:49 AM
What I've been waiting for is true javascript support for wysiwyg textarea editors. I run a Mac blog site and I have to ask users to use Firefox. It seems a little sucky to do that for a Mac specific blogger site. Since Safari 1.3 Apple said they included the nessesary "hooks" for these editors, but no one has been successful in getting any of them to work in Safari.
I downloaded the latest nightly build of Webkit and it still doen't work :(
Considering Apple is releasing what looks like a full-page wysiwyg editor (http://www.apple.com/server/macosx/leopard/wikiserver.html), I don't think you'll have to wait too much longer (Leopard) for that type of wysiwyg support.
I downloaded the latest nightly build of Webkit and it still doen't work :(
Considering Apple is releasing what looks like a full-page wysiwyg editor (http://www.apple.com/server/macosx/leopard/wikiserver.html), I don't think you'll have to wait too much longer (Leopard) for that type of wysiwyg support.
more...
iowamensan
Oct 31, 09:26 AM
Apple Labels it as the iPod shuffle 1G 2nd Gen, so I think this should be the term used. Also, my order status shows my shuffle is now scheduled for delivery by Nov 2.
appleapplefan
Feb 17, 01:45 AM
i dont get the option on the 550 min plan
iPhone is burning when using, see this news: (http://www.getgek.com/iphone-mobile-phone/iphone-is-burning-by-itself-you-scare.html). I am sure all iphone users will be scared from this moment on! :mad:
iPhone is burning when using, see this news: (http://www.getgek.com/iphone-mobile-phone/iphone-is-burning-by-itself-you-scare.html). I am sure all iphone users will be scared from this moment on! :mad:
tadad1
Jul 10, 09:03 PM
No it will only transmit to one headset at a time.
DJ OJ
Oct 16, 07:27 PM
http://att.macrumors.com/contest/C20C15.jpg
Nothing Fancy, but Oh well.
Nothing Fancy, but Oh well.
PoitNarf
Mar 11, 10:54 AM
Anyone in line at Tice's Corner or know if anyone has lined up there yet?
modernmagic
Apr 30, 10:10 PM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8H7 Safari/6533.18.5)
Until MobileMe/iCloud is more full featured and cheaper than Google's/DropBox services, then I don't really care.
I use google/dropbox too but they do not offer everything mobileme does so you are comparing apples to oranges.
If you want to compare just cloud storage then Dropbox is $99/year for 50gb and MM is $99($69 from amazon)/yr for 20gb + all the other features that are integrated into ilife and idevices.
Until MobileMe/iCloud is more full featured and cheaper than Google's/DropBox services, then I don't really care.
I use google/dropbox too but they do not offer everything mobileme does so you are comparing apples to oranges.
If you want to compare just cloud storage then Dropbox is $99/year for 50gb and MM is $99($69 from amazon)/yr for 20gb + all the other features that are integrated into ilife and idevices.
Macaddicttt
Sep 24, 08:27 PM
i asked for a REAL reason.
Please don't bring a religious debate into this...
For some people it is a REAL reason, so please respect that and don't turn this into a "religion is stupid" thread. Then we'll be in the Political Forum for sure...
Please don't bring a religious debate into this...
For some people it is a REAL reason, so please respect that and don't turn this into a "religion is stupid" thread. Then we'll be in the Political Forum for sure...
deadfrog
Dec 28, 03:20 PM
whats this all mean, could they be updating a january sale thing or does this mean new products?
anyones thoughts?
(would have posted on macrumors page but it wont allow me to!)
anyones thoughts?
(would have posted on macrumors page but it wont allow me to!)